Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Any advice for someone new to NB? Always admired from afar and looking to chill on J's for a while to grab the various runners I've been lusting over.

It's a slippery slope once you see the quality. Don't be discouraged by the shape of the newer models because they started putting this weird plastic piece in the toe that messes up the shape, but its pretty easy to fix. We'll help with that. It's getting harder to find the classics, so if you see something, jump. But don't pay top dollar resale, it's a non hype beast market, so they will not go for anything too crazy. New releases often end up sold at a much better price a couple of months after release. Some do go quickly, but it's pretty rare they are unattainable. The best advice I could give would be to hang around and converse, theres some really cool dudes in here!

Awesome. I already have my eyes on a few pairs I want to get my hands on. 997, 998, and 1500 seem to be the most popular models from what i've observed from a collab standpoint. There's a nice pair of 997's with a teal toe and camo tongue that I just ordered to be my first pair. Excited.

Hope you didn't get it from the site I posted earlier, ha! All joking aside that is a nice way to start. The 1600 997 and 998 were ones I started with, but the 1300 are one of my favorites. Theres also a 997.5 model which is a 997 upper on a 998 midsole I like a lot, too, but that's not one they do a lot. I'm inspired to do some digging now, thanks!

Oh yeah, the distance in quality between made in usa or UK and made in China is pretty far.

Actually, that’s something I’m extremely curious about that I can’t seem to find the answer for. What is the difference between the different locations of creation?

Also, I’ve only seen pairs stamped with either USA or England. Didn’t know there were China pairs as well.

Yeah, they dont brag about the made in China, but the made in usa or UK are higher quality materials, and to me, a lot more comfy. The price difference is pretty big, but well worth it. Best example would be either the 574 or the 997.5. If you had both the made in USA compared to the made in china, they look like totally different shoes.

Oh yeah, if you dont mind me asking, where and how much did you pick up the 997nm for? Asking for someone who was looking for a size 8.

today : 990sc4
25019493768_bd8bd2d620_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom