indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What the %$## goes through Isiah's mind? Did he actually think that Brown was the guy that they were going to win with, di he really think so much soto pay him $10 mil on a long term scale? I mean if you can gt Brown for a nice deal ok, but to pay a coach that much $ especially with the team we had, heshould have saw it coming. He hates shoot 1st pgs and Stephon was our star and a very good shoot 1st pg at the time, and he hates centers that dont play D andhejust gave up our entire future for one of those.

I mean what is the @!!$%%* logic to that, to pay 10 mil to a coach that did not look god from the getgo. I mean Isiah has had MANY questionable moves but interms of just plain stupidity that has to be up there with James and Jeffries, and Curry... oh ill throw in Steve Francis to round out the top 5.

but i mean unlike signing James and Jeffries and the Curry move maybe Isiah was just dillusional and he thought that all those guys were worth their value,but the Larry Brown move for 10 mil just shows me he wasnt thinking. It was a completely non-Larruy Brown team and to throw that much $ at a @!!$%%* coach anda first year coach (for our team) i just dont get what he was thinking.

The other move that isnt as talked about and didnt hurt us o much but i still feel it is a move that Isiah necessarily wasnt being stupid, just not thinkingwas in the 06 draft. No i am not bashing his pick on Balkman, but no scouts even had Balkman in the top 250 or whatever. We had the 20th and the 29th pick inthis draft and it was accepted that we were going to go for a PG with one of those, if he was committed to Balkman he easily could have waited to take him at29 he did not think it trough and was too anxious. If we would have taken a PG at 20 we could of had a MUCH better choice of Rondo, Sergio Rodriguez, MarcusWilliams, heck even Kyle Lowry or Farmar. I was very high coming in on guys like Rondo and especially my boy Sergio rodriguez who i still feel will be a verysolid PG some day, but either way all are huge improvements over bum Mardy collins he cant even play basketball. i we could have drafted a pg at #20 and thanBalkman at 29 we would have been way better off. i just dont get what Iiah is thinking...

on that note thank @!!$%%* god he is outta here FINALLY
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Slap. Jackson should coach St. john's.

Norm: GTHOH.

cosign

and cosine

but we know SJU is too thick headed for that, so in the mean time he should coach here
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Slap. Jackson should coach St. john's.

Norm: GTHOH.

that would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i wouldnt even be ad that he didnt take the Knicks job, he would bring us BACK

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

^no lb was paid much more than that..a cool 10 mill a year

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What the %$## goes through Isiah's mind? Did he actually think that Brown was the guy that they were going to win with, di he really think so much so to pay him $10 mil on a long term scale? I mean if you can gt Brown for a nice deal ok, but to pay a coach that much $ especially with the team we had, he should have saw it coming. He hates shoot 1st pgs and Stephon was our star and a very good shoot 1st pg at the time, and he hates centers that dont play D and hejust gave up our entire future for one of those.

I mean what is the @!!$%%* logic to that, to pay 10 mil to a coach that did not look god from the getgo. I mean Isiah has had MANY questionable moves but in terms of just plain stupidity that has to be up there with James and Jeffries, and Curry... oh ill throw in Steve Francis to round out the top 5.

but i mean unlike signing James and Jeffries and the Curry move maybe Isiah was just dillusional and he thought that all those guys were worth their value, but the Larry Brown move for 10 mil just shows me he wasnt thinking. It was a completely non-Larruy Brown team and to throw that much $ at a @!!$%%* coach and a first year coach (for our team) i just dont get what he was thinking.

The other move that isnt as talked about and didnt hurt us o much but i still feel it is a move that Isiah necessarily wasnt being stupid, just not thinking was in the 06 draft. No i am not bashing his pick on Balkman, but no scouts even had Balkman in the top 250 or whatever. We had the 20th and the 29th pick in this draft and it was accepted that we were going to go for a PG with one of those, if he was committed to Balkman he easily could have waited to take him at 29 he did not think it trough and was too anxious. If we would have taken a PG at 20 we could of had a MUCH better choice of Rondo, Sergio Rodriguez, Marcus Williams, heck even Kyle Lowry or Farmar. I was very high coming in on guys like Rondo and especially my boy Sergio rodriguez who i still feel will be a very solid PG some day, but either way all are huge improvements over bum Mardy collins he cant even play basketball. i we could have drafted a pg at #20 and than Balkman at 29 we would have been way better off. i just dont get what Iiah is thinking...

on that note thank @!!$%%* god he is outta here FINALLY
pimp.gif

the rumor i remember hearing about the 06 draft is that phoenix was very fond of balkman and planned on taking him with the 21st pick

Money to coaches or any part of the FO here is meaningless...

