Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... The big piece is if Andrew is willing to sign an extension with Orlando ..... He says yes, this trade goes down ..... I hope it doesn't though :lol:

why do pistons gotta suck? i always want to go but none of my friends want to go because they are always losing.
doesnt matter to me, i love the game but can never go :frown:

At least you don't have to drive 150 + miles to the nearest NBA city :smh:

:lol: So they had a meeting, Dwight reiterated that he wants/expects one of two scenarios that it has become increasingly obvious Orlando has no interest in, or he'll leave after the season...

So why did we need to have this meeting?

Dwight has warned Houston not to trade for him.. If they do... He will leave to the Mavs in the offseason..

Houston phones ringing for Bynum :rofl:

:lol: So they had a meeting, Dwight reiterated that he wants/expects one of two scenarios that it has become increasingly obvious Orlando has no interest in, or he'll leave after the season...
So why did we need to have this meeting?

Hennigan is dumb, and thought if they have a convo he convince him to stay... Part of the report was Hennigan didn't know what to make of what he was told :lol: Only an idiot would not know how to react to this meeting, and Hennigan seems to be that guy.

Hennigan is dumb, and thought if they have a convo he convince him to stay... Part of the report was Hennigan didn't know what to make of what he was told :lol: Only an idiot would not know how to react to this meeting, and Hennigan seems to be that guy.

my man was prob at the meeting like

:rolleyes :rolleyes i guess he is gonna leave that 28 milli on the table like alot of you were saying he wouldnt....

Trade for Dwight anyway, Morey. Houston is the key to get Dwight to LA. Can't tell me AV is a legit trade piece. Does Hennigan finally want to settle for Brook come Jan and create another super team in the East? Give in and hook Dwight up? I doubt it. Trade him to Houston. Just don't give up too much. And then call his bluff at the end of the season. I mean, Orlando can ask for the world, but they're not getting the world in any trade. Dwight Howard starting the season as a Magic is an ultimate fail. As we see, the offers just get worse and worse.

He won't leave anything on the table. When he leaves he's still going somewhere he can get the max. And Orlando will S&T for the trade exemption... He won't have to walk away from anything. None of these guys ever do.

He won't leave anything on the table. When he leaves he's still going somewhere he can get the max. And Orlando will S&T for the trade exemption... He won't have to walk away from anything. None of these guys ever do.

nah i know i was being sarcastic :lol:

True. Also probably called Josh Smith and said summer 2013. Meet me in Dallas.

Chris Mannix: There is a strong push coming from Howard's camp to deal the disgruntled center to the Lakers. Viewed as only realistic possibility. Twitter

True. Also probably called Josh Smith and said summer 2013. Meet me in Dallas.

doesnt make sense? hes not gonna come off the Bench for Dirk and hes gonna demand near max money....

looking at that 2013 FA class list, their some interesting names on there...... hmmmm

Chris Mannix: There is a strong push coming from Howard's camp to deal the disgruntled center to the Lakers. Viewed as only realistic possibility. Twitter

this should have been the mindset from day 1 ....srs.... it was the only fair trade for both sides

the meeting was probably just an empty threat towards houston.

Let's say Houston takes on JRich & Hedo with Dwight.

Dwight is going to resign with that team? Lin, JRich, 3rookies, Hedo & Asik...

Or if it is JRich & Glen Davis

Lin, JRich, 3 rookies, Big Baby & Asik.?

I don't think it was an empty threat at all.

Last edited:
maybe not empty. It was indeed a threat. But with a bad back there is a strong possibility he re-signs for the extra 20 or so million dollars IN A STATE WITH NO TAX.

i don't think you can predict him leaving houston. the nets just signed someone they took a big gamble on. so it obviously can happen.

Hennigan saying he didn't know what to make of what he was told means absolutely nothing. Why say anything when it will be immediately leaked by a source to the press. If he told Dwight he'd trade him to LA, then that might weaken his negotiation position with LA.. Same with Brooklyn.

I can't recall seeing a GM fresh on the job get so much criticism as if he's been involved with Dwight since day one. Any real offers he could have gotten, he can probably still get at some point.. Either through LA or Brooklyn.

maybe not empty. It was indeed a threat. But with a bad back there is a strong possibility he re-signs for the extra 20 or so million dollars IN A STATE WITH NO TAX.
i don't think you can predict him leaving houston. the nets just signed someone they took a big gamble on. so it obviously can happen.

Well yeah anything can happen... But he'd leave Houston to play for Dallas.. So he's not losing tax wise..

And even with a bad back.. Which it isn't really a bad back, it was an injury.. If he makes it through a 4 year deal, and is still playing he'll make up most of that money in the second contract he signs with the Mavs..

One team that would have cap room and the ability to furnish assets to Orlando in a sign-and-trade for Howard next summer is the Dallas Mavericks, who were on Howard's original three-team list that also included the Lakers and Nets. The Rockets, whose lucrative offer sheets for Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin and Bulls center Omer Asik were not matched, also have become less of a player for Howard. And if Howard would walk away from the Magic for a four-year deal with lesser raises, his camp has made it clear that he'd walk away from the Rockets, too. CBSSports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom