Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Can't find a shot release/base I'm comfortable with on MyPlayer yet. Really holding me back.

If you go to player then select animations, you can choose a between a bunch of superstars' shooting form, i.e. Kobe, MJ, Bird, etc. It costs a little bit of VC but it's def worth it. I use Carmelo's shooting form and it's money.

I pitched the idea to 2K years ago that if they allowed a player to meet with the GM, he should have to at least be one of the best 3 players on the team.

Anything under than that you should only be allowed to meet with the coach and/or assistants.
I agree. I dont think you should be dictating anything right away.

I think they need to put more emphasis on coaching, they need to give us certain tasks and objectives and if we pass then we have more freedom.

If you go to player then select animations, you can choose a between a bunch of superstars' shooting form, i.e. Kobe, MJ, Bird, etc. It costs a little bit of VC but it's def worth it. I use Carmelo's shooting form and it's money.
Thanks, bout to look into it.

A couple things they need to patch is the score going away while playing online games and also the amount of ease some players just make 3's. Played against some cat yesterday who just went nut with iguadola, hitting 3's while im in his face smh

Did a VC exploit in myplayer and got my balance up to 23k VC in about 45 minutes. I was getting ~770 every 2 minutes. Details in spoiler.
1. Go to myplayer and play next key game (beneficial since the VC is doubled)
2. go hard this game, try to get milestones, dynamic goals, A+ grade (all will increase your total VC earned for that game)
3. at around 10-15 seconds left in the game, SAVE AND QUIT
4. start up myplayer again and it will put you back in that game where you saved but this time finish the game
5. you'll see how much VC you earned and when you press quit as usual you will see "VC earnings are being saved"
6. the trick is to not answer the interview question and dashboard out of the game or PS3 home button out of the game
7. the game only saves your progress if you answer the interview question
8. you'll be able to go back to myplayer and start that game again and repeat steps 4-6 and keep getting that same VC

:smokin

Did a VC exploit in myplayer and got my balance up to 23k VC in about 45 minutes. I was getting ~770 every 2 minutes. Details in spoiler.
2. go hard this game, try to get milestones, dynamic goals, A+ grade (all will increase your total VC earned for that game)
4. start up myplayer again and it will put you back in that game where you saved but this time finish the game
5. you'll see how much VC you earned and when you press quit as usual you will see "VC earnings are being saved"
6. the trick is to not answer the interview question and dashboard out of the game or PS3 home button out of the game
8. you'll be able to go back to myplayer and start that game again and repeat steps 4-6 and keep getting that same VC

:smokin

:wow: :pimp:

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Gonna try this with my next game cause I hate skipping games

Last edited:
DEFENSE STILL SUCKS.
What they improved with one-on-one defense, they ****** up with the help D. Rotations are god awful. Players are getting wide open looks left and right. Even when I see a pass coming from a mile away and MANUALLY go to rotate by switching to that defender, the game still has that stupid mechanic where the player is glued to the paint or walking in the other direction - he just DOESN'T run out.
My other complaint is that it seems sig skills have rendered good D useless in some cases anyway. You got players like Ray Allen and Kawhai Leonard even, draining 3's, even those few times the game does let me contest well.
Frustrating. Fix that stupid thing where the defender doesn't react quickly, and it will at least be on me for bad D.

PREACH MAN PREACH

I thought it was me, or the team. They need to patch this up soon. Dudes be in the lane for free layups and wide open 3s happen WAYYYYY to often

DEFENSE STILL SUCKS.

What they improved with one-on-one defense, they ****** up with the help D. Rotations are god awful. Players are getting wide open looks left and right. Even when I see a pass coming from a mile away and MANUALLY go to rotate by switching to that defender, the game still has that stupid mechanic where the player is glued to the paint or walking in the other direction - he just DOESN'T run out.

My other complaint is that it seems sig skills have rendered good D useless in some cases anyway. You got players like Ray Allen and Kawhai Leonard even, draining 3's, even those few times the game does let me contest well.

Frustrating. Fix that stupid thing where the defender doesn't react quickly, and it will at least be on me for bad D.

I agree completely. If you're playing a cheeser online you're in trouble, I'm trying to switch to the defender closest to the shooter, and these cats are suddenly stuck in quicksand. These dudes don't even turn around sometimes!

2KSports struggles with the concept of balance. It makes defending the fast break against teams like the Thunder damn near impossible.

Successful full court passes are back :smh: It's cherry picking city now.

smokin.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Im doing this now, but didnt want to use next key game to skip any...so this will probably take me a while.

All I want to do is not have to come out of pocket for a damn wristband
laugh.gif

DEFENSE STILL SUCKS.

I agree completely. If you're playing a cheeser online you're in trouble, I'm trying to switch to the defender closest to the shooter, and these cats are suddenly stuck in quicksand. These dudes don't even turn around sometimes!

2KSports struggles with the concept of balance. It makes defending the fast break against teams like the Thunder damn near impossible.

All of this, if you play on broadcast like I do and by the time the other team inbounds it, they are already running it to the basketball with two passes or have a wide open 3 because my guys get stuck in the traffic trying to set up for D.

Last edited:
DEFENSE STILL SUCKS.

All of this, if you play on broadcast like I do and by the time the other team inbounds it, they are already running it to the basketball with two passes or have a wide open 3 because my guys get stuck in the traffic trying to set up for D.
All of this and it not exclusive to online from my experience.

Had Aaron Affalo get 7 for 8 from 3 in Association.

Not gonna add anymore quotes but i do agree about the defense. No wonder most ppl i play shy away from playing on ball d. So annoying.

How do you increase the caps they have set for attributes? I'm tryna get lockdown defender on MyCareer but I can't upgrade past 90 for on ball defense.

On mycareer does anyone have trouble as I do with the cpu getting so many offensive rebounds ?  

How come everytime I'm on blacktop and I equip a custom shoe I make, when the game actually starts I'm back to wearing the 2k defaults? Do i need to be sponsored first to wear customs?

Can someone help me

In my career my PG is overall 69, sucks a little bit but his dunking is 77 and for some reason he doesnt wanna dunk at all

not even in practice shoot around, he just lays it up by himself

What am i doing wrong?

Can someone help me
In my career my PG is overall 69, sucks a little bit but his dunking is 77 and for some reason he doesnt wanna dunk at all
not even in practice shoot around, he just lays it up by himself
What am i doing wrong?
You need to equip the dunks in the edit player menu. If you want to dunk during games on a defender then you need higher dunk rating, vertical, and some signature skills.

Back
Top Bottom