Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

Originally Posted by devi0usb0y

Originally Posted by acidicality

If Cousins really falls to the Warriors, I'll streak at a Warriors game.
A lineup of Curry/Ellis/(Azubuike, Morrow, Maggette, whatever wing to play SF)/Randolph/Cousins would be really nice. If that happens, Warriors should tank to try to get Harrison Barnes in the 2011 Draft.
I'm sure the Warriors need a big man just like the Kings do, but Cousins will slow down the offense of the Warriors. Don Nelson might turn dude into the next Erick Dampier. Yikes...

waits for JPZ to come in with an huge essay disagreeing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by friscostylez

i'm starting to really think some players don't care about their pre-draft measurements. for example: damion james had a 30" and 37" verticals the previous year now he has a 29" and 33".
eyes.gif

he may not be fully healthy...
i think Damion's athleticism is not in question..

Originally Posted by henz0

Grizzlies better take Babbitt

Its a must. 

With me it was really between George and Babbitt. After the combine results, Babbitt is in the lead and I'm sure he will kill some players during one-on-one workouts as well.

And I thought Darko was leaving after this season to become a "superstar" overseas?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

they should have kept kevin mchale on as coach (of course they were right to take the GM position from him).. but, you must admit dude did have that team playing well when he was in charge
While the players may have taken a liking to McHale as the head coach, I think it was the correct move to get rid of him. No matter what position he would have possessed in the organization, it's almost inevitable that the guy would still have had a huge hand in making decisions. And that was something Minnesota just couldn't go on with. The Timberwolves needed to move on from McHale completely.

And I'm not going to disagree with everything you guys are saying completely, but I will continue to stress that you can't really grade a brand new front office until about 3-4 years into their regime. Rubio hasn't stepped on the court yet (from all signs he will), Flynn could still make big steps if he's given weapons and inserted in an offense that suits his skills, 3 first round picks in this year's draft to work with, tons of cap space, flexibility, etc. Just give Kahn a year or two and then start drawing conclusions. The guy has barely gotten a chance to breathe in that role and yet people are already putting him down. It hasn't even been a full year since accepted the position of general manager.
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

And I thought Darko was leaving after this season to become a "superstar" overseas?
I think the whole thing with him is that he wanted to feel "wanted". The way the T'Wolves organization treated him from the time they acquired him until the end of the season (coaches, front office and fans included) completely changed his mindset.

yo jpzx,

i doubt it happens.. but what do you think they will do if cousins goes top 3 and your options are favors or wes johnson?

While Favors has loads of potential, that would be the worst case scenario in my opinion.

We'd probably go with Wes, but I wouldn't like it at all. I almost would rather trade down if it came to that.

We'd probably go with Wes, but I wouldn't like it at all. I almost would rather trade down if it came to that.
That's funny to me personally because he is one of maybe three guys in this entire draft that I would feel safe about drafting.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

That's funny to me personally because he is one of maybe three guys in this entire draft that I would feel safe about drafting.
Yeah I love Wesley Johnson. He has a really high IQ and love for the game. You know he'll work hard and he's great with fans too. He should fill in perfectly for the T-Wolves if the Nets don't take him. 

Wall

Cousins 

Turner
Favors
Wes Johnson

If you get anyone of those players, you can't be mad because once you get past there they are all pretty much the same. 

You'd rather have Wes over Favors? Buggin'.

I'm not sold on Wes being a great pro. And with that Wolves squad you need an athletic low post scorer or someone who can create their own shot. Wes is neither.

nets have to go favors, if he is there..

and hope they can sign lebron this summer.. or melo next summer to play their small forward spot

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Yeah I love Wesley Johnson. He has a really high IQ and love for the game. You know he'll work hard and he's great with fans too. He should fill in perfectly for the T-Wolves if the Nets don't take him. 

Im not saying this because its coming from you, but those descriptions of Wes dont make him sound like hes a good player at all.

I dont care how much someone loves the game and a fans interaction with the fans means nothing.  It sounds like you just described a 2nd round pick.

I consider Wes Johnson in the same category as everybody else outside of the top 5 picks.

Wall, Turner, Cousins and Favors are my only possibly for sure big time players in that draft. I think Wes Johnson will have to be in the right system to be very successful.

