:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Yeah, I really don't see the reasoning behind saying Jeff Green, KD, and Beasley couldn't be on the floor together...

6'9, 6'9, and 6'9... ? The NBA is so much an up-and-down game anymore that combo-forwards like Green and Beasley can play the PF spot and still beextremely effective. Beasley is strong enough and explosive enough to defend the 4 spot in the NBA, and he's definitely got the ability to score with hisback to the basket and finish around the rim at an elite level...

Washington State's Kyle Weaver, Mississippi State's Jamont Gordon and Turkish big man Omer Asik are three players who are getting some serious interest from teams in the 20s.
pimp.gif

u r reaching right now,all they hav 2 do is block his shot ,he aint gonna b postin up

this the pro's not college,he gonna b goin against skilled 6'10-7 dudes if he play PF
ohwell.gif
You really think it's that easy?

2006-05-02-brand.jpg

bk_AAIH244_8x10~Carlos-Boozer-Posters.jpg

bk_AAHQ248_8x10~David-West-Posters.jpg

Antawn.jpg

All-star power forwards under 6'10... Beasley is about 6'8.5", so giving up an inch or an inch and a half most nights isn't going to reallyhurt him, especially considering he's got long arms and he's very strong... He ain't gonna get pushed around.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

dude is 6'7 and none of them dudes u mention r da best in da nba at PF

matter fact none of them dudes r da best on there own team,besides brand and his team suck

so wut u want dude 2 b? a role player if he play PF?

LMAO at calling EB and Booz role players

I don't think Beasley will be a franchise player, but I think he can be a 20-10 guy like the dudes posted above. If you can get that at the second pick,you did well.

dude is 6'7 and none of them dudes u mention r da best in da nba at PF

matter fact none of them dudes r da best on there own team,besides brand and his team suck

so wut u want dude 2 b? a role player if he play PF?

Michael Beasley is not 6'7... He's 6'8.5" with shoes on...

And I never said any of the guys I posted were the best PFs in basketball... And I don't think anybody in this thread said Michael Beasley would be thebest PF in the NBA...
The point is, he can play the PF position in the NBA. He can be a 20 point, 10 rebound all-star caliber player like the guys I posted above... You acted like the guy would be incapable ofgetting a shot off in the paint because he was under 6'10... And that's just not the case. It's flat out ignorant to suggest he's incapable ofplaying a position because he's half an inch shorter than guys who consistently put up 20 and 10 at that position... If Michael Beasley is a 20 and 10,all-star caliber PF, whoever drafts him will have done damn well for themselves.

And while we're at it...
zachtheknick.jpg

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Randolph at all, but he's 6'9" and extremely unathletic, giving you 20 and 10 every night...

So again, why is Michael Beasley incapable of playing power forward in the NBA?

all im sayin is he would b better off playin SF and da heat already hav 1

except for the fact that you have yet to prove why he cant play pf in the NBA. The dude is 6'7" without shoes on, but I dont know many basketballplayers who play barefooted so I would have to say that the dude is about normal height for the PF position. And he just put on 20 pounds of muscle over thesummer so I highly doubt that he will have trouble playing in the post.

u r reaching right now,all they hav 2 do is block his shot ,he aint gonna b postin up
roll.gif
only if it were this easy in real life.

Player: I cant stop him coach

coach: It is easy, all you have to do is block his shot now go out and do it

roll.gif

you sir have no clue what you are talking about

fall back,dudes b playin 2 much 2k8,thinkin these dudes r superstars

i remember back in 03 dis was da same place dat claimed darko would b a star and a better fit for the pistons after see him play on a surveillance tape
indifferent.gif

i will keep dat in mind,and move on from talkin 2 these dudes in this post that dont agree

Put the pipe down kiddo
grin.gif

EB, a career 20-10 guy, is a 2-time All-Star and easily in the top 5 best PF's out West. You must have missed our entire 05/06 & 06/07 season when hewas beastin on teams left and right consistently way before the achilles injury.

