OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

minnesota just won.....how's our standings?
[table][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]57[/td] [td].278[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]14-26[/td] [td]8-31[/td] [td]11-38[/td] [td]2-14[/td] [td]100.6[/td] [td]106.6[/td] [td]-5.9[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]57[/td] [td].288[/td] [td]40 ½[/td] [td]15-25[/td] [td]8-32[/td] [td]20-30[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]96.7[/td] [td]103.2[/td] [td]-6.6[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]59[/td] [td].253[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]14-26[/td] [td]6-33[/td] [td]13-38[/td] [td]3-13[/td] [td]95.1[/td] [td]102.2[/td] [td]-7.1[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]61[/td] [td].228[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]12-28[/td] [td]6-33[/td] [td]10-39[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]97.5[/td] [td]106.4[/td] [td]-8.9[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]65[/td] [td].177[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]8-32[/td] [td]6-33[/td] [td]7-42[/td] [td]1-14[/td] [td]91.5[/td] [td]100.3[/td] [td]-8.8[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][/table]

L, Minny and Memphis win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nets out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: and since we are in agreement the Knicks will get at least #6 here are my top 6 gys for us in order

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. Brook lopez
6. Gordon

It's gonna come down to us having a "Ewing" like moment and somehow getting lucky in the lottery. If we don't get Rose/Beasley then I wouldprefer OJ. Fred Jones just ain't cuttin it at the 2.

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Lopez
4. Mayo
5. Bayless
6. I'm going to be really depressed if we have the 6th pick

Can you guys say why you think Bayless would be a good pick at 4 or 5? I haven't seen much of this kid and was surprised to see him ranked so high.

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Can you guys say why you think Bayless would be a good pick at 4 or 5? I haven't seen much of this kid and was surprised to see him ranked so high.

Think Monta Ellis with the ability to run the point

I don't think he's a great pick, but he'll be very good

^^hopfully we will pass Memphis and Stern will show us some mercy in the lottery

I mean cmon us fans deserve it after the #+!+ we have goone through during the millenium. At least he can maybe give us some hope for the future, plus he needsthe Kicks to be good to make more $.

True:
LETS GET IT MEMPHIS

[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
View more Accuscore game details
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MIN[/td] [td]20-59[/td] [td]95.1[/td] [td]102.2[/td] [td]14-26[/td] [td]6-33[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MEM[/td] [td]22-57[/td] [td]100.6[/td] [td]106.6[/td] [td]14-26[/td] [td]8-31[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis leads 2-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 12/1[/td] [td]@MEM 109, MIN 80[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 3/19[/td] [td]@MIN 98, MEM 94[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 4/6[/td] [td]MEM 113, @ MIN 101[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Apr 12, 2008[/td] [td]MIN @ MEM[/td] [td]8:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Grizzlies | Timberwolves[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MINNESOTA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Sebastian Telfair PG - Apr 8: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MEMPHIS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Javaris Crittenton PG - Apr 11: Day-to-Day
· Mike Miller SG - Apr 11: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MINNESOTA (ET)[/td] [td]MEMPHIS (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Apr 11 @ORL Win 102-101
Apr 09 NO Loss 122-90
Apr 08 @CHA Loss 121-119
Apr 06 MEM Loss 113-101
Apr 04 @PHO Loss 117-88
[/td] [td]Apr 11 @MIA Win 96-91
Apr 08 PHO Loss 127-113
Apr 06 @MIN Win 113-101
Apr 04 GS Loss 117-86
Apr 02 NY Win 130-114
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Minnesota | Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]MINNESOTA (PPG)[/td] [td]MEMPHIS (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG��������[/td] [td]R. Foye 12.5[/td] [td]M. Conley 9.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG��������[/td] [td]M. Jaric 8.1[/td] [td]M. Miller 16.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF��������[/td] [td]K. Snyder 6.9[/td] [td]R. Gay 20.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF��������[/td] [td]R. Gomes 12.5[/td] [td]H. Warrick 11.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C��������[/td] [td]A. Jefferson 21.0[/td] [td]. Milicic 7.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: Minnesota | Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�[/td] [td]MINNESOTA[/td] [td]MEMPHIS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]A. Jefferson 21.0[/td] [td]R. Gay 20.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]A. Jefferson 11.2[/td] [td]P. Gasol 8.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]S. Telfair 5.9[/td] [td]M. Conley 4.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]M. Jaric 1.3[/td] [td]R. Gay 1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]T. Ratliff 1.9[/td] [td]. Milicic 1.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Minnesota | Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@MEMPHIS[/td] [td]--5[/td] [td]-2[/td] [td]MINNESOTA[/td] [td]212[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]20-59-0 (.253)[/td] [td]22-57-0 (.278)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]7-4-0 (.636)[/td] [td]9-6-0 (.600)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]13-55-0 (.191)[/td] [td]13-51-0 (.203)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]14-26-0 (.350)[/td] [td]14-26-0 (.350)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]6-33-0 (.154)[/td] [td]8-31-0 (.205)[/td] [/tr][/table]

STATS LLC

laugh.gif
im dead serious, if i knew how to make those OD sigs like daprescription i would've been started a thread on this game with a sig/avy combo

Went to the game last night. They were terrible aside from the little run in the middle of the 4th quarter. I like what I'm seeing from Chandler.

Another loss, more ping pongs.

Joe Johnson own3d.

^where were u sitting? I was in 347 but was in the hallway most of the game watching the Rangers game and the Yankees game
laugh.gif

%+%%!#+ Memphis!!! How the %##% do you lose to Minny?!!?!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

by the way ill be at the finale tomorrow to see Isiah's last game disgracing our once storied franchise
pimp.gif

free food
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4-game win streak
laugh.gif

Lose when you're supposed to win, win when you're actually supposed to lose. ISIAH SUCKS. The league should implode if he isn't gone after this.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^where were u sitting? I was in 347 but was in the hallway most of the game watching the Rangers game and the Yankees game
laugh.gif

I was in 424.
laugh.gif
You get what you pay for, it was those T-Mobile promotion $10tickets.

YO!

Any cheap tickets available for the last home game, I don't care where I sit (top is preferred).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

YO!

Any cheap tickets available for the last home game, I don't care where I sit (top is preferred).

laugh.gif
roll.gif
They're giving away free food too...It would be hot if the Fans can start a big food fight at the garden
eek.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Billy King and Rick Sund top Donnie Walsh's list for Knicks' GM[/h1]By MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

alg_walsh.jpg
Sipkin/News
Donnie Walsh said he'll interview Billy King and Rick Sund for the Knicks' GM spot.

amd_snider-king.jpg
Widman/AP
Billy King (l.) could be the Knicks' next GM.

Donnie Walsh has narrowed his choices for Knicks GM to a short list that includes long-time NBA executives Billy King and Rick Sund, the Daily News has learned.

According to an NBA executive who talked with Walsh this past week, the team's new president has plans to begin interviewing King and Sund, and perhaps a third candidate, shortly after the season ends Wednesday.

As for the third candidate, Isiah Thomas is not in the mix to stay on as GM, according to the source, who also said that Walsh is not thinking of Mark Jackson for the post, either. Jackson has been mentioned as a potential GM since Walsh's arrival.

"Donnie is looking at Jackson as a coaching candidate," said the source.

When Walsh took over 12 days ago, he did not commit to bringing in a GM to help him rebuild the Knicks. Although he intends to be hands-on, the fact that he has targeted experienced executives tells you how he views the task. In a word, monumental.

While Golden State's Chris Mullin is a protégé of Walsh's, he is not on the short list, perhaps because he is under contract to Golden State. That looks to be a stumbling block for Walsh, even as the St. John's legend's name continues to be linked to the post. Similarly, Denver executive Mark Warkentien had been seen as Walsh's first choice to help him rebuild the team. But Warkentien is under contract to the Nuggets and also did not make Walsh's short list. Hiring King or Sund would not cost the Knicks compensation.

Glen Grunwald, the Knicks senior VP of Basketball Operations, was in Portsmouth, Va., last week scouting potential draft picks. But his tenure will come to an end when Walsh fires Thomas, possibly as early as Thursday, the day after the Knick season ends. Thomas, meanwhile, could be reassigned within the organization.

"Once Donnie takes care of Isiah, and then after he meets with the players, then he will start sitting down with his potential GM's," the source said.

King was in his fifth season as Sixers president, and 11th season overall in Philly, when he was fired this season. His stock has been on the rise as the Sixers have played their way into the postseason for the first time since 2005. King worked for Walsh and the Pacers as an assistant coach under Larry Brown for four seasons in the mid-90's.

Sund, a 30-year NBA front-office executive, has never worked for Walsh, but the two have had dealings as far back as the 1980's when Sund ran the Dallas Mavericks. Sund is also a candidate for the GM job in Indiana under team president Larry Bird. Sund headed up the Sonics for six years before being axed after last season due to an ownership change. The Sonics won the Northwest Division in 2005 and advanced to the second round. He spent this season as a consultant to the team and turned down a chance to join the Nets as Rod Thorn's special assistant. That job went to Kiki Vandeweghe.

Because of their experience running teams, King and Sund were considered the top candidates for Milwaukee's GM opening. Both had interviews with the Bucks, who also approached Walsh about their position, but that job was filled last Friday by Detroit VP John Hammond.

Walsh could expand his GM wish-list if the Hawks fire Billy Knight. There has been speculation that Atlanta will clean house, with Knight and coach Mike Woodson both getting pink slips. Like King, Knight worked under Walsh in Indiana, for five seasons when he was starting out as an NBA executive.

Back
Top Bottom