Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Took a forum member's advice and bought 3 Jcrew camo 997s and one barely made the cut. NB definitely cut down on the suede thickness since the butterscotch days. This downgrade attributes to more toe bumps, uneven suede thickness and a nappier heel. There are some exceptions but overall, I'm not feeling this lower quality and poorer workmanship trend from NB.

Last edited:
If you showed his photo to 99.9% of the people on the planet their response would be along the lines of...."yeah so?" or "and?" LOL!

Clearly this is an issue of some and just lurking on the back pages of the AM topic I can see that there is a segment of the sneaker lover community that this matters MUCHO.

IMO...You can't let the small things bother you in life. The NB1 with suede lets me make dope kicks how I want them. I now look at a GR and think....nawh with a code I can make MY shoe for $175ish or less. A dope pair of shoes makes a guy/gal feel like a million bucks!! When you get that "hey nice sneakers!" from a random person...is there a better feeling? NOBODY in the "real world" is EVER going to say...oh man that puff toe is horrible! hahahah!!

True Story: I was meeting some homies for lunch in Boston and some HS kids were waiting to cross the street, the usual Jordan 13s, 8s, a few girls with AF1 and NMD. I had my purple Cuban Linx NB! and one of the girls pointed out my kicks and one kid wanted to check out the material and ducked down to feel the finery of the fabric! hahahah!! The best part? The best part 100%...one of the kids asked me which HS I went to and if I knew some random Asian kid form his school that rocks NB too!! I'm almost 40!!!

It made my day!!!

I know different strokes for different folks. Again only my thoughts.

Definitely different strokes for you and I. I'm not worried about 99.9% of the people, their opinion or strangers commenting on my shoes. I'm more concerned about the money I'm spending on a product that no longer meets the quality standards of 5+ years ago. NB USA has taken a poor turn with their product and I'll continue to hold out until they can get it sorted. The only current miUSA product I've purchased this year has been 995's and even those (a recently retro'd model) took three different pairs to get a halfway decent match.

Last edited:
Has anyone in here purchased the miUSA 999? I remember Moshe posting those initial photos of the store employee rocking them and they looked good. Haven’t seen in person though.

Has anyone in here purchased the miUSA 999? I remember Moshe posting those initial photos of the store employee rocking them and they looked good. Haven’t seen in person though.
Kennedys? Debuting early November at complexcon (or 400 now on eBay). If quality is solid, I'm ready to pay hmmm retail.

Last edited:
m576hba today
DSC02721.JPG

damn .. best 997 for 2017 (pic from bay) ....but qc meh
s-l1600.jpg

IMO the best 997 GR for 2017 has to be css or csu. Including collabs Stance hands down. I do want those too but at my price.

If you're talking about the gray one I grabbed a pair. Pretty decent pair especially when compared to its miASIA cousins.

Attachments

• 20171028_110030_HDR.jpg
    20171028_110030_HDR.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20171028_110642_HDR.jpg
    20171028_110642_HDR.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171028_110046_HDR.jpg
    20171028_110046_HDR.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171028_105819_HDR.jpg
    20171028_105819_HDR.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 21
it started with the patta karhus actually, somehow ended up looking really similar to his now that i look at it, but the details on his bespoke 997s are just insane
Ahh nice, I remember playing around with his colorway on NB1 when I first saw them
They are insane though, that N logo that's just a punched out outline is wild

Its not just the small things, its the fact NB has significantly cut back on their quality control, quality and have jacked up the price of their MiUSA. The shape and toe puff is clearly an issue that can be solved as we've seen the UK team take charge of this issue and correct it. The fact is the NB has repeatedly ignored this issue and it has gotten worse and worse over the past few years isn't okay. I understand its a business but to let problems get worse and worse year over year without taking any control and jacking up the price of the product is not okay. Because of this I have spent more money on Adidas in the past year then I have ij my whole life. In fact I think I have purchased a pair of sneakers from every brand except NB and I know I'm not the only person put a hold on NB purchases. For me when what I loved about NB when I got into sneakers is that they seemed to genuinely care about the consumers and they made quality products made in the US . Every year the quality drops and they seem to care less and less about the consumers. It's not even like they are putting a lot of R&D into their new products.

