Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Might pick this up for PC this time around.
Just for the mods ...
My man. I think more of us need to make that move as well. I will be doing the same.

And RE: The J**** Man news. I hope since 2K knows this will bring in more casual fans they don't dumb the game down even more. I mean we already have people that go out and score 81 points with Deron Williams as it is now. We don't need any more of that. :nerd:

Improve the AI man.

I got bored with myplayer & wanted more CPU competition so I started over & put '98 Duncan & '95 Shaq on Philly. I'm on the Blazers.

Ducan tore his MCL is out for the season, but they still have Shaq. Or so I thought.

He got ONE post up the entire game, only THREE field goal attempts, and during the game it dawned on me that they were still running the offense as if Spencer Hawes was still the center & not Shaq.

Very very stupid.

Last edited:
lol. The hell is Jay-Z going to bring to the table (other than potentially money)?

It would make sense that he'd handle the soundtrack, but something tells me a 2K game isn't big enough to warrant a completely new track from Jay.

My gut tells me he'll just be used as a marketing tool in their ad campaign, but won't really do anything other than appear in the ads.

Improve the AI man.
I got bored with myplayer & wanted more CPU competition so I started over & put '98 Duncan & '95 Shaq on Philly. I'm on the Blazers.
Ducan tore his MCL is out for the season, but they still have Shaq. Or so I thought.
He got ONE post up the entire game, only THREE field goal attempts, and during the game it dawned on me that they were still running the offense as if Spencer Hawes was still the center & not Shaq.
Very very stupid.
That is a roster/tendency issue. Not an AI issue.

i hope they close the gap difference in AI on certain teams ..

example: you have a 2 on 1 fastbreak, guard with the rock and big man running too..nd when they approach the rim, said big man runs to the corner instead of to the rim...(doesnt happen with thunder and heat)

i also hate it when your playing defense, kinda roaming..you see the ball swinging, start in the direction of the guy who is gonna catch it last, nd some unknown force slows you down so said player is wide open for the 3...lame...

hate how pressing X once trying to steal completely takes u out the play...

cant wait for the hov...2k got MJ one year, hov the next....money moves...

<>
Everything you said. All that **** is dumb as **** mayne.

[h1]Jay-Z named 'NBA 2K' executive producer[/h1]
For rapper, CEO, clothing designer and Brooklyn Nets part-owner Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, “On to the Next One” isn’t just a song, but a way of life.

He’s moving on to a new industry to conquer, as 2K Sports has just named the 42-year-old entertainment mogul the executive producer of “NBA 2K13.” Carter has not only personally selected the game’s 24-song soundtrack, but he’s also been working with 2K designers on the overall look and feel of the game’s presentation.

“At 2K Sports, we want to transcend just being a video game and be a solid entertainment product with basketball at its core,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, when I asked him about Jay-Z’s involvement in the game. “This game has gotten so amazingly good from a gameplay standpoint, that we got together and asked what we could do to add to that, to support, and package around an already amazing game. We wanted to talk to people who were authentic to the sport of basketball, but also authentic to the world of entertainment and music and culture. Every time we sat down to make our lists, one guy kept rising to the top, and that’s Jay-Z.”

When the development team behind “NBA 2K13” approached Carter about possibly working on the game, he told them that he wanted the collaboration to be more than simply slapping his name on the front of the box.

http://“We actually got more collaborative involvement than I ever could’ve imagined,” said Argent as he broke down hour-long sessions with the development team sitting down with Jay-Z inside his New York office. “Jay has called at eight o’clock at night asking questions and telling us about some of his ideas that he wanted to put in the game. He’s very engaged with this, from the look to the feel to the flow to the creative presentation of the game. Jay wanted the experience from as soon as you load the game to feel like something he did and was something he was involved with. He was focused with everything off the court.”

One of the reasons for the enthusiastic response is the fact Jay-Z has been a big fan of the “NBA 2K” series for years.

Said Argent: “He’s a huge gamer and a huge fan of the series. He knew so much about it that he was even weighing in on certain aspects of gameplay, which was a huge surprise to us. He loves this franchise and you can tell just talking to him that he knows it very well and plays it very well. And that was a big deal to us. We wanted someone who was as engaged with the franchise as they were with the sport.

“This is obviously a big, big announcement for 2K Sports, but this is just the first announcement for ‘NBA 2K13.’ Everything from the feature set to the gameplay has taken another giant, incredible leap forward.”

And Carter seems to agree, adding via statement: “This has been a unique opportunity to collaborate with 2K Sports and be a part of one of the best sports video games in history. ‘NBA 2K13’ will be the next evolution in sports and basketball culture, and I’m ready to usher in the new era of the franchise.”

As for the soundtrack hand-picked by Jay-Z, here are the tracks you can expect to hear once the game drops on Oct. 2:

'NBA 2K13' soundtrack
The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
Phoenix: “1901”
Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
Kanye West: “Amazing”
Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
Nas: “The World is Yours”
Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
Justice: “Stress”
Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
U2: “Elevation”
Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)
Link

:stoneface: @ Jay

Put some of your classic tracks man: D'Evils, Friend or Foe '98, Bring it on, Threats, Dead Presidents, etc.

“Public Service Announcement, “The Bounce”, “Run This Town”, “Pump it Up” (Freestyle) are dope though

Needed a few more Nas tracks.

Daft Punk: “Around the World"

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

GOAT sports game soundtrack already,prob gonna cop based off that alone :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Shoulda added CLSmooth & Pete Rock - They Reminisce Over You

Last edited:
'NBA 2K13' soundtrack
The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
Phoenix: “1901”
Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
Kanye West: “Amazing”
Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
Justice: “Stress”
Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
U2: “Elevation”
Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)

Link

:stoneface: @ Jay
Put some of your classic tracks man: D'Evils, Friend or Foe '98, Bring it on, Threats, Dead Presidents, etc.
“Public Service Announcement, “The Bounce”, “Run This Town”, “Pump it Up” (Freestyle) are dope though
Daft Punk: “Around the World"
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Dame owns the rights to RD so don't expect any of that material on anything Jay.
Word is he refuses to do anything RD these days

I am in awe of that track list. Now I don't have to play music from my 360s hard drive anymore.

Last edited:
Welp.

The "big announcement" this week was in fact Jay-Z being the Executive Producer for 2k13.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

It's big news, but how 2k was hyping it up I thought the announcement would've pertained to gameplay or the inclusion of special teams like the Dream Team or the current USA team.

They better come through with the gameplay improvements.

The image of the Brooklyn Bridge shown in that teaser pic a while back now makes sense.

Patiently waiting now for the blogs to roll out.

Back
Top Bottom