Paul George can probably give you everything Johnson can, he just played in a weaker conference and he's actually two years younger than Wes.

And call me stupid, but I see Babbitt, George and Bradley being 3 of the top 10 players in this draft years to come.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Why take Wes when you have brewer? It's the same damn player.
While stockpiling talent on a 15-win team is never a bad thing, this was the point I was going for.

Same goes for Favors too. Talk about a logjam at the PF position. Love, Favors, Jefferson...

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

You'd rather have Wes over Favors? Buggin'.

I'm not sold on Wes being a great pro. And with that Wolves squad you need an athletic low post scorer or someone who can create their own shot. Wes is neither.
Wes can't create his own shot? He's got the athleticism of Iguodala with an actual feel for basketball. Dude can handle the rock, shoot from anywhere and play 3 different positions (played some 4 at Iowa State) if needed. Corey Brewer is not on Wes's level offensively. Brewer is a good defensive player and athlete.
And Durden, my man, can you please remove yourself from my nuts? That doesn't make Wes sound like a good player? I wasn't trying to write a scouting report for you, I was just saying I like the dude and agreeing with KLJ that he is a safe pick and a starter from Day 1. He fits the spot they've needed the most at shooting guard. Rubio, Flynn, Wes, Love and Jefferson would be a fun team to watch, and I haven't said that about the Timberwolves in a while. That court is heat too.

And Durden, my man, can you please remove yourself from my nuts? That doesn't make Wes sound like a good player? I wasn't trying to write a scouting report for you, I was just saying I like the dude and agreeing with KLJ that he is a safe pick and a starter from Day 1. He fits the spot they've needed the most at shooting guard. Rubio, Flynn, Wes, Love and Jefferson would be a fun team to watch, and I haven't said that about the Timberwolves in a while. That court is heat too.

So somehow im on your nuts because you keep making stupid statements?  Again, I did say what I said because of you.  Did you read what I wrote?

No, it doesnt make Wes sound like a good player.  Good with the fans?  Thats great, but how about something productive on the court.  He works hard?  Cool, so does the vast majority of the league but it doesnt mean you can play.  Hes got a high IQ for the game?  Neat, but does he know he to use it on the court while hes playing.  Theres a lot of guys who understand the game but cant play it at a high level.  He loves the game?  Phew, im glad he atleast likes the game.  That should equate to atleast a couple points a game, right?  If he didnt like he game he wouldnt score as much so Im glad he likes playing the game.

You really did describe a bottom end of the bench player.

Originally Posted by Durden7

So somehow im on your nuts because you keep making stupid statements?  Again, I did say what I said because of you.  Did you read what I wrote?

No, it doesnt make Wes sound like a good player.  Good with the fans?  Thats great, but how about something productive on the court.  He works hard?  Cool, so does the vast majority of the league but it doesnt mean you can play.  Hes got a high IQ for the game?  Neat, but does he know he to use it on the court while hes playing.  Theres a lot of guys who understand the game but cant play it at a high level.  He loves the game?  Phew, im glad he atleast likes the game.  That should equate to atleast a couple points a game, right?  If he didnt like he game he wouldnt score as much so Im glad he likes playing the game.

Alright cool so I guess that seals it, Wesley Johnson is going to be a bottom end of the bench player. Everybody in the top 10, stay away from this guy that can't dribble the ball worth !+*@ and can't create a shot for himself. He must have only been up for Player of the Year because of his great personality and hard work ethic. God, I really hope Rubio comes over to pass him the ball or else he'll be lucky to make a dent on a single box score. Atleast he loves to play the game though so when he gets no playing time he'll be joining ALL the local rec leagues around the area.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Alright cool so I guess that seals it, Wesley Johnson is going to be a bottom end of the bench player. Everybody in the top 10, stay away from this guy that can't dribble the ball worth !+*@ and can't create a shot for himself. He must have only been up for Player of the Year because of his great personality and hard work ethic. God, I really hope Rubio comes over to pass him the ball or else he'll be lucky to make a dent on a single box score. Atleast he loves to play the game though so when he gets no playing time he'll be joining ALL the local rec leagues around the area.

If you think he can dribble and create a shot for himself why didnt you say that before?

Back
Top Bottom