we have the money to spend...there's no cap.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

the rumor i remember hearing about the 06 draft is that phoenix was very fond of balkman and planned on taking him with the 21st pick

I dont buy that, that is Isiah tryng to cover up after the draft was over and he realized what he did. I remember Phoenix denied it as well, they wereasked about it and said some %@!+ like who the %%@% is Renaldo Balkamn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah but regardless of who coaches us next season we are going to lose, so why give all that $ to a vetran coach when a guy like Herb Williams whois on our team will get the same results and he wont be as stubboorn. Its just not necessary.
tired.gif

Come on NOw, meaningless????!!!............ever heard of ticket prices, rising cost for cablevision/ optimum online bills??? all of that isaffected .....of course the fans are affected big in this
laugh.gif
smh.gif

SMH @ saying it is meaningless

[h1]Mike D'Antoni makes Bull run; Donnie Walsh meets with Avery Johnson[/h1]
By MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 11:20 PM

amd_mikedantoni.jpg
Thompson/AP
Mike D'Antoni appears to be headed to Chicago, not the Knicks.

After interviewing with Knicks president Donnie Walsh in the Phoenix area on Monday, 'Antoni reportedly is headedto Chicagoto succeed ScottSkiles as soon as the two sides can agree on a contract, according to NBAsources.

Walsh traveled from Arizona to the Houston area Tuesday and met with former Mavs coach Avery Johnson tocontinue his "due-diligence tour." But Jackson is still regarded as the overwhelming favorite to replace Isiah Thomas.

Before Walsh talked to D'Antoni, the Bulls interviewed him on Sunday, apparently coming away thinking that his prolific offensive system will be a goodfit for Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and other players who underachieved this season.

D'Antoni, meanwhile, has told associates that he is confident that he can be successful with the Bulls' roster. For the players, his upbeatpersonality will also be a radical change from Skiles' stern taskmaster approach. The only hang-up involves D'Antoni getting the money he wants. TheBulls may have to end up paying more for a coach than they care to, as they are still paying Skiles around $6million.

Due to philosophical differences, the Suns will happily let D'Antoni go so that they can get out from under the final $8.5million on his contract. TheSuns wanted D'Antoni to incorporate more defense in his coaching. D'Antoni, in turn, was upset that owner Robert Sarver and president Steve Kerr tried to tell him how to coach the team after he had averaged 57 wins the past four seasons.

In Dallas, Johnson emphasized the kind of defense thatWalsh wants the Knicks to play next season. Johnson's college coach, Ben Jobe, is close to Walsh, and Walsh decidedfrom the start that although he targeted Jackson to be his coach, he would take his time and consider all other candidates.

With the Suns looking to change to a more conventional way of playing, Johnson's name continues to be linked to Phoenix. Although he comes off twostraight first-round playoff ousters, he is seen as one of the top coaches available. Kerr and Johnson played together in San Antonio for three seasons, including the Spurs' first title season in 1999.

Rick Carlisle, who talked to Walsh about the Knicks' job andformerly coached under Walsh in Indiana, has been in talks since last Thursday with theMavs. He is expected to succeed Johnson.

Walsh could prolong his "search" by waiting to interview Celtics associate headcoach TomThibodeau. The former Knicks assistant tops Walsh's list of assistant coaches who might be ready to make thejump to the head chair.

Although Celtics coach Doc Rivers doesn't have a problem with Thibodeauusing an off-day in the playoff schedule to interview for the Knicks job, Rivers' bosses reportedly don't want Thibodeau tointerview until after their season is over. The Celtics started their second-round series against Cleveland last night and could be playing for another five weeks.

i wouldnt mind Avery from a defensive standpoint....these guys need that type of coach..thing is, he's a micromanager...and with these Knicks, it's atossup. @ least you know he wont be trying to be player friendly.

i just dont like him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Come on NOw, meaningless????!!!............ever heard of ticket prices, rising cost for cablevision/ optimum online bills??? all of that is affected .....of course the fans are affected big in this
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I don't care about that, if it brings a winner..it brings a winner. I'm not saying you throw excessive amounts at anyone...but for us to watchclosely how much we sign a Coach to is being...idk the word.

My point was it's not having an impact on the roster.

I'd rather them spend the money on a good coach and not have to pay luxury taxes on the roster

One thing that I'm extremely happy about is the fact that Walsh is actually interviewing multiple candidates. When was the last time the Knicks actuallylooked at a bunch of people to see who would best fit the position. Hell, Walsh was the only guy interviewed for his position. It's like the organizationjust picked a guy out of a hat and decided to put all our faith in him.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Come on NOw, meaningless????!!!............ever heard of ticket prices, rising cost for cablevision/ optimum online bills??? all of that is affected .....of course the fans are affected big in this
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I don't care about that, if it brings a winner..it brings a winner. I'm not saying you throw excessive amounts at anyone...but for us to watch closely how much we sign a Coach to is being...idk the word.

My point was it's not having an impact on the roster.

I'd rather them spend the money on a good coach and not have to pay luxury taxes on the roster

im trying to say that no matter what coach we get, NOBODY can win with this piece of $!*$ team, so why throw big $ at a acoach who will get the same resultsfor a homeless guy that we give 5$ to to coach.

I mean regardless we wont make the playoffs this year unless D walsh throws some sick nasty $!*$ this off season, which wont happen

[h1]nicks' job still Mark Jackson's to lose[/h1]
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 11:10 PM

amd_jackson.jpg
Garrabrant/Getty
Mark Jackson seems to be Donnie Walsh's leading candidate to become the next Knick coach.

Donnie Walsh has interviewed at least five candidates for the Knicks' head coaching job and has reached out to several others. And yetMark Jackson, who was the favorite last month, remains the odds-on favoriteto succeed Isiah Thomas.

"I would say that's a pretty good bet," said a Knicks source. "It is still Mark's job to lose."

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni and former Mavs coach Avery Johnson met with Walsh on Monday and Tuesday, respectively, but there arefactors that make them less appealing than Jackson. D'Antoni, who is still under contract with Phoenix, plays an up-tempo style that doesn't fit the Knicks' personnel. "If I were advising him I would tell him to stayaway," said one Eastern Conference general manager. "That's not his kind of team."

There is also a feeling that D'Antoni would prefer the Bulls job and is simply talking to the Knicks as a way to drive up his asking price with Chicago. The one problem is that the Bulls still owe former coach Scott Skiles $5 million and are not prepared to shell out $4 million to $5 millionannually for their next coach. D'Antoni is scheduled to earn $8.5 million over the next two seasons from Phoenix.

Chicago's reluctance to pay top dollar could benefit Celticsassistant coach Tom Thibodeau, who is also someone that Walsh has saidhe'd like to interview.

Johnson may be a better fit with the Knick roster, but several league executives believe that the former Dallas coach may sit out one year. He is owed $11 million from the Mavs.

Jackson met with Walsh, the Knicks' new president, two weeks ago in Phoenix. Although no offer was made, sources from both sides were encouraged by themeeting and feel that Jackson is the prohibitive favorite. But Walsh feels an obligation to interview other candidates, which is why he has spoken to Rick Carlisle - who is close to a deal with the Mavericks - and Knicks assistantHerb Williams. Skiles and Jeff Van Gundy turned down the chance to be interviewed.

Jackson has a history with Walsh, having been the Pacers' startingpoint guard when the franchise reached its one and only NBA Finals in 2000. Walsh wanted Jackson to interview for Indiana's coaching position last year, but Larry Bird wasalready set to hire Jim O'Brien.

Walsh maintains that he wants to have a coach in place before next month's NBA draft. Ideally, the Knicks will name a coach before the pre-draft camp inOrlando begins in two weeks.

Walsh is expected to wait until after the draft before he turns his attention to the front office. One person who will certainly be on his list of GMcandidates is Billy Knight, who announced yesterday that he is resigning asGM of the Atlanta Hawks on July 1. Knight worked for Walsh in Indiana andthe two remain close friends.

Former Sixers GM Billy King, former Sonics GM Rick Sund and former NBA player Kenny Smith are also candidates for the job.

Hanley of Sun-Times indicates that Knicks may not pay the $6 million, which is more than anyone except PhilJackson & maybe Popovich:

That Walsh is meeting with D'Antoni's agent today might suggest that Mark Jackson is no longer considered the Knicks' favorite. Walsh might balk,however, at D'Antoni's asking price, which could be about $6 million per year on a long-term contract. Jackson, who has no coaching experience, likelywould sign for much less.

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

Hanley of Sun-Times indicates that Knicks may not pay the $6 million, which is more than anyone except Phil Jackson & maybe Popovich:

That Walsh is meeting with D'Antoni's agent today might suggest that Mark Jackson is no longer considered the Knicks' favorite. Walsh might balk, however, at D'Antoni's asking price, which could be about $6 million per year on a long-term contract. Jackson, who has no coaching experience, likely would sign for much less.

and this is why non-knicks fans should not post in here

did u really think you were telling us anything new? did u even look at this page before you posted let alone any of the pages before this one? i'mgonna go out on a limb and say no.

^^where is that from?
roll.gif

it seems like everyone has a connection to Bron.
laugh.gif

I do NOT want D'Antoni and especially NOT for that wack $$+ deal

Back
Top Bottom