*&%$@# be thinking BEasy is puny.
laugh.gif
Do most of yall realize thatheights are exaggerated in the L- I thought this was well-known? I garauntee this dude listed at either 6-9 or 6-10 next year. Besides wingspan means moreanyways when you talking about half an inch.

I don't understand the exasperation. Beasley gotta keep the attitude in check and he'll be straight.

Why can't Shawn Marion play the 4 some nights and Beasly play the 4 some nights depending on the size and quickness of the players like Marion did inPhoneix? Matrix is a great on ball defender and very underated length wise as well....

as said ^ BEasy is gonna be a monster in the L, maybe not championship 4, but he's young and can still grow (Monta Ellis/Mike Dunleavy/LBJ23), and he canfill out his body. Barkely succedded well at the 4 in the L by overpowering people, BEasy can fill his body out to be a bigger Barkely that can stretch thefloor. The PF's mentioned above are good, but
grin.gif
, I would rather havea tradional PF. I personally don't like his fit in Miami, but he'll be just fine.

Hopefully Purple and Gold can get 93 in a uni next year or package farmar, fisher, and walton for MAYO and keep the kid in LA with Bean, one can dream
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

we gonna see what is what

dudes is in denial dat the clippers suck and EB suck

u put odom on a team as da main option,he gonna avg 20-10 also

i hope dude not smokin his lala wit crack

u rite dawg. EB suck so hawd dat he is somehow da allstar twice. Odom is da type of playa dat will take ova gaymes. We be playin to much 2k8dawg. Odom is allster. EB suck Odumb good. We be smokin crack wit da lala pipe and all u hav ta do is blawck Beasley and Beasley will be not good. Beasleyonly be 6'7" so da Beasley cant eva be good eva. Odom is 6'10" and wud be allstaw on da cwippers. We all be on dat 2k8 and we cant be seestreght. EB suck becawse he dont put up 90 and 40. EB suck. Cwippers suck. 2K8 is GAWD!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
This dude clearly has no idea what the hell he's talking about... I'm finished addressing him.

this the pro's not college,he gonna b goin against skilled 6'10-7 dudes if he play PF
jesus christ. do you not watch basketball or something? if they block his shot, that means they have to guard him up close. beasley is quickenough to beat them off the dribble to the basket. if they give him enough ground, as they respect his drive (WHICH THEY SHOULD), then he'll be able toshoot it over them.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

we gonna see what is what

dudes is in denial dat the clippers suck and EB suck

u put odom on a team as da main option,he gonna avg 20-10 also

i hope dude not smokin his lala wit crack
u rite dawg. EB suck so hawd dat he is somehow da allstar twice. Odom is da type of playa dat will take ova gaymes. We be playin to much 2k8 dawg. Odom is allster. EB suck Odumb good. We be smokin crack wit da lala pipe and all u hav ta do is blawck Beasley and Beasley will be not good. Beasley only be 6'7" so da Beasley cant eva be good eva. Odom is 6'10" and wud be allstaw on da cwippers. We all be on dat 2k8 and we cant be see streght. EB suck becawse he dont put up 90 and 40. EB suck. Cwippers suck. 2K8 is GAWD!!!!!!!
roll.gif
ummmm english please?

indifferent.gif
at what some dudes will do to not have to type with full wordsand coherent sentences.

both of you.

this 6'7" thing is out of hand.

he's a power forward and he'll be just fine there.

the bulls are making a mistake if they take Rose.

one of the things they are lacking is firepower up front/down low.

hinrich isnt spectacular by any means but he is a starter in this league.

selecting beasley would balance out the roster a lot better than stacking rose, hinrich, and duhon on top of each other.

Can't believe yall really going back and forth with dude...I knew he had a few screws loose with his first post

Beasley will be fine at either 3 or 4 position....HE IS BEST SUiTED TO PLAY THE 4, not because of his size against 4's but because he can't guard NBA3's imo
i feel the same way about KD he can play the 2 or 3...but he's best suited to play the 3 because he's not capable of guarding NBA 2's consistentlyimo
i always find a way to tie KD in haha but... dude is a freak he is 6'8 6'9 and shoots like a 2 and rebounds like a 3 and is long enough to play 4 nh

Back
Top Bottom