Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ea got balls charging full retail price for a game thats been on the sidelines for what 3 seasons?

They need to put out some gameplay videos soon. EA is BSing in that department while IGN has already reviewed the next gen 2K14.
Given that both next-gen consoles will be out in 10 days I doubt that's gonna happen.

EA promised 5v5 gameplay a while back, guess they considered the Kyrie Irving and Steve Nash quick clips sufficient.

All in all EA really dropped the ball when it came to promoting this game. EA should've been rolling out the blogs with game details and gameplay videos months ago to try and rebuild the Live brand and regain consumer trust in their basketball game. EA could've got a leg up on 2k too since they would've been focused on promoting current gen 2k14.

Some of the features for Live 14 sound very promising but with EA's track record for over-promising and under-delivering with their sports games, the debacle that has been their basketball game the last few years, and their minimalist approach in promoting Live 14, I still have reservations about this game.

Yeah I feel what they've shown/talked about features wise is dope. But no one outside of people already checking for the game even know it's coming out or exists. Definitely think it's gonna shock some ppl gameplay wise tho. I'm ready to play on the 19th 
pimp.gif

When companies dont send out copies for early reviews it usually means the game is trash.

Live already knows what time it is.

Serious question,

How hard do you guys think it would be for another company to come out and make another basketball game?

Can anybody legit say 2k has made any improvements in their game through out the years? Because I know live improved from 08-10. And madden improved through out the years also. I'm going to give live a shot and not let a 10 second video decide who gets my money. I suggest y'all do the same unless you enjoy the dookie 2k been putting out these last few years
It is easier for Bart Simpson to improve his behavior than Lisa Simpson

Serious question,

How hard do you guys think it would be for another company to come out and make another basketball game?
i would imagine this to be rather difficult since they have no base to build on

what could live done better to promote this game? i mean they could have dropped a gameplay vid earlier than 2k, but even then, it would be understandable that it would be a risk

Serious question,

i would imagine this to be rather difficult since they have no base to build on

what could live done better to promote this game? i mean they could have dropped a gameplay vid earlier than 2k, but even then, it would be understandable that it would be a risk
IMO, EA's promotion of Live 14 lacked a sense of direction.

Case in point, when EA started their promotion of Madden 25 they released a schedule detailing the different aspects of the game they were going to discuss, along with the dates they were going to do so:

View media item 377671
Doing something similar to this for Live 14 would have been ideal because it would have given us some early insight into key aspects of the game, and may have helped build anticipation for the game because we would've known what elements would've been addressed and when.

Instead we've just been getting little tidbits of info here and there.

To be fair there was a Live 14 page on NBA.com where they had some "coming soon" videos about the game, but that page was taken down.

EA's promotion of Live 14 lacked actual promotion :lol:

You can't just write up the features anymore, people don't believe what you're saying until they see it with their own eyes. Especially with a game like this, where they need to prove it's not bad.

Dumb move to release it just on Next-Gen. the PS4 and XB1 are supply and demand items and the supply won't be that high imo. Release it on the PS3 and XB360 for about $30-40 and work it out from there.

Live fanboys were some of the most hard headed fanboys. It took most of them a decade and an andrew bynum too switch over to 2k.

I bet this is what ea sports is banking on. The die hard live fanboys who were too stubborn to make the switch and have been playing live 10 since :lol:

Last edited:
If live is similar to this next gen madden :x I hope not, because 2k needs the competition

:wow: How did they manage to almost completely avoid showing the actual game :rofl:

This is def considered trolling at this point.

This game has to be atleast decent. I cannot see ea releasing more crap and finally having the nail in the coffin

Ea got balls charging full retail price for a game thats been on the sidelines for what 3 seasons?

I said same, EA should of charged like 49.99 and people would of save the 10$ difference and stole some sales.
Thats a big reason why NFL 2K5 was so successful
And the fact that it was an awesome game.

But you're right. If it was the same price as Madden most people would have just copped Madden.

The fact that it was 19.99 brand new made a lot of people buy it including myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom