Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by Mister916

Those videos look great

Damn yall got some low standards.....game looks disgusting
sick.gif
. And I've played every 2K and Live since 95
Yeah, I jumped the gun on that comment. After watching the vids several times again, it's not up to my standards. Like many people, I will reserve my judgment from now on until after the demo drops.

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

Really though.....
eyes.gif

temp-320-70002373.gif
Boozer looking like VC @ the dunk contest
laugh.gif

I came in here because i was little disappointed with everything 2k so far... but damn, this game looks like trash
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ao17

Oh god please not let this be the final version of this game, because I'm starting to lose all hope for EA basketball.

I still play Live 10 over 2k10 to this day; however, Elite is starting to remind me a lot of Live 07
sick.gif

it is not the final copy, but like I said ill wait for the demo to pass judgment

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Oh god please not let this be the final version of this game, because I'm starting to lose all hope for EA basketball.

I still play Live 10 over 2k10 to this day; however, Elite is starting to remind me a lot of Live 07
sick.gif

it is not the final copy, but like I said ill wait for the demo to pass judgment
Its believed to be the retail copy. Like we discussed on Twitter, with the demo dropping in a few weeks, not much can be changed unless these dudes are working 24/7. What you see here is going to be in the final product. Mike Wang, whom EA poached a year ago is looking like a genius for going back to 2K and keeping his reasons for defecting on the DL.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

sick.gif

Its believed to be the retail copy. Like we discussed on Twitter, with the demo dropping in a few weeks, not much can be changed unless these dudes are working 24/7. What you see here is going to be in the final product. Mike Wang, whom EA poached a year ago is looking like a genius for going back to 2K and keeping his reasons for defecting on the DL.

The same guy who uploaded those vids to OS asked the people who were over the event was it the final copy, and he said they told him the copy they had was not and was different from the copy the devs have...which is believable when one of the devs is giving constant updates of things they are still being worked into the game...the dev sn is reanimator.

take it for whatever it's worth tho

Gameplay looks
eyes.gif
so far but i still got high hopes for it the presentation looks amazing and i know breen, jackson, and van gundy will be money also
pimp.gif

you 2K fanboys make me sick though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rEAnimator

Man, I think it took an hour to read through this thread

Where to start...

It has been quite obvious to everyone on the dev team that when you give the user more and more control, they have the freedom to make the game look really bad.

I agree with whoever said it here, that it's unfortunate that these videos are the first impression a lot of people are getting simply because it's inexperienced users playing an unfinished product.

But at the same time, this does give you an idea of what our focus was for the year. Control and a realistic and balanced gameplay experience. And more than anything else, a fun game to play.

Through all the negative responses to the videos, what stands out to me is that the people who played the game enjoyed it, and that means we succeeded in our goal.

We've been saying it all along that the game is not going to sell itself through videos, but rather through people getting their hands on the demo. The fact that the guys who went to the event wanted more time with the game is a good sin to me.

Now, onto some specifics that stood out to me...

-the game speed seemed weird in the videos. I'm not trying to make excuses, but what I saw in the videos doesn't really match what I see when I play the game in person. I have no explanation for that, and even the gys who were at the event made similar comments. I'd be worried if I were a fan seeing these videos as a first impression, but this doesn't worry me at all because I know for a fact the game doesn't feel or look as fast as these videos. It kind of feels like the framerate of the recording is causing some kind of illusion, but I really don't get it. Not worried other than the impression people are getting

-the guy who hit all his shots with Kobe doesn't worry me. I'm sure that was on default difficulty which is quite forgiving, especially with good shooters. I don't expect anyone on this board to play at that difficulty level, nor would I recommend it except for your first few games while you get used to the controls

-the boozer dunk everyone is talking about...yeah that looked horrible. Totally agree. It looked extra weird though, and again I kind of want to blame the recording...same as the game speed. But the distance he took off from...since I haven't been in the office I can't say if it's been fixed or not, but it was discussed after the reaction to the Artest video so I know it was on the table. Not sure when this build was from, so that one may be fixed in the final game.

-the ugly jumping on blocks and ugly collisions people are talking about...the jumping is intentional and that's what the final product will look like. That was one of the tradeoffs we made where we choose gameplay and responsiveness over pretty animations. Feel free to disagree with the choice, but the height and time it takes to get off the ground was deliberately chosen for specific reasons. The collisions however were being improved right to the very end. Not sure what build this was so I can't say if those improvements were in or not, but they were likely still being improved.

-the overall "spastic" play...I blame that on the users. Feel free to be skeptical about that, but when we release our 5v5 footage next week I'm expecting it to be a video of Connor playing against Novell. It some sense it's going to be good that you guys see both sets of videos so you can see what a massive difference a skilled and basketball savvy player makes to the look of the game. When you do realize that, you'll understand to what degree we are giving up control to the user.

I don't really want to make excuses, what you saw in these videos is Elite 11 no question about it. But because of the control the users have the game can look really bad. But it can also look brilliant. However it always feels good and that's the most important thing.

I'm thrilled the people who got a chance to play it had fun. That's good news for us and makes me even more excited for when the demo drops. I think we're going to win a lot of people over with it.

I want to say thanks to the guys who gave their impressions. You were very fair, honest and insightful with your comments and appreciate that.

It's unfortunate that people are focusing more on the visuals in the videos, but once people get their hands on it and have time to learn how to play I think people will enjoy it.

Looking forward to our 5v5 footage that will come out next week

from one of the devs of EA

If the right analog stick is for shooting then which button(s) is gonna be for juke moves? I love the use of the right analog stick for dribble moves in Live 10. I don't like the idea of using the right stick for shooting, somethings when I flick it to the direction I want, it doesn't go smoothly. It's gonna be another learning curve, for the better or worse I guess we'll find out first week of October.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

If the right analog stick is for shooting then which button(s) is gonna be for juke moves? I love the use of the right analog stick for dribble moves in Live 10. I don't like the idea of using the right stick for shooting, somethings when I flick it to the direction I want, it doesn't go smoothly. It's gonna be another learning curve, for the better or worse I guess we'll find out first week of October.

right stick for shooting and dribbling, but you can switch it back to the live 10 way

I prefer the Live 10 configuration but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the new feature of Elite 11? If they have a roster update for Live I'll just keep playing that then.

laugh.gif
the funny thing is that I haven't played basketball video games since 2004

that last game was Live 04

2k11 will be my first nba video game purchase in 7 years

However, I'm going to have buy elite to get the free nba jam lol...sell that off after i download it

Looking forward to our 5v5 footage that will come out next week

As am I.

2k and EA needs to stop BS and let us know when the demos will be available.

I hope 2k doesn't release the demo AFTER the game comes out, as they done in the past.
smh.gif

FYI, OS will be posting a 5 minute gameplay video sometime today.

What's up with the over-exaggeratingtake-offs? ...so this !@+$ happens if they dont collide with each other?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that the rocket dunks that you guys saw in the videos are being looked at and will be addressed so you won't be seeing guys like Boozer taking off from far away to throw down a dunk.

Posted by NBA Elite Community Manager blackflash83 on OS

Back
Top Bottom