Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[h2]EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14[/h2]
bullet.gif
  03:47 PM - August 21, 2013 by Steve_OS

25606.jpg

EA SPORTS AND UNDER ARMOUR TAKE THE COURT

Rise Up in the EA SPORTS Draft Showcase Powered by Under Armour

EA SPORTS announced today a brand-new career mode coming to NBA LIVE 14: Rising Star. In Rising Star, gamers will be given the chance to write their own history as an NBA player. Whether it’s modeling your career as a scoring point guard or an athletic big, it’s up to each player to decide how they want to dominate the game and earn Rising Star Points to improve their skills.

The first challenge is to make your mark in the EA SPORTS Draft Showcase powered by Under Armour. How well you ball on the Under Armour court will determine your Draft potential, and where you’ll start your NBA career.

Manage your player’s career for up to 25 years in the league, growing from a role-player coming off the bench to an NBA All-Star. When it’s all said and done, will you be the next NBA Superstar?

In addition to in-game integration, EA SPORTS is a key partner for the 2013 Under Armour Elite 24 event in New York. The 8th annual game and activities will take place at, and around, the newly constructed custom outdoor basketball court at the Tobacco Factory in Brooklyn, NY on August 23 – 24. The game airs live on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET Saturday, Aug. 24.

EA SPORTS will launch NBA LIVE 14 later this fall on the next-generation of video game consoles, Xbox One[emoji]174[/emoji] and PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji] 4.

Still waiting on footage.. I already know 2k on next gen gonna be missing a lot of good modes. Live is specifically for next gen consoles.. They're in a good spot to take my money this year

I really hope EA includes its "GameFace" feature in Live 14 that **** would be awesome in a basketball game.

im hoping they include tournaments for real money prizes. Unrelated, but I am a huge supporter of video game gambling

EA revealed the release dates for their next-gen launch titles......well except for one.

Wanna guess which title is missing?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Link

They also tweeted this:
EA SPORTS NBA@EASPORTSNBA 13 Sep

#NBALIVE14 is coming in the next-gen launch window. Today's blog was about gen-3 to gen-4 titles. First game screen coming Monday!
So Live 14 went from a launch date title to a launch window title.

I hope I'm reading to much into this, but given EA's track record with the Live series the last few years it's hard not to be skeptical.

The game's going to break again....I don't understand what's so hard about making a basketball game. You guys have like 22 men running around in Madden. It's 5v5!

Welp, looks like I overreacted to the "launch window" news.
laugh.gif

Live 14 is launching Nov. 19th (4 days after the PS4 launches and 3 days before the X1)

Here's a screenshot:

Still waiting for that gameplay vid though.

Its not real enough. Kyrie has no armpit hair :lol: 0]

It's not gonna be available on the current gen?

Last edited:
First Gameplay Trailer:

That's not a gameplay trailer EA...

Still can't tell what the animation is like, and how the players are gonna move and feel when you're playing. Those are the big ifs for me.

The player models are nice and detailed up-close but that doesn't mean as much when the camera is zoomed out to half-court.

Last edited:
Gameplay trailer looked very good, still wanna see some extended 5 on 5 gameplay.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]NBA LIVE 14 Announces Athlete Lineup[/h2]
By EA SPORTS Oct 14, 2013

nba-live-14-talent-header_656x369.jpg

Over the past couple months we’ve shared some of the work we’ve done with NBA players, and today we’re announcing six of the league’s youngest and most talented point guards who will represent NBA LIVE 14: Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Kemba Walker, Ricky Rubio, and Victor Oladipo. We’ve been very fortunate to have them contribute to, and inspire, the development of NBA LIVE 14.

We’ve relied on them for input and feedback, mocap sessions where we’re able to capture their unique signature moves, head scans and more, and their work helped us push the game farther than we ever could have without them. There’s no better way to make a sports game look and feel authentic than by tapping into the actual professional athletes you’re bringing to life on the screen.

When we started planning for NBA LIVE 14, we were focused on the future with specific principles for our return:

- A fresh start allowing us to build a foundation for the franchise focused solely on the next generation of gaming.

- Giving you complete control and authentic responsiveness through our revolutionary bounceTek physics-based dribble system.

- Deliver a game that stays relevant and updated throughout the NBA season. Not just every few weeks or months, but every single day. The connected experience is critical to the NBA LIVE experience and the next generation of gaming.

- Create a fun and accessible NBA video game for our fans rooted in authenticity while capturing the sport both on and off the court.

All of these ideas culminated in a mindset of “Nothing but Next” in everything we do. These six rising stars represent the future of the basketball, as each is poised to be a major force in the game for years to come. The access and time they have provided has been unprecedented in my career, they’ve been incredibly gracious with their time and candid feedback. On a side note, these are some of the nicest guys I have ever met and we couldn’t be prouder to be working with them. I’m looking forward for you to see and feel their influences.

Sean O'Brien
Executive Producer - NBA LIVE

KYRIE IRVING, CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

As the best young talent in the NBA, who better to help inspire and contribute to the game’s creation than Kyrie Irving. We worked directly with Kyrie to capture his exact on court behavior, movement and style, all aimed at making the game as authentic as possible.

DAMIAN LILLARD, PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

damian-lillard-nba-live-14-announce.jpg

Damian makes sure the team has every little detail true to life. NBA players bring a variety of style and personality to the court and it’s critical that the game gets it right. His commitment to hard work was apparent during his mocap session, and his competitive side came out during an impromptu 30-min game of HORSE in the office.

KEMBA WALKER, CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

kemba-walker-nba-live-14-announce.jpg

We met up with Kemba during the Under Armour Elite 24 showcase in Brooklyn this summer, where we gathered his feedback on NBA LIVE, discussed his wish list for the game, and were able to get a great head scan as well.

RICKY RUBIO, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

ricky-rubio-nba-live-14-announce-1.jpg

Ricky’s trademark vision, flash and craftiness motivated the team to rethink how the AI system could be implemented in order to capture the real world abilities of the league’s stars.

JOHN WALL, WASHINGTON WIZARDS

john-wall-nba-live-14-announce.jpg

The cornerstone of the Washington Wizards, Wall’s visit to the studio was a productive one, as we captured his likeness and got hands-on feedback on the game.

VICTOR OLADIPO, ORLANDO MAGIC

victor-oladipo-nba-live-announce.jpg

(Actual in-game image)

Highly touted rookie Victor Oladipo is set to take on the league and the opportunity to work with the #2 overall draft pick this past year is something we’re looking forward to. He brings a fresh perspective to our team and a work ethic that’s second to none.

NBA LIVE 14 is partnering with some of the best young talent in the league to bring “Nothing but Next” to the court when the game launches on Tuesday, November 19, for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Preorder today, and be sure to check the NBA LIVE website, Facebook  and Twitter  for updates.

Graphically? No.....it's not bad but 2K and Live have always had different styles in that regard (2K looking more realistic). I've always preferred Live's gameplay tho its just more fun to me......plus 2K the past 3 years is getting old to me. Got both preordered tho and I'll appreciate em both for what their worth

^ 2k was getting stale to me also, i didn't even bother bootlegging 2k this year

I really really want live to be good but I might wind up skipping them both on next gen too at this point

I need to see more though

Back
Top Bottom