Fair and reasonable. All very valid points homie! Save the "Keep jacking the price" that is called life! Everybody and EVERYTHING is getting more expensive not just NB sneakers! hahahaha!!

Shape focus is up the the individual and I guess most everything in life is the much the same. You decide where and what to spend your loot on.That being said I am going to have to disagree MIUSA: Stance 997, J Crew Cortado 997, 997CSU, 997CSS and other than my Super Green inspired NB1 x 998 have been amazing. Even stitching, quality materials, dope color ways, design, and IMO the most important the comfort is equal or better than my UB or NMD. The quality of the last 4 NB1 I made has thumped any Asic or Adidas I have gotten in the last two years. Buttery and passes the color change/brushed grain test with pocket aces!

I must admit I love the lack of hype NB carries. It real love vs love of the hype. Even the "Factory Second" scores still have better quality than most the Asian made stuff I have. PLUS 70% made in the USA means my bucks help people in New England and all over America put food on the table. Not to wax to poetic or nostalgic but it's true.

So what's is the deal with this 8000 points redeem? Do I get a free pair of 300's? (Can't call NB.com and ask rn since it's the weekend.) If it legit and I get a free pair of 300! :pimp:

I've been hoping since I started getting hard into trying to make every new sole on NB1 998 program if my points would actually have benefits with special discount promo codes & free pairs of NB1's with my NB points. If so it give me the feeling hitting a mini jackpot. (Like the daunting arcade games at Chuckie Cheese that looked like this.)

348s.jpg

But pay outs like this..

b358f650aaa7be9740896bb9624d8b90--chuck-e-cheese-pure-joy.jpg

I hope that is the case with these NB points. If not then it's really just kind of pointless as a reward program. I will say though the NB1 program is my favorite custom/ID/bespoke out. Nike take too long to make and ship. (And suspect labor practices)

If I can make a free pair of 300 NB1 I will probably make these ones.

IMG_20171028_101238_552.jpg

Last edited:
2D153028-8B55-4C07-9183-BF9CD52333AE.png
5D7990E3-FAF0-41CE-8742-E7384A8D3C61.jpeg
Copped some 1500gyb’s at the outlet today for £54 :smile:. There was also a pair of fresh foam ‘paradox’ boots in my size (us10). Hadn’t come across those before. They have Gore Tex so a good option for winter if you live in an area where it rains a lot!

So what's is the deal with this 8000 points redeem? Do I get a free pair of 300's? (Can't call NB.com and ask rn since it's the weekend.) If it legit and I get a free pair of 300! :pimp:

I've been hoping since I started getting hard into trying to make every new sole on NB1 998 program if my points would actually have benefits with special discount promo codes & free pairs of NB1's with my NB points. If so it give me the feeling hitting a mini jackpot. (Like the daunting arcade games at Chuckie Cheese that looked like this.)

348s.jpg

But pay outs like this..

I hope that is the case with these NB points. If not then it's really just kind of pointless as a reward program. I will say though the NB1 program is my favorite custom/ID/bespoke out. Nike take too long to make and ship. (And suspect labor practices)

My two most recent NB1ers! The Angora cream looks different from shoe to shoe yes? Or that just me?

Agreed that the NB1 points offerings are crap! The took down the 20$ off option too! You cant stack the $10/$20 off with another code. Sucks!
IMAG6264.jpg
IMAG6275.jpg

This pair is dedicated to my Grandma who passed away earlier this month. She lived to be 89 years awesome and went out drinking, smoking, gambling, and eating fried awesome foods...on her terms! Gangstarr by definition! Gone but never forgotten.

Colors used: Tiger Eye, Angora cream, Military grey, Varsity Red, Nimbus cloud laces, Castle rock plastic hits, and Sea spray for lettering.

348s.jpg

But pay outs like this..

Check the NB rewards page after you log in it's there. It said it's limited but who knows what that means these days. Says till nov3rd. Also I don't think it mentioned it has to be a 300 specifically

Back
Top Bottom