Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

They're alright. I think a couple more hits of color would make them more appealing. Maybe the N logo outline in light navy and a cream midsole(kind of like c-notes but lighter).

Really? They look pretty nice to me, and even better knowing there is no contrast stitching on the toe. I aint getting them though...
    The colors are decent.  I think the shoe in that picture looks really small to me (maybe because i'm a 12) so it looks short/awkward.  That said, i'd probably do another NB1 custom before picking those up.  Not a terrible shoe, but really a must have either.  Of course, Kith filters might change my mind lol

these sht on RFs
roll.gif
can we get some outdoor lighting shots?  that asteroid is the heel wrap?

as for RFs, those unfiltered pics are 100x nicer than kith filter.. will cop under 200 (which will not happen)
  Thanks...yeah, the heel is asteroid along with the N logo and front 3M. Hard to tell but the saddle is actually Navy with the mesh and tongue being black.  

will probably take some shots this weekend since it'll be nice out.

I don't understand what is wrong with simple collabs. Does every collab have to look like a rainbow with a different color for every area of the shoe? 
RE: collabs,  i guess just expect 'more'.  you have access to all of NB's various materials, color palette and most favored silhouettes and this particular pair comes off a little lazy.  No need to be rainbow colored, but additional details would be nice.  Subtle variances in colors or materials suit me fine.  I'm too old to wear loud stuff anyways.

That said, I think all 6 of my custom NBs are better than the RF998, based on what we've seen so far..

I love the collab, the colors, the simplicity, but the price is ridiculous. That alone is keeping me away. I can do SO MUCH MORE with that cash. Like Jcrew Nighthawks.

Those RFs are basic. If it didn't have his name on it they'd be GRs and you'd be able to get them on discount. :lol:

I read somewhere that like the Clark Kent 998's, Ronnie was limited to a Friends and Family NB1 Palette and materials...

hey guys,

I saw solestop.com had m997NV last night and 3 hours later they were already sold out.. is this a popular colorway or something? I saw none of us post about it just curious I really liked it but I can't even find it for a affordable price anymore.

hey guys,

I saw solestop.com had m997NV last night and 3 hours later they were already sold out.. is this a popular colorway or something? I saw none of us post about it just curious I really liked it but I can't even find it for a affordable price anymore.
They are at outlets at the moment.

I like the RF 998s but think they'd be really good if they had either navy or black on the section under the ball of the foot. Price will decide if I get these or not. 

Got my NB1's in today. Used a $25 coupon code and 20% ebates= 32.99, came out to around $132 :smokin

all colors are olive and earth, sorry i dont have great lighting haha. all taken with flash except for the last one, tried to get the olive in some light

First they made a little personal touch that didnt come with my first NB1 haha

Last edited:
Got my NB1's in today

all colors are olive and earth, sorry i dont have great lighting haha. all taken with flash except for the last one, tried to get the olive in some light
Nice pair man. Been trying to make a pair with olive. How do you like it in person?

Nice 998s -- hey sorry everyone to blast in like this, I'm new to the site and obviously thread and not sure of the protocol but it's like this -- I'm desperate for a pair of the j crew/new balance 1400s in the black/orange colorway from a couple years ago, size 8. Thought maybe someone on this thread has a pair they don't wear anymore they'd be willing to sell? They were my favorite sneakers and I wore them completely out. They're grails for me, if anyone can help or point me in a better direction to make this post, I would be super grateful. Thank you!

They are at outlets at the moment.
Are the outlets the regular new balance stores? I'm in connecticut.. not sure where the outlets are I know there are two NB stores nearby but I feel like they only sell the actual running gear.

Really looking to get a pair of 997NV

Are the outlets the regular new balance stores? I'm in connecticut.. not sure where the outlets are I know there are two NB stores nearby but I feel like they only sell the actual running gear.

Really looking to get a pair of 997NV

They're different. Google new balance outlet locations. I know there are some in the Boston area.

Back
Top Bottom