Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

who yall rooting for in the playoffs
i am gonna jump on the broncos bandwagon

I've always been a big Peyton fan, want to see him get another ring
Harbaugh is the man so don't mind seeing SF go far
Also a fan of Rodgers, don't mind them going far.

Pretty much anyone but Atlanta, Dallas, New England and Washington.

Last edited:
had a lot of fun at the game, sat in a suite on the 5 yard line. Glad we finished off the year in such grand fashion. Lots of people stayed after to watch the Lions game as it was on in the stadium, unfortunately it didn't work out too well.

Here's a video I shot prior to the game starting. NYG bussed 400 people from Newtown CT and Sandy Hook to be a part of the game. They lined the field and greeted the NYG and PHI as they were introduced.

(pardon the "cool" I was excited.)

Giants' 2013 schedule includes 10 games vs. teams that did not make the playoffs this season and 5 games vs. teams with 4 wins or fewer.

HOME
Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington ********
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks

AWAY
Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington ********
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers

*pops bottles

Last edited:
its really sucks to not have playoff football.....the talent on this team is too strong to miss the playoffs....eli looked off this year...the main difference this year over any of past 5 is his deep ball was not nearly as strong....he under threw a ton of balls.....i really think gilbride sucks...positive is eli has had the same coordinator for his entire career but i think eli's respect for gilbride he allows gilbride to run the offense....when peyton went to denver he put in his offense and is running it his way....thats what i want the giants to do let eli plan the attack let eli do as he wants....bennett is a good TE i'm happy with him but i don't think eli likes throwing to the TE, seems like the TE is eli's 4th read once or twice a game he will throw a quick play meant for the TE....we need to get more easy passes for eli to the TE and RBs his completion % was too low and thats because he is looking 20 yards down the field all the time.....i like wilson he should start next year with brown as backup and rookie as 3rd back....bradshaw has to be cut....we need to sign cruz, bennett(1 year deal), Beatty, boothe, phillips, stevie brown.....cruz beatty boothe are musts....i think they should franchise phillips or bennett.....cuts boley, bradshaw, webster, and maybe canty..... surprise players of the season brown and beatty, beatty dude had back problems all off season and i thought would be the weak link of the team....i don't recall seeing dude get beat all season......kiwanuka needs to return to backup DE or starter if tuck stinks it up next year.....

draft rounds
1 CB
2 CB
3 CB
4 CB
5 CB
6 CB
7 RB

seriously best talent in round 1, hopefully a good tackle to fight for RT spot right away and CBs 2 and 3....i'm fine with using the young LBs next year

Defense needs to be addressed big time. Just too inconsistent.

Webster gets cooked way too often. He'll come up with an INT or a good series to calm the noise, but that just doesn't cut it anymore.

Nicks was beat up this year, no deep threat to open up for Cruz even though he had a pretty good year. Do not be surprised if Randle gets more PT next season, he improved a lot over the course of the season. O-Line is just old and slow, and Bradshaw still reached 1,000 for the season. :pimp:

We desperately need a MLB, a young DE on the other side of JPP, and obviously CB. We just played inconsistent this year, still even with the team as is we are the best team in the league playing at our best.

Consistent LB play would help the D-Line and Secondary a ton. Blackburn plays his butt off but he just doesn't cut it at MLB, hoping we can get a decent replacement in FA or the draft.

Prince needs to develop into the #1 CB, fast...

Defense needs to be addressed big time. Just too inconsistent.
Webster gets cooked way too often. He'll come up with an INT or a good series to calm the noise, but that just doesn't cut it anymore.

Webster has given us 8 good years, considering we've had zero pass rush all season long I'm amazed the secondary wasn't WORSE. Its extremely difficult to lock anyone down, there are only maybe 2 CB's who have the individual talent to shut someone down weekly without a pass rush. Our secondary looked tough one week then soft the next, Rolle played with a lot of heart and Prince is already our best tackling CB, love the jump he has made.

Pass rush is the main priority, not sure if they will hold onto Osi but Tuck will be here for another season, maybe get another guy in there and with another training camp for Ojomo the problem will be solved. We've also never been a team to have great LB's, our core is slow at times but they usually make plays esp Blackburn :lol: Williams was hurt half the season and he was always our solid guy on the edge's. O-line needs revamping as well but you'll probably see small time moves in that area.

I figured 9 wins would be enough for the division again but the ******** got hot....that loss to them was the difference in the season, had no business losing that game until the red zone issues showed itself :x

If Nicks doesn't have an injured knee/foot it's a different season imo, but what good is the playoffs when the defense/pass rush has not been as reliable as the year prior. Statistically the defense and offense was better this year than the last, but they had a certain edge to them esp down the stretch, felt confident with them.

whoa i have read in a few places the giants are going to let phillips walk? crazy phillips is very good, yes brown had a ton of ints, next year he can get 2, it happens every year guy leads the league in ints and doesnt get any next year....i like brown want him back, 3 safety look with all 3 is a good idea but they better not let phillips go to keep brown....if anything they should franchise phillips this year and see how they all do next year....rolle was great the past 2 season but he is 30, lets see how all 3 are after next season. i rather lose tuck than phillips, kiwanuka can play DE

Great vid of all pass attempts throwin in Prince's way....first season playing.

Prince only has allowed 2 TD's all season, one in the last week vs Eagles when he was hurt, and one on a great catch by the receiver, Only allowed 50 YAC for the entire season, rarely misses a tackle. This is despite the nonsense zone play calling most of the time.

There is a reason Webster was targeted.

Last edited:
David Wilson 2012 highlights....just improve the blocking young man.

Good to have Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson trio.

RT @4stillRunning: long way to go work work RT @Mighty1ne: '12 season highlights of @4stillrunning (D. Wilson) #NYG http://t.co/ScFJM83U

:pimp:

Last edited:
Bradshaw, Canty, Boley.

Don't be surprised if we don't get back Phillips, Webster, Osi, Tuck and a few big names. These guys simply aren't worth the $ and haven't been producing lately.

In Reese we trust.

Back
Top Bottom