Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

[table][tr][td]
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

the guy who was controlling the clippers was kind of going off with baron davis...handles were
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

proper english said:

Originally Posted by al3x89

"elite isn't anywhere near 2k"

"the gameplay sucks"

elaborate please?

it doesn't seem THAT bad and is definitely not even close to NBA Live 2004, 10 or even 2k11 for that matter. however, EA made some huge improvements in this game, how can you not see them? oh wait... you stuck in 2k land prob? i bet some of you didn't even watch the video and just came up with conclusion that 2k>elite.

this....EA focus was on gameplay this year...every guy on OS forum who played the game at that event said the gameplay was good...It will take them another year or 2 to be a real contender
laugh.gif
 were talking video games here bro.. not the Warriors or the Twolves.. i want to play a good game NOW.. not wait for another 2 years. 

I agree man, but I'm just being realistic I don't see how they could produce a great game in 1 year starting from scratch it just doesn't seem possible, maybe if they would have built on live 10 but they didn't they started brand new

the funny thing is, people have been saying this for awhile

something along the lines of "NBA live needs another 2-3 years to build on this"

and every year, just before release, EA starts to get my hyped up and make me think i might buy Live instead of 2k, then they disappoint

watching the videos with hornets v rockets, these things looks so weird to me
-Alley oops looks un natural, and it seems way too common(however they may be playing on rookie mode)
-When the ball goes in the net, it looks like it gets stuck before it drops, it just doesnt look natural
-Post up moves look jerky

-the best thing about elite is the first layup baron does, it looks realistic and smooth
-presentation makes it look like a REAL broadcast

does anyone know if nba elite will be played in a broadcast camera or baseline high camera, for some reason they are releasing 2 different camera angles

this game sucks, video had Hornets and Clippers in the playoffs
roll.gif

also the passing looks horribly fake SMH

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

proper english said:

Originally Posted by al3x89

"elite isn't anywhere near 2k"

"the gameplay sucks"

elaborate please?

it doesn't seem THAT bad and is definitely not even close to NBA Live 2004, 10 or even 2k11 for that matter. however, EA made some huge improvements in this game, how can you not see them? oh wait... you stuck in 2k land prob? i bet some of you didn't even watch the video and just came up with conclusion that 2k>elite.

this....EA focus was on gameplay this year...every guy on OS forum who played the game at that event said the gameplay was good...It will take them another year or 2 to be a real contender
laugh.gif
 were talking video games here bro.. not the Warriors or the Twolves.. i want to play a good game NOW.. not wait for another 2 years. 

I agree man, but I'm just being realistic I don't see how they could produce a great game in 1 year starting from scratch it just doesn't seem possible, maybe if they would have built on live 10 but they didn't they started brand new

the funny thing is, people have been saying this for awhile

something along the lines of "NBA live needs another 2-3 years to build on this"

and every year, just before release, EA starts to get my hyped up and make me think i might buy Live instead of 2k, then they disappoint

watching the videos with hornets v rockets, these things looks so weird to me

-Alley oops looks un natural, and it seems way too common(however they may be playing on rookie mode)

-When the ball goes in the net, it looks like it gets stuck before it drops, it just doesnt look natural

-Post up moves look jerky

-the best thing about elite is the first layup baron does, it looks realistic and smooth

-presentation makes it look like a REAL broadcast

does anyone know if nba elite will be played in a broadcast camera or baseline high camera, for some reason they are releasing 2 different camera angles

it has to be in broadcast I would think, that's what the previous games come with on default settings

Originally Posted by thachosen123

EA also didn't do a great job wit the commentary aspect either, when I first heard that they we getting Breen, jackson, & JVG my reaction was.
eek.gif
and
laugh.gif
.................but that last video I saw had me
smh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

