• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Jackson's comments about the fan were hilarious.

"Lucky he didn't catch a 2 piece right there, get his goggles knocked off his face" :lol:

Makes me want to tune in to SC more often.

None of it is hate?!

Come on, man. Players get lost on defense and pass up layups for an assist every night. “Assist hunting, stealing rebounds” are used 90% of the time to throw shots at Russ, the other times it’s Bron. Dude averaged a triple double and the hate never stopped. Whether your goal is to get one from the jump or not, it’s still hard to actually go out there and do it.
Dude averaged one and got them most nights he played last season. Who else could’ve done that? Damn near every jab thrown at him in the last 12 hours gets a half dozen likes or thumbs up, probably from the same people. Be honest with yourself. It’s hate.

Don’t stop it though. Hate and the jokes about him and everybody else is what makes the thread.

Only for Russell Westbrook would 20 assist be looked at as a negative :lol:

The rebounding critique i get, but dudes are acting as if getting assist isn't helping to win games.. dudes bash him for shooting too much, then bash him for passing too much.

"OMG look at him helping to produce points, how dare he plan to do that"

Also Harden fans signaling out DEFENSE... WHAT A TIME :rofl:

The rebounding critique i get, but dudes are acting as if getting assist isn't helping to win games.. dudes bash him for shooting too much, then bash him for passing too much.

Harden is a better defender than Russ at this point.

Last edited:
Another funny thing bout Westbrook last night was he was assist hunting from jump , like his goal was to get 20 assists ( which he did ) :lol: ...only started really trying to get buckets in the 4th

He’s an interesting character

he loves to constantly pass the ball for assists now that durant isn’t there.

Harden a better defender than Russ at this point.

giphy.gif

Not Today with this foolishness

When you're halting the flow of the offense to chase stats yes I'm going to view it as a negative.

Russell Westbrook is one of the worst defenders on the league and I've been saying this for years simply because he never tries. Defense is heavily effort based and if you're not going to give any then I can't call you a good defender.

None of it is hate?!

Come on, man. Players get lost on defense and pass up layups for an assist every night. “Assist hunting, stealing rebounds” are used 90% of the time to throw shots at Russ, the other times it’s Bron. Dude averaged a triple double and the hate never stopped. Whether your goal is to get one from the jump or not, it’s still hard to actually go out there and do it.
Dude averaged one and got them most nights he played last season. Who else could’ve done that? Damn near every jab thrown at him in the last 12 hours gets a half dozen likes or thumbs up, probably from the same people. Be honest with yourself. It’s hate.

Don’t stop it though. Hate and the jokes about him and everybody else is what makes the thread.

Y’all need to help each other put your shirts back on and have some dignity

Another funny thing bout Westbrook last night was he was assist hunting from jump , like his goal was to get 20 assists ( which he did ) :lol: ...only started really trying to get buckets in the 4th

He’s an interesting character

Didn't look like that at all. He just missed hella layups and open shots.

When you're halting the flow of the offense to chase stats yes I'm going to view it as a negative.

Russell Westbrook is one of the worst defenders on the league and I've been saying this for years simply because he never tries. Defense is heavily effort based and if you're not going to give any then I can't call you a good defender.

Russ is a scorer & attacker, You may not like his style of play & that's fine... however it produces results & the end game of every possession is to get points & currently he's helping to Produce at least 45 Ppg for his team. OKC's offense is predicated on heavy Iso & "ball stopping" because they have the personnel to do it.

Russ is a league average defender, I'm not arguing that he's elite. However to say he's one of the worst defenders is a COMPLETE lie. Dudes will highlight a few plays here & there but that can be done for a lot of superstars. All of the defensive statistics lead to showing that at the very least average on defense, although i agree he has lapses where he doesn't stay focused or gambles for steals.

Russ is extra fun to make fun of because of how seriously he and his fans take himself. Like he’s the toughest, rawest, hardest guy there is on and off the court.

I used to appreciate him more back before so many fans started building him up to be something he’s not after KD left

Didn't dj contest more threes last year then Russ.
Isn't Russ bottom twenty iirc in overall contested shots this year. Dude is a trash defender . The it's just talk effort is irrelevant . Its like saying I'm smart but fail because I don't try.

Let me preface this by saying neither one of these guys is a good defender, however Russ is clearly a better defender then Harden

Opp Fg% as primary defender
Russ - 45.8
Harden - 47.5

Opp 3p% as Primary defender (you know because Russ constantly leaves guys open to rebound)
Russ- 35.3
Harden - 38.6

Opp Ppg per 100 Possesions
Russ - 103.1
Harden - 105.5

Opp fg% from 15 ft & down
Russ - 35.4
Harden - 39.8

But yea Harden is a better defender
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.