Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VDN did not havea single play in his playbook. And you guys must not ever read Clipper posts because most of us were angry that VDN was getting credit for the 17 gm win streak when it was mostly CP3 coaching the entire time. Check every 4th Quarter of a close game the last two seasons. CP3 iso's. That's VDN's go to play :lol:

What I really love is how everyone said the Clippers wouldn't do anything because they had a terrible coach but now that he's gone you guys are defending him. I would have rather missed the playoffs last year if it meant VDN would have been fired prior to this season. We were doomed from the start.

I wouldn't blame the 1st round exit on him tho because we would have definitely won that series had Blake been healthy.

Last edited:
333cvhh.jpg

:lol:

Plenty of Clippers fans have had issues win VDN for a long time. Most of have long been complaining about the stagnant, predictable half court offense. But we were willing to give home the benefit of the doubt because we were winning. That ended for me with the playoff loss to the Grizz. Sure, it wasn't completely his fault, but he made a lot of mistakes that cost us. His line up management was atrocious by continuing to play Jordan, Billups and Butler when they were all playing like crap. Then there was not doubling Z-Bo until game 6. So, yeah, while you can't put all the blame on Vinny, I firmly believe that we would have had a better shot in that series with a better coach.

Who was the report the other day that Sterling was in San An watchin Hollins in case he gets let go?

Either way, good for LAC, Vinny was always going to limit them, now the shackles are off.

Nate McMillan? I don't think a Scott/CP3 reunion would be in order, but he's an LA guy. One of the Van Gundy's be lured in? :nerd:

Hoping to see a Spurs and Heat NBA Finals so Lebron may have an opportunity at redemption after a humiliating 2007 NBA Finals where the spurs had just dominated that series

Where did the Lionel Hollins stuff sprout from? He's currently coaching in the WCF but he's always getting mentioned for the coaching vacancies

Where did the Lionel Hollins stuff sprout from? He's currently coaching in the WCF but he's always getting mentioned for the coaching vacancies
Cause he's getting a new contract this year and since there will be a lot of suitors people are wondering will Memphis pay the big price tag if they get eliminated this round. I don't know if Memphis has a history of being cheap just saying what's been said.

Who was the report the other day that Sterling was in San An watchin Hollins in case he gets let go?

Either way, good for LAC, Vinny was always going to limit them, now the shackles are off.

Nate McMillan? I don't think a Scott/CP3 reunion would be in order, but he's an LA guy. One of the Van Gundy's be lured in? :nerd:

Our front office doesn't think so :smh:

Any coach that stomps his feet and tries to distract the opposing player is the definition of a clown

The lottery is so rigged how has the team with the best odds only won it 4 times in 25+ years with a 50% chance to win it

I be playing 2k and they have the same odds and the top team wins it more often

Lol honestly my guess is the suns win it but oh well

Pending on what happens this round, Memphis may or may not re-sign Hollins. He's pretty much been a toss up for the past few seasons. He's part of the reason why we are successful, but Joerger (our assistant) is leader of our defense along with the acquisition of Tony Allen. I do give Hollins the credit for developing Conley, though.

It wouldn't surprise me that they the new front office went with Joerger as their new coach if Hollins ended up losing this series in 4-5 games or just gets completely out coached by Pop. Memphis would get flamed for it, but I they will be fine next year without him.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 55m
Obvious top candidates for Clippers job: Alvin Gentry, Byron Scott, Mike Malone, Brian Shaw, Lionel Hollins

I also hear that Jeff Van Gundy is in the mix. Sloan has not been mentioned by anyone as a candidate that I'm aware of, which is ok with me.

He doesn't have a contract for next year.

Memphis is definitely keeping that man, he's developed their current squad.

ESPN's "Sources:"

Sources say the Grizzlies remain determined to sign Hollins to a new deal after the playoffs. Contract discussions were mutually tabled by both sides until the postseason plays out, but that does expose Memphis to a high-dollar offer from Brooklyn in July that gets Hollins' attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom