Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Depends what bone he broke so he may not miss the entire season, again it depends. Who should be the backup now? Feel bad for Brown, he was anxious to show his worth.

Wilson would've gotten a majority of the carries regardless but we need someone to spell him.

This offense sick.gif

They had a 90 yard scoring drive at least, but its' preseason, It's about surviving not looking good. Remember when Ron Dayne had 200+ rushing yards in a preseason game?

Last edited:
^ They didn't say much. Just said fractured leg. I'm curious if it's the same leg as last year or what? I would still like to go get Jacobs. Wilson is small and it would be nice to have a big back.

Fractures heal in about 4-6 weeks, barring nerve damage he should be back this season.

Tebow can put blessings on the Giants for allowing him to make the team.:lol:

Jacobs is beyond done dude, there are other backs available like Ringer, Benson, McGhee..... anyone but Beanie wells.

I can't stand Turner.

That was a nice, close INT from Prince. He is already developing into the teams best CB, rarely misses open field tackles despite these zone schemes.

I hope Cox pans out, he's been awesome on special teams.

Just catching up to the dvr, love the depth of this defensive line. Linebackers look better with each passing week, hopefully the trend continues.

man i heard about this fracture on my car ride back from the city. didn't even get to catch the game. that sucks

Isn't McGhee hurt? I hate Michael Turner, don't want him. I like Jacobs because he's a big guy and Wilson is so small. We need some size.

Torain is terrible

From what I read this morning the fracture isnt "complete" which means it isnt broken all the way through. If that is the case, 4-6 weeks to heal.

Good news, we have other backs on the team but Brown was good with 3rd and short situations since he is physical, not sure if Scott has that ability consistently (despite showing it a bit yesterday).

JPP and Cruz will be ready for the season opener.

Last edited:
With him out 4-6 weeks, I dont expect Reese to go out and bring someone in. There isnt any stout dominating defenses on the schedule for the first 8 weeks anyway.

With him out 4-6 weeks, I dont expect Reese to go out and bring someone in. There isnt any stout dominating defenses on the schedule for the first 8 weeks anyway.

Fair point, just hope all the WRs are on the same page, the offense the Giants run is very complex. They look unstoppable when everyone is in sync, and hard to watch when they are not.

after webster gets burned for a TD in week one they better insert TT at starting cb he is ready! already better than ross and webster on one leg
sucks about brown, giants have to be seriously worried they didnt trust wilson to block for the backup QB let alone eli in preseason
if they truly dont trust wilson to block on 3rd and long they need to be in shotgun and send everyone out to force teams to not blitz...

Giants have play makers all over the field on offense so they can be a very explosive team, regardless of the injuries the division is wide open. The key is having Nicks out there HEALTHY. Losing your best WR is always tough to overcome.

RG3's health is a major concern, Eagles have a college coach and an awful defense, and the Cowboys haven't had a winning season in 3 years. Giants have no one to blame but themselves if they can't capitalize on this easier schedule, they won 9 games last year with the most difficult one.

Webster has been good his whole career here and is coming of a rough year, TT will get some reps but he may get reps at safety (another injury prone guy). Webster should have a bounce back season. but at this point he isn't our best CB anymore, Prince is. Rolle is the anchor. Losing Stevie was a blow. :smh:

The defense begins and ends with the defensive line and the Giants have a lot of depth, something that wasn't the case last season. Linebackers have looked pretty decent also, I expect teams to test them out early.

Last edited:
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...d_overall.html

Excerpt: "Giants rookie running back Michael Cox carried the ball just 19 times at Michigan before being granted a special dispensation to use his final year of eligibility at UMass and he was the next-to-last player drafted – 253rd overall.

But he earned a spot on the Giants’ 53-man roster today. His speed and shiftiness as a running back and his special teams ability (seven kickoff returns for 205 yards -20.3-yard average) helped him make the grade.

The fracture leg suffered by running back Andre Brown, who is out four to six weeks, likely helped as well.

“He has demonstrated outstanding ability as a kick returner,” coach Tom Coughlin said. “We put him as a gunner and he was a good gunner. You send him down on kickoffs and he did a nice job with that." Read more...

Good for him, Ojomo was cut which was a surprise to me but what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom