Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Its around 2k but it only counts the purchase amount after the 40% off so buying 2k worth of stuff after getting 40 percent off is a good deal of money lol. Not to mention outlets prices are usually cheaper than regular retail price. 
Yea that is a lot of money to spend at discounted prices, especially because so far there's only been about $200 of purchases under his account. So that leaves even more room in December, when the disco is 60%. Definitely could get off about 20 pairs or so of NB1's. Only 1 or two pairs of shoes on their site that i want, most of it will be spent on NB1 stuff. I have some 998 NB1s, need to try a 574 with the discount. I wish they would restock the 1500SP on NB.com in my size...would love that pair on discount. 
ya im kind of mad there aren't any 13's cause I really want the 1500BY but what I hate is most of the Q1 17 styles wont release until after Christmas and there are some really cool colorways in most of our fav models coming out. There's also a non made in USA model called 247 that will release in engineered mesh and a bunch of colors and its prob the best casual lifestyle that isn't suede I have ever seen from NB. Also they are going to release the 530 with Revlite dropping the Encap which made it wayyyy to heavy and I think it will be much more popular. 995's are also going to release, made in USA. They are also dropping some USA clothing pieces not sure how those will play out though. 

I've been roaming the streets of Japan in 3 different cities Tokyo, Kyoto and Kanazawa. All had different environments but the one thing that's constant is the cold (high 40's to low 50's) and the damp fall weather brings lots of puddling on the sidewalks. I have to say, the M998DPHO Ash are the f-ing beautiful despite the variable cold and wet weather. The nubuck.. man it's been holding up great with little to no scuffing and cracking. After a couple minutes with a pig hair brush, they look good as new. Ash's been keeping my feet warm and walking 3~10 mile days just sightseeing and walking though the city has been a treat in these kicks.

A pair of DPHO's go for (28,800Y $280 USD) at the Harajuku New Balance flagship store. They've been sold out since the first week of opening (11/8)

I can't praise this pair enough. It's not just a gorgeous overhyped 998 GR color way, i'm thoroughly satisfied with this shoe. 

Last edited:
ya im kind of mad there aren't any 13's cause I really want the 1500BY but what I hate is most of the Q1 17 styles wont release until after Christmas and there are some really cool colorways in most of our fav models coming out. There's also a non made in USA model called 247 that will release in engineered mesh and a bunch of colors and its prob the best casual lifestyle that isn't suede I have ever seen from NB. Also they are going to release the 530 with Revlite dropping the Encap which made it wayyyy to heavy and I think it will be much more popular. 995's are also going to release, made in USA. They are also dropping some USA clothing pieces not sure how those will play out though. 

Really looking forward to this if it happens.

Always wanted a pair. They're a perfect blend of the 990 and 996.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/7E9D0457-4159-44D8-8693-984F2561BDE1.png.html

Went on NB1 and it did not let me do the Camo. Upset but maybe this will mean perf suede or nebuck or leather premium upgrade?

Last couple wears...

I've got a question for all you NB heads out there. How do they hold up over time? I'm strictly about the AM90's with a few BW's and Air Trainers. But I've spent a small fortune on old 90s. The problem with collecting old air max is that they crumble to dust! It can get old to watch your hard earned money slowly crumble away? I've had some Soleswaped and Resto'd, but it's getting old. Anyway i was just trying to get a feel if other brand runners had the same problem or to what extent?

Imo nb puts out a more comfortable, higher quality product than nike. It does show in the msrp, but they will quickly get you switching over. I love 90's and 1's, but once you pop, its hard to stop. I have some older ones that have held up fine, like 10 to 12 years, but they are perishible goods, made of roughly the same materials in the midsole, which is where my older and even newer 90's issues lie. I do see a little fade in the paint, kind of how 1's fade and start to yellow or look dirty, and I do have some that are cracking, but with heavy milage on them. That being said, get em, nb is dope, itll be interesting to see you add on to this thread too!

Last edited:
Imo nb puts out a more comfortable, higher quality product than nike. It does show in the msrp, but they will quickly get you switching over. I love 90's and 1's, but once you pop, its hard to stop. I have some older ones that have held up fine, like 10 to 12 years, but they are perishible goods, made of roughly the same materials in the midsole, which is where my older and even newer 90's issues lie. I do see a little fade in the paint, kind of how 1's fade and start to yellow or look dirty, and I do have some that are cracking, but with heavy milage on them. That being said, get em, nb is dope, itll be interesting to see you add on to this thread too!
Thanks for the response man. Just doing a little research at this point. I absolutely love the current runner game as a whole. It's crazy lit right now for runners. I'm either really brand loyal or just stubborn, probably a little bit of both.

I've got a question for all you NB heads out there. How do they hold up over time? I'm strictly about the AM90's with a few BW's and Air Trainers. But I've spent a small fortune on old 90s. The problem with collecting old air max is that they crumble to dust! It can get old to watch your hard earned money slowly crumble away? I've had some Soleswaped and Resto'd, but it's getting old. Anyway i was just trying to get a feel if other brand runners had the same problem or to what extent?
I've seen plenty of old NB midsoles crumble with time- it's just not as common because New Balance in some ways fulfills a niche market and has nowhere near the popularity of Nike (although European sneakerheads might beg to differ).

Even so, I agree that you ought to give New Balance models a try, specifically their flagship made in USA 997/998 models. The recent made in UK 1500 reissues are also solid as well. Having worn Nike/Jordan exclusively before discovering NB, I personally find both the quality and comfort level much higher than the more popular brands (like Nike and Adidas). Give them a try- you'll regret not discovering it sooner for sure!

Aesthetics aside, there is NO comparison in quality between NB and Nike/ Adidas IMO. You can tell without even seeing the shoe in hand that the quality is on point and in recent times I can't see myself buying a Nike shoe unless it's for basketball (I currently wear kyrie 2's). NB all day.

I was stuck on all and any air max for years, and only had a few different pairs of nb. My love for 1's, 90's, and pluses was blinding, until I came across some steals, and decided to give it a jump (shout out to the homie bigstress). I find myself now being locked in to the hunt for nb, with an occasional 1 thrown in. I took some am1 flyknit and the 997jnb on my last trip to disneyland and fell in love comfort wise. I stylistically always liked the model, but they were just as comfy as the flyknit. And those flyknit are the comfiest nike out imo. But that suede though. Id take one pair of gr nb over two pairs of gr nike anyday.

most of my NB's from the 90's aren't wearable anymore. anything from around 1998 up to now is still wearable. only thing pre 1998 in NB that still wears perfectly solid is my 496 that i got in 1994 and a few pairs of 574. Most of my asics from the 90's are not wearable but my Asics from around 2002 up to now are fine. as for Saucony, they're kinda like my NB's.  i have a few from around 98/99 that are still wearable.  I didn't get into Adidas runners until the early 00's but those are all fine. the last time i bought a Nike was in 1994 so i can't offer any sort of comparison with that. 

Really looking forward to this if it happens.

Always wanted a pair. They're a perfect blend of the 990 and 996.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/7E9D0457-4159-44D8-8693-984F2561BDE1.png.html

995 is dropping early 2017
Yup ill get a more exact date when I talk to my buddy this weekend pretty sure the colors are beige with other accents, black and navy or burgundy maybe. They look pretty accurate compared to the ones from the 80's. 

995 reminds me a lot of that made in U.K. Reissue they just released. 770 or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom