Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Been going overboard on NB lately. Just pulled the trigger on 997DTE on bait for 139. 4 pairs in transit. I have got to chill out.

Been going overboard on NB lately. Just pulled the trigger on 997DTE on bait for 139. 4 pairs in transit. I have got to chill out.
Good grab.  I scooped those from PYS during their 35% off Veteran's Day sale.  Best 997 imo.  

Anyhow...all these spots, with all of these discount codes and I still can't catch a break on the Social Status 1600's.  Got excited there for a second when I saw Feature was having a sale only to find they don't have the SS1600's up and before that it was Bait, but they excluded them from their on-going promotion.  
mean.gif
  I've been telling myself...sale or no sale...the "winter in the hamptons" will be my last pair of the year, however, this continual onslaught of sale adverts is not making it easy to resist out-of-the-blue impulse buys.  Ever since that fateful Vet Day sale...and some dozen pairs later...the struggle has been REAL to thwart temptation!  

Last edited:
Good grab.  I scooped those from PYS during their 35% off Veteran's Day sale.  Best 997 imo.  

Anyhow...all these spots, with all of these discount codes and I still can't catch a break on the Social Status 1600's.  Got excited there for a second when I saw Feature was having a sale only to find they don't have the SS1600's up and before that it was Bait, but they excluded them from their on-going promotion.  :smh:   I've been telling myself...sale or no sale...the "winter in the hamptons" will be my last pair of the year, however, this continual onslaught of sale adverts is not making it easy to resist out-of-the-blue impulse buys.  Ever since that fateful Vet Day sale...and some dozen pairs later...the struggle has been REAL to thwart temptation!  

Their site still got almost w full size run

http://www.socialstatuspgh.com/prod...tus-winter-in-the-hamptons?variant=1007983321

Last edited:
How do 580s fit?? Also does anyone have link or guide to the all brown 997 frkm the author pack I believe for below retail?

For anybody that missed the Starcows, it looks like they are available from Feature LV in sizes 10-13 for both pairs with the exclusion of size 12 for the greens.

How do 580s fit?? Also does anyone have link or guide to the all brown 997 frkm the author pack I believe for below retail?

Feature LV has a FSR at retail.

Use code "CHRISTMAS" for 30% off. Brings them to $182 excluding shipping.

Why is it only collabs? Beyond maybe Starcows, my Top 10 NB's for the year would all be GR's.

All these lists are collab heavy which is unfortunate. Because really NB and Saucony this year had crazy strong GR releases. In NB I see 3 maybe 4 collabs on the list. The rest GR's IMHO. NT really needs to gets polls going for each brand so members with 300 + comments so we can really get a picture what the community likes (well at least the NT community) . Heck I would like to see what our distinguished members in each major threads list would be. We pick 10 to 20 guys active in the thread and that have really contributed. I mean we all know some of the tops guys are in here. They get together and make a list. It's all fun and there would still be spirited debate. But I trust the guys in here more than these blogs to come of with a list of top sneakers of the year. Sorry about rambling..lol

I've been compiling my own Top 50 (across all brands) list of 2014 and I caught myself getting a little collab heavy. Just based on my NB rankings though, my top 10 for the year would look something like this:

1. 997PR
2. 997GY
3. J. Crew x 998 "Independence Day"
4. Capsule x MT580
5. 998LL
6. Wings & Horns x 580
7. 997DBR
8. P740 (all colors really, the recent UNC ones are really nice)
9. 990CBO
10. J. Crew x 998 "Inferno"

997s killed it this year. I'm sure plenty would disagree with my list but it's all subjective and it's fun to look back at the year. As you can tell I have a 997/998 bias lol.

Curious to see some other people's top 10 NBs for the year.

I am pretty torn now!! After missing out on the W+H - (congrats to all those who copped) I have narrowed my NB list down to 3 for tomorrow's price drops. Either Regattas, Grey Star Cows, or Social Status 1600's - anyone have an opinion? 

@Tbrights  if I had to choose i'd probably go for the regattas. Purely based on process of elimination though, not a fan of any of them. lol

I'm currently considering grabbing the deconstructed 996s. Anyone who has seen them in person care to comment about them?

@Tbrights  if I had to choose i'd probably go for the regattas. Purely based on process of elimination though, not a fan of any of them. lol

I'm currently considering grabbing the deconstructed 996s. Anyone who has seen them in person care to comment about them?
That is what my lady is leaning to as well - you know how that goes haha! Any one else?! Thanks! -- I have seen the deconstructed 996 in the olive colour way. Similar to a roshe to be honest, the feeling of the suede/leather is great!! Didn't try them on however. 

I am pretty torn now!! After missing out on the W+H - (congrats to all those who copped) I have narrowed my NB list down to 3 for tomorrow's price drops. Either Regattas, Grey Star Cows, or Social Status 1600's - anyone have an opinion? 

These price drops you speak of, where would this be if you don't mind sharing?

Late pictures. Got these the 9th; never got around to uploading the pics. for christmas i got jordan 1 legend blues but thats for another thread lol

Back
Top Bottom