That breen, jvg, and jackson combo is known for being energetic and off the wall right?, I don't know about y'all, but that just sounds like they had them record their lines all at different times
I say it every year for Madden, NBA 2K, Live/Elite, MLB 2K & MLB The Show....  If they need to double (hell even triple) the pay of their commentators of the game to add 1000s of new sound clips and make it flow better instead of doing insert name here and insert action here making it sound robotic... For each player do it as a complete sentence.. And give me better in-depth analysis of the play.. Don't say "he goes past the defender for an easy two" and then don't really say anything until the next play..give me why it happened, be more like a true NBA game

They also need to add the banter between announcer where they interrupt each other, add on points, and have more than one thing to say (i.e. If I have to hear about Tony Romo's release time once more I will flip)..

Madden added Gus Johnson and people were like Yes now the commentary will be great.... While Gus is an improvement he still comes off as robotic. Because every sports game developer thinks if they just barely announce we will be happy with it..

Originally Posted by Essential1

EA also didn't do a great job wit the commentary aspect either, when I first heard that they we getting Breen, jackson, & JVG my reaction was.
eek.gif
and
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

That breen, jvg, and jackson combo is known for being energetic and off the wall right?, I don't know about y'all, but that just sounds like they had them record their lines all at different times
I say it every year for Madden, NBA 2K, Live/Elite, MLB 2K & MLB The Show....  If they need to double (hell even triple) the pay of their commentators of the game to add 1000s of new sound clips and make it flow better instead of doing insert name here and insert action here making it sound robotic... For each player do it as a complete sentence.. And give me better in-depth analysis of the play.. Don't say "he goes past the defender for an easy two" and then don't really say anything until the next play..give me why it happened, be more like a true NBA game

They also need to add the banter between announcer where they interrupt each other, add on points, and have more than one thing to say (i.e. If I have to hear about Tony Romo's release time once more I will flip)..

Madden added Gus Johnson and people were like Yes now the commentary will be great.... While Gus is an improvement he still comes off as robotic. Because every sports game developer thinks if they just barely announce we will be happy with it..

calm down man, its a video game
laugh.gif

that stuff is pretty advance right now, i dont think we will see announcers start interrupting each and adding on more points and etc

EA needs to work on fixing their gameplay before they start revamping their entire commentary

Originally Posted by Essential1

eek.gif
and
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

calm down man, its a video game
laugh.gif

that stuff is pretty advance right now, i dont think we will see announcers start interrupting each and adding on more points and etc

EA needs to work on fixing their gameplay before they start revamping their entire commentary

The newer videos honestly make the game look playable. The verticals really needs to be fixed.

Based on the last few vids I see the in game atmosphere is still on point, with the crowd chants and sound effects.
pimp.gif

Just like in Madden 11, the new commentary team is a bit underwhelming.

I know it's hard to capture the same chemistry Breen, Jackson, and Van Gundy have on TV and implement in a video game, but the commentary seems so bland.

I'm ready to get my hands on each game's respective demos. The next news EA and 2k better drop are the demo release dates.

That last vid actually looks good.

As toine said, the commentary is underwhelming. JVG sounds as if he's in a nursery trying not to wake sleeping babies with that monotone whisper.

Crowd/bench animation definitely needs work imo. Magic bench overreacting on Miami baskets for instance.

i know its probably been answered in here but when does the PS3 demo drop? The 2K11 demo had me pretty damn impressed but im not just going to be biased like i usually am. I just want to enjoy a good quality basketball game for once, its by far my favorite sport to watch or play, yet always has some garbage $** videogames

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

i know its probably been answered in here but when does the PS3 demo drop? The 2K11 demo had me pretty damn impressed but im not just going to be biased like i usually am. I just want to enjoy a good quality basketball game for once, its by far my favorite sport to watch or play, yet always has some garbage $** videogames
No date yet, but there will be a demo for sure.

ive always been a live dude but nba 2k was doing its thing...but compared with the 2k gameplay videos ...elite looks way better

Back
Top Bottom