:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

we gonna see what is what

dudes is in denial dat the clippers suck and EB suck

u put odom on a team as da main option,he gonna avg 20-10 also

i hope dude not smokin his lala wit crack
[GODSON]Your arms too short to box with god[/GODSON]
grin.gif

L-O was the main option on my Clips from 99-03 and he never averaged 20-10. EB has been averaging 20-10 since his rookie year
so lower the haterade from your lips son and get a %+*! clue
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Mayo's gunna work out for the Wolves in Chicago
pimp.gif
Mayo would be a good look. It would be nice if we could trade up and get Beasley or Rose, but doubt it. Jefferson and Beasley would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

we gonna see what is what

dudes is in denial dat the clippers suck and EB suck

u put odom on a team as da main option,he gonna avg 20-10 also

i hope dude not smokin his lala wit crack
u rite dawg. EB suck so hawd dat he is somehow da allstar twice. Odom is da type of playa dat will take ova gaymes. We be playin to much 2k8 dawg. Odom is allster. EB suck Odumb good. We be smokin crack wit da lala pipe and all u hav ta do is blawck Beasley and Beasley will be not good. Beasley only be 6'7" so da Beasley cant eva be good eva. Odom is 6'10" and wud be allstaw on da cwippers. We all be on dat 2k8 and we cant be see streght. EB suck becawse he dont put up 90 and 40. EB suck. Cwippers suck. 2K8 is GAWD!!!!!!!

+%$ is this dude thinkin syain EB sucks...hes one of hte premiere power forwards behind Duncan and Garnett.hes a franchise player who you build your teamaround...the clips had there chance and almost took out the suns forcing a game 7 and were minutes wtihin the western conference finals if it wasnt for cassellto commit a 8 second violation... then the next year they were ony a game behind gsw for the 8th seed then the injury year happend... BRAND IS A BEAST..formernumber #1 draft pick..check out his averages u moron before you talk especially wen no1 can understand your repetitiveness

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...F?slug=ap-timberwolves-mayo&prov=ap&type=lgns
Wolves send 7 to watch Mayo work out

[h1]GM Stack says Wolves like what they see in Mayo[/h1]
By DAVE CAMPBELL, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 39 minutes ago

The Minnesota Timberwolves sent seven officials, including coach Randy Wittman, to watch draft prospect O.J. Mayo work out in Chicago on Saturday for the Wolves and four other teams.

The 6-foot-5 Mayo, who played one season at Southern California, is one of the "four or five" players the Timberwolves are considering with the No. 3 pick in Thursday's NBA draft assuming Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley are taken with the first two.

General manager Jim Stack, in a conference call with Minnesota reporters, said the Wolves contingent spent about an hour interviewing Mayo afterward. Much of the discussion centered on improper benefits Mayo allegedly received through an agent while playing at USC.

"We wanted to pin him down on some things," Stack said. "I'm really impressed with the fact that he was very much a standup person. He knows he's got to be accountable for whatever happens in his life. He wasn't looking to make excuses for anything. Regarding the allegations, he basically told us that he didn't do anything wrong. I tended to buy into what he was saying.

"At the end of the day I think it really taught him some lessons about being careful with his inner circle and understanding where people are coming from and that they might have different agendas."

Stack said he thought Mayo, who will turn 21 in November, was more mature than most of the other prospects. The Wolves see him as capable of playing both guard spots, like Randy Foye, their first-round draft pick in 2006.

The Wolves will host three more prospects at Target Center on Monday: Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless, Indiana guard Eric Gordon and Oklahoma center Longar Longar. Bayless and Gordon are considered top six picks by most analysts.

i CANNOT take VINNY F'IN DEL NEGRO serious as a coach...i grew up with this dude as a playground joke...when some, white kid hell maybe even a hispanic kidtoo, threw up some airball or stupid shot we would yell VINNY DEL NEGRO!!!! hahahaha

Im so lost to why the bulls are even thinking about picking Rose. I mean at this time last year Kirk Hinrich was a fine PG...the whole team played bad last andnow they need a PG. I thought the bulls biggest problem the last few years was a go-2 player who could score?.

Hinrich
Huges
Deng
beasley
Noah

they just payed hinrich alot of money
roll.gif
now they want to bench him...buti mean these are the same guys who hired VINNY DEL NEGRO and gave ben wallace alot of money, PASSED on kobe b/c they wanted to keep Luol Deng
roll.gif

look at the pics,Beasly is almost da same size as Vinny,and yall dudes honestly think he's gonna b able 2 guard dudes like Duncan,KG or Bosh image
eyes.gif
Look at how he's standing... And the bottom of his nose is still over the top of Vinny's head if his hair wasn't extra tallon top...

And who said he had to guard Duncan, Garnett, or Bosh defensively? If you're Miami, Shawn Marion or Udonis Haslem will be defending those type guysanyways... If you're Chicago, that's what Joakim Noah is for...

Again, what's your point?

i don't know what you are looking at, but he look like he is 1 inch taller then Vinny

he gonna guard them if he play PF,if not then whats the point in drafting him,and Shawn Marion and Udonis Haslem most likely would get bodied also if they played against them dudes i mention also
OK... So what you're saying is the NBA Pre-Draft camps spotted Beasley 3 inches in his measurements just because he's Michael Beasley?You're looking at a picture where he's clearly not standing straight up, got one knee bent, and he's still eye level clear over Vinny's head.
laugh.gif

And last I checked, playing PF does not mean you're automatically defending the opposing team's PF... Elton Brand doesn't always defend those guys.Chris Kaman takes his fair share of minutes on those types. Same with David West and Tyson Chandler. Antawn Jamison and Brenden Haywood? Check. Hell, some ofthe bigger, 7 foot PFs don't even guard those 3 guys on every possession... Your best post defender will almost always chase those guys on thedefensive end, regardless of size...

I dunno how relevant this is but this should help those arguing over Beasleys height get a better idea..

I saw him & Melo today standing right next to each other and they were either the same height or melo was a litttttle bit taller.

Originally Posted by henz0

I dunno how relevant this is but this should help those arguing over Beasleys height get a better idea..

I saw him & Melo today standing right next to each other and they were either the same height or melo was a litttttle bit taller.
Melo is listed at 6'8
But IMO Beasely is much more physical and stronger than Melo.

He'll be fine at the 4 spot

PASSED on kobe b/c they wanted to keep Luol Deng
roll.gif

Could we please ban the next person to get this wrong plllllllllleeeeeaasseeeeee? It was KB that said he wouldn't come to the Bulls if Dengwas included in the trade.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Washington State's Kyle Weaver, Mississippi State's Jamont Gordon and Turkish big man Omer Asik are three players who are getting some serious interest from teams in the 20s.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My Dude Jamont...
Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Well...these dudes are premium athletes and multi talented...in todays NBA there is no such thing as being locked into a position. Kevin can play 3 positions...Jeff can play 3 positions...Mike can play 3 positions. All effectively...because of the abilities they can each bring to the table...again I see no problems with the three of them playing together. Kevin didn't miss out on rebounds because he played the 2 position...he missed on boards because he's not there yet strength wise to go down there and grab them. At Texas he played the 5 and he played damn near 40 minutes per game so it wasn't hard to grab boards. Jeff can play and defend both the 3 and the 4 position. He's got good size...he's a great athlete...he's strong and he proved to be a better scorer than many people figured he'd be in his first year. He was the perfect compliment to Kevin last year. Mike brings to the table what neither one of them does...low post scoring. An Inside-Out game with Kevin/Mike would be dangerous...along with Jeff facilitating...not too many teams have that type of versatility and size...god forbid one of those 7 footers develops then they're even more dangerous. Like I said...people kept questioning Atlanta's acquistions of guys who played the "same position" but failed to realize how versatile they all were. They manage to put about 4 guys 6'8 and taller on the floor at the same time and are successful at it. All it took was a point guard to get them in the right direction. So if the Sonics were to land Beasley...a legit NBA starter caliber PG who can distribute and shoot would make them the most promising team on the West right with Portland.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TravisJMU

The kid Mayo is going to be a PROBLEM at the next level, I'm calling it now.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But IMO Beasely is much more physical and stronger than Melo.

Dunno about that just yet...You might be right though...

JASON THOMPSON, F, RIDER

High school: Medford (N.J.) Lenape. • Coach: Bill Lange.

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
0202-RIDTHOMPSON_250.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jason Thompson's high school coach saw pro potential early in Thompson's playing days.[/td] [/tr][/table]When is the first time you remember thinking this guy could play professionally someday?
"I'm going to say his sophomore year. His mother reminds me of this all the time. Jason didn't play too much as a sophomore for us. I remember walking out of the gym and saying, 'Sharyn, be patient. I believe one day Jason is going to make money playing this game.' You could just see it.
The one thing that always impressed me about him is the joy he has playing the game. When the game's that much fun for somebody - particularly somebody with his skill level - it just makes it easy to work. He just loves being in the gym. With the skill set he has, that's a nice combination.

"Everybody forgets that he should still be in college. He started grade school early, and he was always physically and age-wise a year behind everybody else. When he graduated from high school, he was 17. When we got there, Jason had been working kind of as a point guard. If I showed you the (team) pictures from his sophomore year, you'd see three or four guys taller than him. When I show you the picture from his senior year, there's no doubt who Jason is because he'd (grown) something like 7 inches. But he still maintained the skills because he'd worked at it.

I remember trying to talk to some of the local college coaches because a lot of those guys wanted him to go to prep school for a year and then redshirt a year. I said, 'You're going to see how good this kid is within a short period of time. You can't judge him right at this minute.' I had them coming back his junior and senior year and saying, 'I wished I'd listened.'

"The potential was always there, and he fortunately got in a perfect situation at Rider. Those guys have done a great job with him, and I think when he showed up against 'higher-level competition,' he always showed well."

When do you expect him to get drafted?
"I've talked to about half a dozen NBA teams - the Spurs, the Hawks, the Nets, etc. There seems to be a wide array of choices here. Most of them think he's going to go in the first round, if not early in the second round. One NBA team told me that there are some teams out there that think he's somewhere in the top-15 choices. And I know that's all dependent on who's coming out early, what's over in Europe and so on.

I've coached professionally. I've coached in the USBL for a couple of years and have been fortunate to have a lot of guys who were first-round picks, (but) I have no idea how you can slot somebody. I don't know. That's why I don't get paid to do it and somebody else does. But the teams I've talked to, I've said that I don't know if he's going to have an impact his first year, but just as I told the other coaches when he was being recruited, (I've said), 'By the time he's in his second year, you're going to be glad you picked him.' "

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

if Beasly does not guard them dudes,who is going to?

it'd be better if Beasley doesn't guard the PF(or whoever he is guarding), kid is going to get in early foul trouble at the next level - a lot.

Back
Top Bottom