Official NBA 2k13 Thread

What's up with the amount of reach in foul calls in this game? Can barely get a successful steal without getting called for a reach in. Annoying as hell.
Stop reaching. Most steals don't happen from reaching. Play the passing lanes. You just have been spoiled by basketball video games never calling the fouls. Now they do and folks are pissed.

@Rome, I have always loved the D-League man. I love seeing old college stars compete with each other.

But I am pissed that Love didn't make it. I will make sure he cooks for the rest of the season man. I promise he will! I usually player lock with Rubio, but I might control Love for the last month or so. I mean we won't make the playoffs either way.

I might play year 2 with the Clip show.

Stop reaching. Most steals don't happen from reaching. Play the passing lanes. You just have been spoiled by basketball video games never calling the fouls. Now they do and folks are pissed.
@Rome, I have always loved the D-League man. I love seeing old college stars compete with each other.
But I am pissed that Love didn't make it. I will make sure he cooks for the rest of the season man. I promise he will! I usually player lock with Rubio, but I might control Love for the last month or so. I mean we won't make the playoffs either way.
I might play year 2 with the Clip show.

yup. stop reaching u bum.

Some reach in fouls in this game now are just straight up stupid tho. But hey at least its easier to just stop fast break starting passes, just reach in and that foul will be called lol

how often do u see NBA players reach? you can still pick people but its going to be rare. 2k12 and 11 all people did was tap steal to play defense.

2k did this so people play d#

Some reach in fouls in this game now are just straight up stupid tho. But hey at least its easier to just stop fast break starting passes, just reach in and that foul will be called lol

That and when the computer reaches in while the offensive player is going no where with the shot clock running down after you just played good on ball D :smh:

That and when the computer reaches in while the offensive player is going no where with the shot clock running down after you just played good on ball D :smh:
Yup thats really annoying, especially when theyre the ones that put the other team in the bonus

how often do u see NBA players reach? you can still pick people but its going to be rare. 2k12 and 11 all people did was tap steal to play defense.
2k did this so people play d#

I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, its NOT impossible to get a steal by reaching in in real life and you def dont see reach in fouls called this often in the NBA when they do reach in. I mean seriously they just took away the pick pocket ability from everyone with it cause EVERY reach no matter if it was on ball or not is called a foul. Ppl act like the old 2ks you could just reach in constantly n automatically get a steal when in reality you had about 2 or 3 swipes before getting called for one

Why can't you block dunks in 2K13 like you could in 12?!

2k is on some BS thats why. They took away the Chase down artist ability with Lebron man. So if you on fast break with cp3, rondo, mo williams, and other dudes who can barely dunk. You gon dunk it ertime without lebron or dwight or batum blocking you.

Yup thats really annoying, especially when theyre the ones that put the other team in the bonus
I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, its NOT impossible to get a steal by reaching in in real life and you def dont see reach in fouls called this often in the NBA when they do reach in. I mean seriously they just took away the pick pocket ability from everyone with it cause EVERY reach no matter if it was on ball or not is called a foul. Ppl act like the old 2ks you could just reach in constantly n automatically get a steal when in reality you had about 2 or 3 swipes before getting called for one

yea but you just dont know how to steal. Its easy if you got someone with pick pocket skill. You gotta understand. Nobody was playing D# before. they just tried to get the steal every time. Tap sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq . You see how bummy that is. Stop reaching so much. There is no point of even reaching. Step up your D#. You see how many bums only reach?

it was messing up the game.

2k is on some BS thats why. They took away the Chase down artist ability with Lebron man. So if you on fast break with cp3, rondo, mo williams, and other dudes who can barely dunk. You gon dunk it ertime without lebron or dwight or batum blocking you.
yea but you just dont know how to steal. Its easy if you got someone with pick pocket skill. You gotta understand. Nobody was playing D# before. they just tried to get the steal every time. Tap sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq sq . You see how bummy that is. Stop reaching so much. There is no point of even reaching. Step up your D#. You see how many bums only reach?
it was messing up the game.

Most of my steals are from using the stupid ball physics against people. I use LT and get close to the ball handler and mirror their movements. If they cross over or do anything behind the back the ball bounces off your leg. Getting the ball is hard when playing against the cpu cause they get most loose balls. I play PG on My player so u pretty much have to play on ball d because your man has the ball pretty much most of the possession. My off ball D could deff use some work tho i always position myself between the ball and my man trying to play the passing lanes and either get beat with a cut or get screened.

Im not saying im a great 2k player but i think i play the game the way it is supposed to be played most of the time.

Reaching helped this game a lot, but people gave to understand 2k is almost all animations, they didnt make a block dunk animation so they cant patch it.

Reaching helped this game a lot, but people gave to understand 2k is almost all animations, they didnt make a block dunk animation so they cant patch it.

How is sum1 tapping square all game helping the game out??? Yeah i knwo dey dum *** didnt make animation for it. its BS. Cuz in 12 u can block any dunk. Unless ur the 1 getting dunked on.

Most of my steals are from using the stupid ball physics against people. I use LT and get close to the ball handler and mirror their movements. If they cross over or do anything behind the back the ball bounces off your leg. Getting the ball is hard when playing against the cpu cause they get most loose balls. I play PG on My player so u pretty much have to play on ball d because your man has the ball pretty much most of the possession. My off ball D could deff use some work tho i always position myself between the ball and my man trying to play the passing lanes and either get beat with a cut or get screened.
Im not saying im a great 2k player but i think i play the game the way it is supposed to be played most of the time.

2k12 I would easily have 10 steals with shumpert, cp3, rondo. I played teamup and dudes is getting Triple doubles and quadruple doubles if they have a guy with high steal rating. All people do is tap square. Its not real. U never see someone getting pick pocketed in the nba. It rarely happens. Dudes in nba avg less than 2stls per game. cp3 pick pocketing rondo. lebron, everyone, it was crazy.

Like i said u can still pick pocket people. U just gotta know when and who to attempt it on. The success rate isnt going to be like it was in 12.

Like DC said 2k has spoiled yall so long with fake basketball. Reaching isnt D#.

Last edited:
Thanks to me at PG and my averaging 15 ast a game Marcus Thornton is averaging 28ppg and is Second in the MVP voting (behind me, pause) and 1st in voting for Most Improved Player but he isn't even mentioned on the list for West Guards All Star voting. Anybody know why or has this happened to anybody else?

I like plying nba today.. However it's stuck on December 12, 2012.. Is there anyway I can manually updated to today..

I'm on the fence abou the reach in steal patch. I feel it was definitely time to nerf it but MY GOD THIS IS OD. I should never be called for a reach in foul with my 1 guard regardless of who it is when Tyson Chandler is attempting to push a break on me. I almost broke a controller today

Last edited:
I'm on the fence abou the reach in steal patch. I feel it was definitely time to nerf it but MY GOD THIS IS OD. I should never be called for a reach in foul with my 1 guard regardless of who it is when Tyson Chandler is attempting to push a break on me. I almost broke a controller today

What's the point of having a level 3 pick pocket sig skill if every strip is called as a foul??? 7,000 VC wasted!

so.....I suck...have repeatedly taken 4-5 days off ps3 totally...use nets and bulls, it seems like everyone has jetted ahead of me. ineed some guru help

these online quick matches, is the shot set to real FG% or player timing? If its player timing I guess it would explain why these dudes online can stroke the 3 ball all game even with tight defense. :x Last game this dude would just try to get beasley at the top of the key and shoot the 3. :smh:

or is it the 3pt success rate slider set too high?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom