Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If I know it's going to be a crazy, like a lot of people there party, I won't wear anything nice. To me it's just worth it, but I like taking care of my shoes, like OCD take care of them. Ha. 

Well... I made the mistake and wore em to the bar(I don't drink and didn't know I was going there).  Had friends as well as young college kids stepping and spilling drinks on em(mostly my friends but lots of people stepping on them in a crowded bar).  I def said something to every fool(yes my friends are fools too!) and most gave me a look like "calm down old dude."  

I would have called a cab home if I had been wearing some serious heat before even going into the bar.

Last edited:
Well... I made the mistake and wore em to the bar(I don't drink and didn't know I was going there).  Had friends as well as young college kids stepping and spilling drinks on em(mostly my friends but lots of people stepping on them in a crowded bar).  I def said something to every fool(yes my friends are fools too!) and most gave me a look like "calm down old dude."  

I would have called a cab home if I had been wearing some serious heat before even going into the bar.
Exactly. I know most people would say "What's the point of having shoes if you aren't going to wear them?!" Which I get in a way, but I know I'm going to a situation where there's a large chance something might happen to me, best believe the Chucks are coming out that night. Ha. 

No need to double up with New Balance. They constantly release great models.
You're right about that

I need red 999 elites in an 11 can u guys point me in the right direction
kith still has some in your size
http://shop.kithnyc.com/

Exactly. I know most people would say "What's the point of having shoes if you aren't going to wear them?!" Which I get in a way, but I know I'm going to a situation where there's a large chance something might happen to me, best believe the Chucks are coming out that night. Ha. 
I feel the same way. I break out the Roshes though haha. They're easy to clean

:that cowboys blue
smokin.gif

Still waiting on shipping confirmation from zappos, ordered on the 28th and still nothing. I need em in my hands
It's crazy that Zappos still has these!  Let alone for $112 shipped!  I paid retail, and I'm happy with the pickup...  The Vibram sole is mad thick, and the suede upper is really nice.  Great pickup!

If I know it's going to be a crazy, like a lot of people there party, I won't wear anything nice. To me it's just worth it, but I like taking care of my shoes, like OCD take care of them. Ha. 
Kip, I feel the same way...I'm not OCD with taking care of my shoes, but you'll pretty much only see me in Vans if I'm at a packed party or bar.

Just picked up the 577FMN last week and broke em out to go to the store.  The interior on these are tuff!

Did a lace swap on both the 1300LG and 577FMN.  I'm digging both.  See what you think.

and I'm pretty sure I'm going to rock white laces with the cps. What y'all think?

Just picked up the 577FMN last week and broke em out to go to the store.  The interior on these are tuff!

Did a lace swap on both the 1300LG and 577FMN.  I'm digging both.  See what you think.

and I'm pretty sure I'm going to rock white laces with the cps. What y'all think?
I'm a fan of those laces on the 577s...but I think I'd stick with the red laces on the cps...I know the laces on the 1300bg are one of my favourite things about them...and it looks like those red ones are very similar in quality, for some reason the 1300er laces weren't the same though.

Yeah, I've noticed the difference in laces as well.  I'm about to order some from the main site.  I'm ordering Athletic Flats (which I think are the ones that seem lower quality) and some Flat Tubular laces (which I think are the better quality laces).  I'm not really sure if I'm correct but I'll let you know after they get here.

Ordered the NB flat tubular and they are pretty much the same as the dark pair that was in the 1300s. They are a little bit wider though i think. havent had the time to put them in yet

If you are in the NYC area a lot of shops still has the 999 elites in both colorway. I walked today around the SoHo area and David Z, Premium Laces and a few others had them

NB has the red and yellow YOTD in various sizes back on the website for $90.  Odd that I thought they retailed at $80 last year when they released.....

NB has the red and yellow YOTD in various sizes back on the website for $90.  Odd that I thought they retailed at $80 last year when they released.....
Only saw size 8 & 12. They also have the Yacht Club gray/green/blue. Karmaloop has a different Colorway.

Where do you wear your good shoes if not parties?
I wear my to class, going to breweries (to an extent), anywhere where I know where my feet won't get stepped on and chances of stains are minimal, I usually rock my beeswax clark boots with a swapped vibram sole, so comfortable

Back
Top Bottom