Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

at least I won some money picking KC. :rolleyes

The sack differential keeps growing negatively, not a winning recipe.

Nothing new to be said, the lines have to go through a rebuilding process which will take a year or two.

The defense keeps putting the offense in good spots, 7 forced turnovers and the offense only got 3 points for the season.

As bad as the Giants are, the division is even more pathetic.

Last edited:
still only 2 games back and Romo hasnt even hit his 4 week slump yet....after next week we can be one game out....i still remain hopeful until we are 3 out.....for all we know 8-8 wins the division this season....our number one weakness is Oline it can be turned around with more time playing together....what i dont want to happen is going 6-10 or 7-9...if we are going to stink then stink to get top 3 pick.....
giants can beat the eagles twice and skins twice...that cowboys game at home could be for the division lead....5-1 in the division and 4-3 vs rest of the schedule has us at 9-7 winning the east....we can do it....i'm really thinking about going to vegas this weekend and putting $800 on the giants....200-1 odds to win the super bowl has me winning 160k....i'm all in!!!!

Last edited:
it is what it is...
any expectations left for this team are gone
2 games behind with 5 division games remaining
there's plenty of football left to play

It's not how you start but how you finish. If the giants are a game back after next week winning that division is a legit possibility.

Not sure if that means much but if their playing their best football late in the season I wouldn't count the giants out. Hell they beat a 15-1 team and two 13-3 teams in 2011 after playing some sloppy football throughout that season.

It's not saying much but out of all 4 teams in that division I trust the giants the most.

Dallas had the opportunity to have a huge lead on the rest of the east early and should at least be 3-1. They squandered that. Perhaps the skins get it together as rg3 gets back to 100% but the cowboys are going to let the giants back in that division by default in a way that would make the 2010 Seahawks proud lmao

this is not the same 2011 team.

if the Giants showed me something positive it was their no huddle drive before the half, I only wish Eli can ignore Gilbride at times and call his own plays all the time the way his older brother does.

The sack differential along with the current mindset of the team does not give me confidence in ANY week this season.

Yeah, I just don't see where we flip the switch and start playing well. No cohesion whatsoever. If it's not one thing with this team, it's another. A lot of holes right now.

Let's just get in the win column vs Philly at home and go from there.

Agreed but its not necessairly about flipping a switch. Its moreso about playing better football and taking it from there. Its been a few teams in recent years who started 0-5 0-6 while getring blown out a few of those games and finished 8-8 while being in the playoff hunt until week 17. Just like its teams that start hot and finish with a whimper.

They may very well be done for this year but Dallas not capitalizing in the giants struggles and the fact the giants are due to most likely get things together as the season progresses would give me some hope if I were a giants fan.

I agree with that as well, but offensive lines don't get better overnight. And neither do defensive lines. Those are 2 of the bigger issues here. No pass rush and no continuity with the offensive line although they were OK at times yesterday. Game turned ugly yesterday but we squandered so many opportunities. Half yard short for Cruz and then specials teams TD for KC. Could not have wrote than any worse for us, but time to gather ourselves and pick ourselves up off the mat. Sucks it takes a whole week to get back though. I've had a bad taste in my mouth for the last 3 weeks.

Lol @ holding out hope for this season. Some of ya'll clearly aren't watching the same games as me. We're done. The problems we have can't be fixed in-season. I would just hope that we could compete and keep from embarrassing ourselves further.

Even in 2011 we had an up and down oline, Cruz provided a spark with the offense an Eli played at such a high level that is impossible to maintain every season. Giants were still last I rushing that season also.

Eli was the reason we won, the Giants won despite of Gilbride and the coaching staff.

Any reason why Scott got cut? Could Nicks for LeShoure and draft pick still be happening?

Hopefully this means more snaps for David Wilson. He needs 18-20 snaps per game.

Nicks isnt going anywhere btw.

Back
Top Bottom