Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would they trade brand only to take jefferson horrible contract back?
2009-10 Elton Brand (age 31) $15 mil ... 13 PPG, 6 RPG
2010-11 Elton Brand (age 32) $16 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG
2011-12 Elton Brand (age 33) $17 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG
2012-13 Elton Brand (age 34) $18 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG

2009-10 Al Jefferson (age 25) $12 mil ... 17 PPG, 9 RPG
2010-11 Al Jefferson (age 26) $13 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG
2011-12 Al Jefferson (age 27) $14 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG
2012-13 Al Jefferson (age 28) $15 mil ... ??? PPG, ??? RPG

That's why.

WOW im sure they would be happy to save that 3 million each season.................

its zero point in trying to trade the 2nd pick in the draft and unload brands contract with it only to take a contract that is just as bad back

Al Jefferson is superior in three out of three of the facets I posted.

-Production

Not only do you save 12 million (you're acting like that's nothing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
), you get a guy that put up 17 & 9 this past season while he's still not 100% recovered from the torn ACL, who is 25 years old.

There's a lot of upside there. Just a season ago Al Jefferson averaged 23 and 11.

al jefferson is not very good
You also said Sidney Rice wasn't very good, remember that?

He averaged 23 and 11 at 24 years old. On a bad team, yeah, but putting up those numbers at that age.... there's not a long list of guys who have ever done that. And most of them were stars/superstars. He wasn't very good this year, but since I know you watched -5 games of Timberwolves basketball this season, I'll tell you that he just didn't look like the same player this year. And that is because a lot of guys coming off major knee surgery need a year and sometimes more than that to get back to full health (his numbers are screaming that). Yeah, he was healthy enough to be out there, but dude's tank was definitely not on full, and he has a lot of room to improve.

Jonathan Givony discusses some of the hottest topics surrounding the NBA draft on 730 Fox Sports with Dan Wolken.

Topics discussed include:

-What DraftExpress is doing this time of the year
-What we learned at the NBA Draft Combine
-John Wall from an off-court perspective
-Whether DeMarcus Cousins will slip on draft night
-Luke Babbitt and how he stacks up as an NBA draft prospect
-How well does Luke Babbitt fit in with the Memphis Grizzlies
-Terrico White standing in this year’s NBA draft
-The buzz around Elliot Williams and whether he has a promise from the San Antonio Spurs
-Gordon Hayward’s draft stock and how he’s fared the past few weeks
-Avery Bradley’s draft stock and whether he’s proved he’s not a tweener as of late
-Will Hassan Whiteside slip on draft night, and will teams regret letting that happen?
-What I learned from my travels around Europe and how that might be relatable to the NBA draft

Originally Posted by JPZx

al jefferson is not very good
You also said Sidney Rice wasn't very good, remember that?

He averaged 23 and 11 at 24 years old. On a bad team, yeah, but putting up those numbers at that age.... there's not a long list of guys who have ever done that. And most of them were stars/superstars. He wasn't very good this year, but since I know you watched -5 games of Timberwolves basketball this season, I'll tell you that he just didn't look like the same player this year. And that is because a lot of guys coming off major knee surgery need a year and sometimes more than that to get back to full health (his numbers are screaming that). Yeah, he was healthy enough to be out there, but dude's tank was definitely not on full, and he has a lot of room to improve.

so if he is all of that then why have the Twolves been trying to trade him for the past 2-3 years? if he has a future still for that price the twovles should still keep him?

and since you remember everything WRONG someones says go back and find when i said last offseason the Twolves should trade jefferson because he was a bum and black hole and see if i was wrong

I said Jefferson was a blackhole 3 years ago, doesn't mean he's a bum.

The Timberwolves have been trying to trade him the last 2-3 years? Well we acquired him less than 3 years ago...so.....

And Kahn's been trying to trade Jefferson because we have a surplus at that position. In the end he'll trade whichever guy he can get more back for.

With Jefferson you get: a guy with a ton of potential who could get back to his 23/11 production, but has a big contract.
With Love you get: A really solid all around player who is real young, but some of said his ceiling is not far away from where he is right now.

Take your pick. Reports are that a considerable amount of teams have already inquired about both of them (hoopyshype).

[Rumor] Warriors shopping Anthony Randolph and #6

Supposedly Mark Stein was on NBATV today and reported that there is an offer from Houston (#13/Knicks 2012 pick/unnamed player) for Randolph and the #6. Not sure of the validity of this but it was reported on another board that he said this on a segment of NBATV.

[usher] OMG [/usher]

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Supposedly Mark Stein was on NBATV today and reported that there is an offer from Houston (#13/Knicks 2012 pick/unnamed player) for Randolph and the #6. Not sure of the validity of this but it was reported on another board that he said this on a segment of NBATV.

[usher] OMG [/usher]
chances favors or cousins drops to 6? or they take a monroe/davis/aldrich?

Not knowing who the unnamed player is/will be, I'm really not a fan of this deal for the Warriors.

They move down from 6 to 13 in this draft, and then get the Knicks 2012 first rounder which will probably be in the late 20s if they follow through on getting those two max contracts this summer like speculated (Lebron and Bosh or Johnson and Boozer, etc.).

Just no.

Hey guys, what do you think the hawks have in Store. I see Joe Johnson leaving so they're gonna need a SG and Mike Bibby cant cut it at the point. I see dominique jones, Eric Bledsoe, or Quincy Pondexter at the 24 spot. What's y'all think????

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

[usher] OMG [/usher]
roll.gif

Theres no way that trade rumor involving Randolph is real. I know we have a group of dimwitted monkeys running our team, but I refuse to believe that they are this stupid.

Originally Posted by dland24

Theres no way that trade rumor involving Randolph is real. I know we have a group of dimwitted monkeys running our team, but I refuse to believe that they are this stupid.

ive learned something. Never under estimate Daryl Morey.

Warriors won't do that. Or I hope they won't.

Randolph is definitely part of the future, I'd only trade him if he can net us something really good in return, part of a package or something.

A radio host in Minneapolis said his "sources" confirmed the rumor that Philadelphia is really trying to trade down in the draft and that it probably involves a team taking on Brands contract.

I could see Philly doing what Washington did last year. Trading away their lotto pick and Brand for some established help. I'm sure Collins doesn't want to wait around, even if Turner is supposed to be NBA ready.

I wasn't aware that pregame dunks factor into whether or not a player will succeed in the league. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

never said that... its just a nasty %$+ dunk. But if hed went to another school he wouldve had the numbers for a top 10 pick, but will probably end up dropping to late first.

and your sarcasm is corny.

I just didn't want to waste any of my good material on you.

Back
Top Bottom