Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

:nerd::lol:
:lol: I used to have like 60,000 points but some of the points expired.

Capture.PNG

Still, Plenty of points left.:lol:

Anyone in Boston/MA wanna go halfsies on Concepts for their Oct 30 sale? I can't justify paying $15 for shipping when their shipping warehouse is 40 minutes from Boston in Rhode Island. $250+ gets free shipping. Somebody in here must be eyeing those 990v4s as I am :smile:

Really liking these. So how does this model fit? I've never tried it before

Go with your normal NB size, if I were you. I've tried on multiple 574 sports. Because of the bootie/slip on construction and the materials they tend to fit a tiny bit more snug than say my 998s or 1300s- they feel more similar in fit to my 997s or 1500s. Either way, I tried on my size 11.5 which is the size I get for most miUK and miUSA NBs and the 574 Sports were super duper comfy and similar in sizing.

If you showed his photo to 99.9% of the people on the planet their response would be along the lines of...."yeah so?" or "and?" LOL!

Clearly this is an issue of some and just lurking on the back pages of the AM topic I can see that there is a segment of the sneaker lover community that this matters MUCHO.

IMO...You can't let the small things bother you in life. The NB1 with suede lets me make dope kicks how I want them. I now look at a GR and think....nawh with a code I can make MY shoe for $175ish or less. A dope pair of shoes makes a guy/gal feel like a million bucks!! When you get that "hey nice sneakers!" from a random person...is there a better feeling? NOBODY in the "real world" is EVER going to say...oh man that puff toe is horrible! hahahah!!

True Story: I was meeting some homies for lunch in Boston and some HS kids were waiting to cross the street, the usual Jordan 13s, 8s, a few girls with AF1 and NMD. I had my purple Cuban Linx NB! and one of the girls pointed out my kicks and one kid wanted to check out the material and ducked down to feel the finery of the fabric! hahahah!! The best part? The best part 100%...one of the kids asked me which HS I went to and if I knew some random Asian kid form his school that rocks NB too!! I'm almost 40!!!

It made my day!!!

I know different strokes for different folks. Again only my thoughts.

Its not just the small things, its the fact NB has significantly cut back on their quality control, quality and have jacked up the price of their MiUSA. The shape and toe puff is clearly an issue that can be solved as we've seen the UK team take charge of this issue and correct it. The fact is the NB has repeatedly ignored this issue and it has gotten worse and worse over the past few years isn't okay. I understand its a business but to let problems get worse and worse year over year without taking any control and jacking up the price of the product is not okay. Because of this I have spent more money on Adidas in the past year then I have ij my whole life. In fact I think I have purchased a pair of sneakers from every brand except NB and I know I'm not the only person put a hold on NB purchases. For me when what I loved about NB when I got into sneakers is that they seemed to genuinely care about the consumers and they made quality products made in the US . Every year the quality drops and they seem to care less and less about the consumers. It's not even like they are putting a lot of R&D into their new products.

Its not just the small things, its the fact NB has significantly cut back on their quality control, quality and have jacked up the price of their MiUSA. The shape and toe puff is clearly an issue that can be solved as we've seen the UK team take charge of this issue and correct it. The fact is the NB has repeatedly ignored this issue and it has gotten worse and worse over the past few years isn't okay. I understand its a business but to let problems get worse and worse year over year without taking any control and jacking up the price of the product is not okay. Because of this I have spent more money on Adidas in the past year then I have ij my whole life. In fact I think I have purchased a pair of sneakers from every brand except NB and I know I'm not the only person put a hold on NB purchases. For me when what I loved about NB when I got into sneakers is that they seemed to genuinely care about the consumers and they made quality products made in the US . Every year the quality drops and they seem to care less and less about the consumers. It's not even like they are putting a lot of R&D into their new products.

This is exactly why I quit buying Nikes.

Bottom line nb quality control is straight garbage. Made in uk, USA or Asia. Doesn’t matter where. I just bought 3 pairs of the same shoe because that’s how I gotta do with nb today. Not one pair passed my inspection. TRASHHHHHHH

And this is why 99.999 percent of the time we need heavy discounts in order to cop NBs. Limits the risk in getting a crappy pair. Shame on nb

Bottom line nb quality control is straight garbage. Made in uk, USA or Asia. Doesn’t matter where. I just bought 3 pairs of the same shoe because that’s how I gotta do with nb today. Not one pair passed my inspection. TRASHHHHHHH

1500 have improved significantly. They fix it they are just getting to greedy.

Be careful with this lol. I got "banned" from NB.com, they revoked my return privileges, told me to pay for my own returns lmao

Well in my case it was for the free returns, doing what you did and swapping for the best pair. Price didn't matter. Hardly any of these boutiques offer free returns.

Dang! How did that happen? Elaborate on the series of unfortunate events...​
Not much of a story. I tried printing a label through the website for return one day and it didn't work.

I think I called too and they said they can't return on their dime. Bought my own label and used paypal return to recoup some cost and that's that. I think it was for the 990bta2

Well in my case it was for the free returns, doing what you did and swapping for the best pair. Price didn't matter. Hardly any of these boutiques offer free returns.

No way... I have done this a bunch of times and secretly wondered if they would ever catch on. I guess the answer is yes. That absolutely blows.

No way... I have done this a bunch of times and secretly wondered if they would ever catch on. I guess the answer is yes. That absolutely blows.

I guess you can argue it's not moral or ethical to buy with the intent of returning.. but if they're touting MiUSA and quality this and quality that. I expect ducking quality esp on $300-400 horween pairs

Back
Top Bottom