Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

Good win, what the +$+@ is up with E.T Cassell and his trigger happy *%@# jumpshots?

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

you're a horrific hater man. kg has put up hof numbers his entire career. i admit he played like garbage tonight, and wimped out many times. but he's still a former mvp and a 20/10 guy for his career. when he gets this championship, he's definitely in. wake up

He's not even a Lakers fan.

huh?
laugh.gif

our D was much much better this game...kobe with the occasional double team on KG was huge...so was sasha on ray (even tho ray went off, but they weren'tall open looks).

we got lucky that PP was in foul trouble

and we got lucky that Rondo got hurt cuz House wasn't running the offense at all and missing a lot.

i think it's safe to say we've seen the last of sam cassell this series

Pau played the one his worst games in a Laker jersey, he's gotta bounce back for game 4 if we're wanna win that

Lamar has gotta stay out of foul trouble cuz there goes our best rebounder.

i'm glad ariza got a lot more playing time today, he was better than vlad for sure

Originally Posted by Ryda421

I haven't seen all of the playoff celtics games but all I have to say is that pj brown, KG, powe, and perkins have set the most uncalled illegal screens in this post season.
So true, I was thinking the same thing, the refs have to clean that up.

Yeah, we had more free throws, but it was like Game 1 (which was 35-28; tonight was 34-22).

The refs still owe us a BIG game, something like 38-10.
Scottsauce88:
it doesnt matter cause we couldnt hit them for the life of us. This should have been a double digit win but we missed like what 15 free throws. Thats just straight horrible.

Hey, you know what, though? Going to the free throw line still means that someone got a foul tacked on to 'em, so I can live with that. But Ihear you: that was atrocious shooting, man. I get IRATE at myself for missing free throws. Few things in sports will make me as mad at myself than missing afree throw.
laugh.gif

3 more to go
pimp.gif

Our defense was excellent but our offense just needs to find a rhythm. I really want Pau and LO to get off. But it's just not us, KG and PP struggledtoo.
smh.gif
KG taking jumpers

Kobe & Sasha
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

lakers are clearly done in this series....

all those freethrows missed

your D was a lil better

but your team played like trash

celtics almost had the win with terrible performances all aaround

clearly the lakers are outmatched, except for Kobe

even at home your soft

smh

lol

and what's up with your sig?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
IM FROM MASSACHUSETTS

frown.gif
lennon spoke the truth about this country.............

The free throw disparity was not as one-sided as Game 2, and the refs actually let them play at times (thankfully). They need to be more consistent though, itslike they calls these fouls whenever the hell they feel like it.

I think Pau and Odumb will eventually come around though, and their free throw shooting can't possibly be any worse than it was tonight.

Wow, pretty unpleasant game to watch overall.

KG and Paul may as well have stayed in Boston. Horrific no-shows tonight.

Thankfully Ray kept the Celts in it.

And yes, the Lakers dodged a cannonball, not just a bullet, tonight. Gotta appreciate Kobe; back to his 06 ballhogging ways, I see. Props to Vujacic for savingthe Lakers season. Dude canned some huge shots.

IMO, the Celts let this one go when Pierce got called for the charge against Farmar.

2 point lead - gone

Chance to build upon 2 point lead - gone

Chance to build momentum and close the door - gone.

Oh Boston... how do you let a golden opportunity to go up 3-0 slip out of your hands?

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

lakers are clearly done in this series....

all those freethrows missed

your D was a lil better

but your team played like trash

celtics almost had the win with terrible performances all aaround

clearly the lakers are outmatched, except for Kobe

even at home your soft

smh

roll.gif
Clearly Lamar and Pau haven't shown up in this series..andwe're still "somewhat" able to hang around in Boston.. Just wait til they wake up.
wink.gif

also I loved how Lamar stayed aggressive by driving to the basket strong
pimp.gif

um...did anyone catch the last 20 seconds of the game?
why didn't celtics foul? they were only down 6...esp in finals with that mentality of giving up 6 points...
i feel like NBA had this set up...
the spread was 9 points and they won by 6... what a coincidence
eyes.gif

and celtics didn't foul in the last 20 secs of the game to stop the clock with freethrows...
and kobe was horrible at the line so i dont get it...
something smells fishy...

im not a celtics or lakers fan btw...

also I loved how Lamar stayed aggressive by driving to the basket strong
I thought I was the only one. I dont mind Odom taking the ball to the hole and missing because eventually he will either start making it or theywill call some fouls on KG which would be great.
This Finals will be heading back to Boston with Lakers up 3-2
I dunno man. If we keep finding ways to choke away easy points then I dont think we will win all three.

Originally Posted by HAZE323

i think phil should pick n roll with lamar and kobe or lamar and pau to get odom goin

the pick and roll w/ Kobe is the only way Pau has even been effective this series, being spoonfed by Kobe. He just looks petrified out there, even when hehas PJ Brown on him, he's so freaking indecisive it makes me want to throw my remote at the TV. And as for Odom he's not gonna ever get going until hestops committing stupid fouls.

Originally Posted by size TENnnN

um...did anyone catch the last 20 seconds of the game?
why didn't celtics foul? they were only down 6...esp in finals with that mentality of giving up 6 points...
i feel like NBA had this set up...
the spread was 9 points and they won by 6... what a coincidence
eyes.gif

and celtics didn't foul in the last 20 secs of the game to stop the clock with freethrows...
and kobe was horrible at the line so i dont get it...
something smells fishy...

im not a celtics or lakers fan btw...
good observations
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Wow, pretty unpleasant game to watch overall.

KG and Paul may as well have stayed in Boston. Horrific no-shows tonight.

Thankfully Ray kept the Celts in it.

And yes, the Lakers dodged a cannonball, not just a bullet, tonight. Gotta appreciate Kobe; back to his 06 ballhogging ways, I see. Props to Vujacic for saving the Lakers season. Dude canned some huge shots.

IMO, the Celts let this one go when Pierce got called for the charge against Farmar.

2 point lead - gone

Chance to build upon 2 point lead - gone

Chance to build momentum and close the door - gone.

Oh Boston... how do you let a golden opportunity to go up 3-0 slip out of your hands?

good one.

if it wasn't for kobe having the ball in his hands, sasha and them wouldn't have open looks in the corner.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

i'm glad more and more people are finally realizing hosw much of a fraud kevin garnett has been not only in this and the immediately previous series, but most of his playing career.

he's gotten passes most of his career for his "charisma" and "style" more than what he's actually brought to the teams he's played on.

i seriously can't help but think some people are on grade-a drugs when they claim he's a lock for the hall of fame

Stupidity.

There was that play late in the fourth where Pierce got that and one... KG set a blatant illegal screen that cleared out Kobe completely.

celtics still limited their FG % to about 42% and scoring to 87...which is their usual playoff average....offense was really bad, no show. they didn'tadjust, KG was just bad...PP got alot of fould which we knew was gonna happen. but KG shoulda did something.

Back
Top Bottom