Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

noticed the ultramarine 998 from j crew are 130 now.  when were the night hawks supposed to release?
Wow tempted by the ultramarines. Buying too much lately.

Does no one really like them? I never hear anything about them or see any pics of them.

Also, anyone get shaggy suede on their premiers? The toebox of one of my shoes is noticeably shaggier than the other.

Can anyone who has purchased the Horween 998 chime in on sizing?  Do they run like other 998s, that is .5 down from TTS?  For some reason they look like they would fit tighter.  

I recently received the mid century modern 998 - really disappointed. The toe box material just ruins them for me.  Plus they fit tighter than other 998s IMO.

Does no one really like them? I never hear anything about them or see any pics of them.

Also, anyone get shaggy suede on their premiers? The toebox of one of my shoes is noticeably shaggier than the other.

Hold on the ultramaries! J crew is famous for the extra percentage off code on sale stuff like every week. I wouldn't jump until you see that (IMHO). As far as why no talk about them. when they first dropped they just didn't blow anybody away. I think this was on the heels of the Independence days and Infernos. In addition to that when they dropped the pebble blues were still on the site. So they just were meh to alot of people. I dunno a nice shoe definitely but doesn't seem to blow peoples doors off so to speak.

Hold on the ultramaries! J crew is famous for the extra percentage off code on sale stuff like every week. I wouldn't jump until you see that (IMHO). As far as why no talk about them. when they first dropped they just didn't blow anybody away. I think this was on the heels of the Independence days and Infernos. In addition to that when they dropped the pebble blues were still on the site. So they just were meh to alot of people. I dunno a nice shoe definitely but doesn't seem to blow peoples doors off so to speak.
Yeah I totally understand. Definitely not a pebble blue but still a nice cw. I'll hold out longer and see how low they go. Not really worried about missing out on them so I can hold out for some time.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but if you buy from JCrew, and they release an applicable coupon within a week after your purchase, they'll honor the coupon and refund part of your initial purchase. Just gotta call em

I got the New Balance x Mita fresh foam 574's yesterday....They are the perfect stylish beater shoe.  Had to go out and double up in a half size bigger.  Got an extra pair in size 10.5 if anyone needs one. 

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but if you buy from JCrew, and they release an applicable coupon within a week after your purchase, they'll honor the coupon and refund part of your initial purchase. Just gotta call em
A lot of times those coupons don't apply to New Balance...not 100% certain tho.

I have Ultramarines and love them. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. As usual, they look 10 times better in person than in the crappy J Crew pics.

You are correct, 99% of the time they don't apply.
Yeah I wasn't saying every Jcrew coupon code works on NBs lol, was just saying when they do, this applies. Like when I bought Pebble Blues for $120 and they dropped to $75 the next week, this is what I did.

Office carpet Thursday?

I forget how nice these are.

Is there any chance of grabbing the 998 Hilltop Blues for retail anywhere? Or has that ship sailed? Any info is appreciated!

nthat.gif
 repped

Side note: aren't you a lawyer? Lawyers wear jeans to the office? 
laugh.gif
. I guess I always stereotyped lawyers in suits all day errday. 
HA! I am, but I am a plaintiff's lawyer (labor /employment class actions) and mainly defense firms require suits everyday--but even some defense firms have done away with it. Of course when I am in court I'll wear a suit, but I always stop off at home to change after. I pretty much wear jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt everyday to work. Good times.

Always think it's funny when resellers have the balls to charge above retail for an item so readily available lol.
I am not defending nor condoning resellers but I always blame the buyer in this case, man.  It's all about information.  No one is forcing the buyer to buy anything over retail.  It's been said plenty of times that we all get mad at resellers, and I'm guilty of this also so dont take it personally, but we should be mad at ourselves for paying what they sell for after we strike out. If we all stop paying over retail, secondary market wouldn't exist.

I am not defending nor condoning resellers but I always blame the buyer in this case, man.  It's all about information.  No one is forcing the buyer to buy anything over retail.  It's been said plenty of times that we all get mad at resellers, and I'm guilty of this also so dont take it personally, but we should be mad at ourselves for paying what they sell for after we strike out. If we all stop paying over retail, secondary market wouldn't exist.

This. Preach, brother.

Cool story bro :lol:

Back
Top Bottom