Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

the guy didn't score on anything but face up jump shots or cleaning up near the rim. He can't make a move taking more than 2 dribbles, he just can't.

If Wes Johnson COULD dribble or get his own shot, he'd probably go #2 in the draft. Those are his flaws, and the position he plays, they're major ones.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

the guy didn't score on anything but face up jump shots or cleaning up near the rim. He can't make a move taking more than 2 dribbles, he just can't.

If Wes Johnson COULD dribble or get his own shot, he'd probably go #2 in the draft. Those are his flaws, and the position he plays, they're major ones.

exactly...and like BigMike said, T-Wolves already have Corey Brewer, so drafting Johnson would be VERY redundant.  Another thing....seeing that he's going to be 23 to start the season, what's his upside? 

Wes Johnson is more "NBA ready" than most players available. He claims he started playing basketball in 8th grade. Is that potential for upside? Haha.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Wes Johnson is more "NBA ready" than most players available. He claims he started playing basketball in 8th grade. Is that potential for upside? Haha.
highly doubt it. seems to much of a role player at best. hows his work ethic?

Wes Johnson needs to go to a team where there's a system in place and he can be a complimentary player and play a specific role (Boston, San Antonio, Phoenix, OKC, etc).

Originally Posted by JPZx

Minnesota GM David Kahn is actively trying to trade up from the fourth pick to the second pick for a chance to take Ohio State's Evan Turner. Also, don't be surprised if either Al Jefferson or Kevin Love is traded by draft night. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Interesting....

I wonder if Philly is insisting that teams inquiring about the #2, have to take on Elton Brand and his contract? 

Off subject...by on the comparison tip, anyone think that Patrick Patterson is the second-coming of Rodney Rogers?

I'm wondering if there's any way the Timberwolves would be able to get the #2 without giving up the #4.

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

Does anybody think they would bite at that? We could potentially throw Ramon Sessions or Wayne Ellington in there too.

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic

It's not like a free agent that would be worthy of the money we have would come to Minnesota this off-season. Might as well use it on Brand if it's a way to secure Evan Turner.

I'm wondering if there's any way the Timberwolves would be able to get the #2 without giving up the #4.

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

Does anybody think they would bite at that? We could potentially throw Ramon Sessions or Wayne Ellington in there too.

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic

They would take

Randolph + 12 + 25 for Brand +2 over that if that's the case. They get the same production and an expiring contract at the same time.

I thought the Grizzlies' intentions were/are to resign Zach Randolph? He was an All-Star plus a huge fan favorite this year.

Depends on how much he wants and I don't see him in the Grizz long term plans.

Once we re-sign Rudy and give OJ/Marc their deals, there won't be much room for Zach long-term on a big contract. Most knowledgeable fans want to trade up and get Favors or Turner. If we get Turner, they want to flip one of our wings for a PF.
   It appears that Kentucky point guard Eric Bledsoe is drawing attention from more than the NCAA. As the NCAA looks in to alleged grade fraud and illegal gifts connected to Bledsoe, the Grizzlies are said to be eyeing his services.

There is a groundswell within the organization to select Bledsoe if the Griz hold on to the 12th overall pick.

Adding to the intrigue is that Bledsoe measured in at about 6-0 without shoes and 6-11/2 with shoes at the NBA's draft combine in Chicago. Bledsoe would do little to provide size to an already diminutive Grizzlies backcourt. However, Bledsoe does have a 6-71/2 wingspan, which goes a long ways toward making up for his l height.

indifferent.gif

Grizz front office never seem to amaze me if this is true.

If im Philly, i rather take that #4 pick.

i dont see much difference in Al Jeff and Brand.

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic
I don't think there is anyway the trade up and not give up that 4th pick.

I think Philly is like they can get an extra no. 1 and still get their guy @ 4 ... b/c T-Wolves want Turner.  They get Cousins or Favors.

Why the hell would you take Kyle Lowry 2.0 at 12?
indifferent.gif
There's a decent change he'll be there at 25.

Just take Babbitt or Henry at 12 PLEASE.

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic

If Philly is really that desperate to dump Brand is a stupid-dumb contract than yes. Otherwise I highly doubt they would settle for that deal and not get the #4.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I feel like he'd be a nice fit with the Kings
nerd.gif
....... I think if the Kings can strike up the right deal and trade down in the draft to say 8-12 range for a developing big man I'd go for it..... Aldrich, Whiteside, Udoh, Davis, etc. Or do you think we could really draft someone at #5 that will fill a gapping hole?

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic
Throw in sessions dudes is garbage in my mind.
If we trade Kevin Love Al better average better numbers than he did before the acl injury. Love is the overall better guy. But in the post I think that hook is unstoppable really, especially when someone bites on that pump fake
laugh.gif
Yeah there is no big free agent coming here so why not if we get secure Turner.

Coming from a Syracuse fan that watched every single game this past season, Wes' Johnson really isn't that good IMO. You guys can disagree all you want but he did not show that he can lead that team like the other stars in the country. Ask any Orange fan, and they would tell you he wasn't even our best player most of the season. Sure he was the teams only sure fire lottery pick, but Andy Rautins became our MVP and without him, would've been a middle of the pack BE team.

The biggest knock on the his game IMO is the fact that he honestly cannot take a brick off the dribble. Anybody who watched the Butler game late or any other game would agree with me. It's almost shocking at how bad he was in that department because he's so athletic and fast for his height.

But his potential is OFF the charts, but he has to vastly improve on many things. I don't see him as a superstar (i hope I'm wrong) but if he's put in the right situation and great coaching and patience, dude can become the best player of this draft in the near future. But as of right now, from what i've witnessed this past season, dude is being a little too overhyped.

I pray he doesn't turn out to be an Joe Alexander & more like the Shawn Marion comparison (only 2x better).

^thats pretty much my thoughts exactly on Wes Johnson. Either Joe Alexander or Shawn Marion
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Deal:

Al Jefferson + #16 + #23

For

Elton Brand + #2

PG- Rubio/Flynn
SG- Turner
SF- Brewer
PF- Love/Brand
C- Cousins/Milicic
Throw in sessions dudes is garbage in my mind.
If we trade Kevin Love Al better average better numbers than he did before the acl injury. Love is the overall better guy. But in the post I think that hook is unstoppable really, especially when someone bites on that pump fake
laugh.gif
Yeah there is no big free agent coming here so why not if we get secure Turner.
Ayyy that pump fake is absolutely filthy. I've seen him embarrass too many people with that. A frontcourt of Favors and Jefferson would be pretty sick. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^thats pretty much my thoughts exactly on Wes Johnson. Either Joe Alexander or Shawn Marion
laugh.gif
He truely reminds me of a black Joe Alexander with a bit more athleticism lol. True story

Back
Top Bottom