Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

not everybody feels the same way, i just feel that i rather put that money towards something that I feel is worth more, i could say i would rather spend 300 on a pair of airwalks if i was that into them and i bet i would see no quality difference between the three :rofl:
aka opinions my friend.

You are Nike's dream :x

Where did you read that number? It seems like these are pretty widely available.
http://nepenthesnewyork.blogspot.com/2012/10/in-stocknew-balance-990-ny-marathon.html
this is wear i read that 504 pairs number at

"Limited Quantities: The 990 NY Marathon Special is a limited release to NYC stores and only 504 pairs are available throughout the city."

But I see how this shoe is so widely available online it seems. Maybe cause no one is buying them.
I missed out on the restock online for the seals at concepts. I thought that online release was at 12. But I guess they released them earlier than that by 2 hours? man....
the nyc marathons from last year didn't sell that well either. i think they were just a basic taxi cab colorway of yellow and black on the 574 model. don't think anyone would have a problem finding them at or even below retail after all is said and done. the 2012 990s aren't that great so i can see why they'd sit a little.

The owner of Burn Rubber just told me they will be receiving the Salmon Soles. Watch out for them popping up at different shops soon. 

congrats to those who got seals. im working nights and slept til1130 and woke up for 12 release. oh well, guess im paying resell

congrats to those who got seals. im working nights and slept til1130 and woke up for 12 release. oh well, guess im paying resell
online release was at 10 a.m. and they did an unannounced restock at 11am. im sorry you couldnt get your pair bro.. wait a couple weeks and try ebay,. you should be able to scoop around the 250 mark.

You are Nike's dream :x

i knew someone would comment on this, but its not what i meant.

what im saying is, i don't the hype behind the "amazing" new balance quality, quite honestly i feel there is no quality difference between any of those shoes or maybe i just don't care. regardless, they are shoes, they are meant to get f***ed up.

now comfort is a difference story, if i had to choose one shoe to wear for the rest of my life, New Balance wins hands down.

Last edited:
wish you would have checked here. they restocked twice today. might not hurt to keep your eye on concept's website. you never know..

what im saying is, i don't the hype behind the "amazing" new balance quality, quite honestly i feel there is no quality difference between any of those shoes or maybe i just don't care. regardless, they are shoes, they are meant to get f***ed up.
now comfort is a difference story, if i had to choose one shoe to wear for the rest of my life, New Balance wins hands down.
and each to his own! 

This is turning into a pretty nice, informative thread. Lets keep it at that, guys. 

No need for arguing or anything like that. We all obviously like New Balance, for whatever reasons you have. So there's no need to argue over who's reason is right.

With that being said, if anybody gets any more information on the Salmon Soles, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post it. 
wink.gif

the nyc marathons from last year didn't sell that well either. i think they were just a basic taxi cab colorway of yellow and black on the 574 model. don't think anyone would have a problem finding them at or even below retail after all is said and done. the 2012 990s aren't that great so i can see why they'd sit a little.
that's true. last year's colorway wasn't all that. this year isn't a super hot colorway either but i really like them. but my favorite color is red, probably why. they are red and gold like the 49ers too. just the icing on the cake. 504 pairs is pretty limited. i'm just glad to have a pair. quality is amazing and love how the 990s feel. the 574 model is a nice casual shoe with a simple look but isn't build quite as well as any other model. 574 is possibly the cheapest pair made under new balance. i have a couple pairs of them cause i just like wearing them around.

$175 for the SEALS is a steal in my book. The quality is amazing, they are considered rare to me at least; wasn't really a general release. I pay more than that for used Jordans. 

No quality difference?!? My buddy had his Jordan III Black Cements that released last Thanksgiving for 3 months and they started cracking. He didn't even wear them everyday either. Let me know when a pair of your New Balance start cracking.

My NB Hanons are peeling on the soles. Never seen this before, let alone after 5 wears. But then again, maybe I walked on antifreeze:smile:

I've never heard of New Balance doing anything like that, but I'm sure now that we bring it up there will be incidents where it happens. Always seems to happen that way...

$175 for the SEALS is a steal in my book. The quality is amazing, they are considered rare to me at least; wasn't really a general release. I pay more than that for used Jordans. 
the quality is amazing.  it has microfiber stain resistant suede, which I can confirm to you is real deal. The suede is a light grey onthe toe-box and they still look clean. any dirt will come right off just by simply wiping it off with your hands.  material wise, its very innovative.  they use so many different kinds of materials throughout the shoe. everything from the  nylon mesh tongue, to the super soft suede on the label, to hints throughout the shoe, like the outter and inside new balance N logos on the the shoes.  when I first saw them, I loved them.  Any New Balance release by Concepts is a rare find.  Just be blessed they restocked them 3-4 times now.  But they will go quick and will be hard to find. Youll be lucky if you see even a pair on ebay a year from now.. Much alike they holy grail Kennedy's, release they did last year.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom