Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

can't wait for the next game to start
eek.gif

I don't like how most of the Lakers played today, but Kobe carried us as always.

Sasha
pimp.gif

good win for the Lakers , yall earned it . i just dont see how you are gonna win this series . Garnett played poorly , Piercewas AWFUL , Kobe had a GREAT game , Vujacic played the game of his life and yall only won by 6 AT HOME . Celtics in 6

As a Laker fan Im glad that got the win but Im more nervous now than before this game. Boston played a pretty bad game and we barely beat them and game 3 is a lot easier to win than games for or 5 will be. The way Garnett and Pierce played this should have been an easy win. Odom has got to find a way to be effective against the celtics or the lakers have a really slim chance.

Put it this way....both teams played horrifically. KG and PP played terrible, but so did Odumb, Gasol, and Fisher.

Lakers also missed a ridiculous amount of free throws, which they never do, so the game shouldn't have been close.

I expect both teams to be sharp next game, but Lakers will still tie the series.

I got no problem with the C's D.

If he's gona make the mid range shots, you gota let him. They've taken away the 3 ball and things at the rim.

Nothin else you can do with him.

Paul...horrible game...but he's a wing + off the injury, from a scoring perspective it happens.

Ray played really, really well.

Now...KG, SHOULD BE BASHED. Nobody will, cause he's a great guy, a great interview, blah blah blah....Skip Bayless will tell it how it is with this guy andthat's it.

Look, he spaces the floor extremely well, he passes extremely well....he rebounds, he is a great defender, on the ball and in team rotations andconcepts...BUT..

He took TWO shots the last 7 minutes of that game. One just a wide open dunk. That's not on his teammates, that is ON HIM. All he was doin was settinscreens, not even coming off of them cause he wanted no part of a big shot.

He was 6 for 21. SIX FOR TWENTY %+!*#! ONE. When you're 7 foot, going against Pau Gasol and you're one of the 10 most talented players to ever pick upa basketball....

FOUR OF THOSE WERE AT THE RIM. @+%! DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND????? He can score almost anytime he wants, but he won't do it.

On that note, we saw what a FRANCHISE player does....he steps up, he takes the big shots and he closes out games.

That's Kobe Bryant, and is not and never has been Kevin Garnett.

i'm glad more and more people are finally realizing hosw much of a fraud kevin garnett has been not only in this and the immediately previous series, butmost of his playing career.

he's gotten passes most of his career for his "charisma" and "style" more than what he's actually brought to the teams he'splayed on.

i seriously can't help but think some people are on grade-a drugs when they claim he's a lock for the hall of fame

my dude sasha
pimp.gif

kobe down the stretch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

odom and pau
smh.gif
c'mon dudes.
let's get game 4!

edit:
i'm also glad the announcers talked about the illegal screens garnet sets. dude leans his shoulder out every time
smh.gif

Good game, Sasha gave Celtics the buisness. Hats off to him. Game was pretty ugly on both ends, Lakers should be worried that they beat Boston with Piercehaving a 2-14 shooting. Garnett taking outside jumpers instead of punishing Gasol in the paint. I can give props to the Lakers aggressiveness' but Sashaand Kobe are the only 2 that really showed up. I just want to see a game where every player shows up for each team.

PGA will still get their rings in the end. See yall Thursday.
smokin.gif

Put it this way....both teams played horrifically. KG and PP played terrible, but so did Odumb, Gasol, and Fisher.

Lakers also missed a ridiculous amount of free throws, which they never do, so the game shouldn't have been close.

I expect both teams to be sharp next game, but Lakers will still tie the series.
exactly, we missed like 15 free throws and still wont by like 6-7. I expect the celtics to come out with more energy next game and I really hopethat Phil starts with the same matchups he did this game. I think Kobe on Rondo helped slow down KG and PP. We cant let all three of them go off.

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

As a Laker fan Im glad that got the win but Im more nervous now than before this game. Boston played a pretty bad game and we barely beat them and game 3 is a lot easier to win than games for or 5 will be. The way Garnett and Pierce played this should have been an easy win. Odom has got to find a way to be effective against the celtics or the lakers have a really slim chance.

You're right and that is why I am worried. Game 3 should have been the game where the Lakers came out and trashed the celtics, the celticsdidn't really have a reason to want this game as much as the lakers did. And like you said Odom played horribly but at this point against this team I donsee any reason why he is ever going to played good. Fish played poorly like you said but both Farmar and Vujacic played extremely well and I don't know ifyou can count on that

the Celtics did not play well at all yet they had a chance to win. Great game by the Lakers down the stretch though and Kobe came up big like he usually does.It's feelin like the Celtics have a great shot at stealing at least one of the next 2.

so here's the thing, both teams played like crap. lakers missed FT and celtics missed shots. but advantage is still celtics in the grand scheme of thingscuz FT are given to you by refs, whereas shots are handed over by the team..... so what does that tell me. if PP and/or KG, either one plays to theircapability, celtics win.

Back
Top Bottom