Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Pugh was thrown into the fire from the start and has done very solid work from his side, the pressure came from the middle or left all game long yesterday, it was pathetic not being able to see Eli even step into any throw.

The offensive line was always a strong suit of the Giants the past decade and has just gotten progressively worse. Last year it was serviceable, this year it has to be the worst in football.

The down the field big play "play calling" has to be adjusted otherwise every game will look worse and worse.

The defense yesterday gave the offense great opportunities to put points on the board yesterday and nothing. I don't even care what the final scores are, these first three games are all on the offense.

Last edited:
the division as a whole is doing pretty bad, i still have hope :nerd:

anyone else feel Coughlin completely stole ALL of Wilsons confidence?

I'm honestly done with both our OC, and DC. It's time to get a fresh and creative mind to run the offense, and Perry Fewell's Defense has been for forever. I look at what Rob Ryan has done with NO, and I'm like "does that Defense really have more talent than ours" 
mean.gif

Never been to crazy about either but if you can't win the battle in the trenches, no coordinator would make a difference.

I do agree that some changes should be made eventually, if it weren't for Eli bailing the team out two seasons ago week after week, those coordinators probably wouldn't be here right now.

Stat i just heard: in the last 67 regular season games (the number of games since he started as Jets coach) Rex Ryan's record is 36-31. The exact same as Tom Coughlin's over the same period of time.

TC is gold in NY. Two rings overall. Don't care for a barstool statistic.

And giants do things with class as an organization. The jets not so much.

TC is gold in NY. Two rings overall. Don't care for a barstool statistic.

And giants do things with class as an organization. The jets not so much.
They missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years though.  And if the trends hold up this year will make it 4 out of 5 years.  Rex went to back to back conference championships in that span of time.

I can't say anything about "doing things with class" because that's pure conjecture.

Championship games are moot if you don't win it all. Unless that is what makes you happy as a fan. Getting to the confererence championship. Teams don't measure success that way.

It's possible Rex ad TC both get fired by season's end.

I don't think the Mara's would fire Coughlin, I think they would ask him to retire. He has one year left.

Also, this franchise had all its success from the Parcells coaching tree. Not really sure where they would go unless they pull a miracle and Sean Payton back. :nerd:

They missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years though.  And if the trends hold up this year will make it 4 out of 5 years.  Rex went to back to back conference championships in that span of time.

I can't say anything about "doing things with class" because that's pure conjecture.

Giants haven't even had a losing record since 2004, won 9 games when they won the superbowl and won 9 games last season and didn't make the playoffs. Even missed the playoffs with a 10 win season. NFC is no slouch, they still have championships to show for it despite that.

And it's night and day when you compare the Jets organization and the Giants. One is more concerned with headlines and gimmicks.

Coughlin has a year left and he will probably let the contract run out and retire.

Last edited:
Time to burn it down. Everyone other than Eli, Nicks, Cruz and Coughlin can go. From the front office to the field we've got a lot fixing that needs to be done. We've spent the last few years plugging and patching holes (albeit with some success) but now the pipe has burst.

Where the hell is JPP and Tuck? I'm still waiting for them to show up. :smh:

The O-Line has been garbage and outside of the second half against the Cowboys Eli has been garbage too. 8 INT's is indefensible. :smh:

Eli has not made good decisions at times but he is far from the major problem, he is forcing the issue a lot when the team is down (esp in garbage time). What do you expect him to do with the run game averaging -35472 yards a game and no protection? Eli is still averaging near 60% completion percentage, and they are constantly in 3rd and long situations over and over again because of offensive holding penalties and dropped passes. WR's have left about 3 touchdowns off the board from drops/fumbles.

Look no further than the sack differential. Giants defensive line has 2 sacks in 3 games, while they have allowed Eli to be sacked 11 times. Differential of -9, no team will be successful with that recipe I don't care who you are.

JPP is still recovering from back surgery and it may take a whole 'nother season before he can get to a high level again, Tuck is just getting older and hasn't been right the past two years, even though he is 3rd in tackles.

They may have to revamp this entire offensive line the way they did back in 2000....draft and add some veterans.

Last edited:
If they do........for all intents and purposes, theyre folding the tents. Youd be down to louis murphy/jerrnigan as the #3.

Lets see..no baas, no snee...obv no diehl...against a good pass rush....

I dunno, man....
Killdrive/radio and co are gonna have to draw up a heckofa gameplan on sun..

I read that the rumors false, but regardless I think this is his last year unfortunately.

Same feeling, too many holes to fill to pay Nicks a ton of money...depends what he wants.

Not going to worry about it until the season though.

I get it, we don't have money to spend on him like that but I think he's too good to let go. You can't have something like that and let him go.

Nicks is always injured though. Can't stay on field. I would love to keep but if his price tag is too high not worth it with all of the other areas it looks like we need to address at this point.

At KC tomorrow is going to be tough. We better show something. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom