Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope the Jazz are smart enough not to move Favors / Kanter, nice duo to build with.

Yeah, I think it's more likely Milsap and/or Jefferson gets moved for an upgrade at the guard position for the Jazz.

Assuming CP3 re-signs, I wouldn't mind the Clippers offering Bledsoe to the Jazz for Jefferson, but another team would have to get involved because the Clippers would also have to trade Jordan, who is no use to the Jazz.

Kings gonna win the lotto. Stern always picks his fav. Team number 1 and he proves how much he loves them already

thats good except for the return of the obnoxious kings fans :smh:

and something tells me you are just bitter because if they had moved to seattle they probably would have got the first pick as well...

Pacers steal game one or two. This will be a pretty decent series I see Indy taking them to seven games.

if the pacers win game 1 the heat will win the series in 5. if the pacers fail to win game 1 the heat will sweep them.

nothing about the pacers this playoffs has shown any type of chance for them to beat the heat..

Phil Jackson on The Dan Patrick Show (5/21/13)

Phil Jackson joined the show to talk about his new book “Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success.”

Dan asked Jackson what would it have taken for him to be the Lakers coach right now. He said he wasn’t sure he could win another title and he certainly didn’t want to lose in the Finals, because that was very painful.

Jackson talked about the differences between coaching a star-laden veteran team and a young team. He said that the Bulls were very young early in his career there.

Jackson talked about some of the challenges Michael Jordan faces in Charlotte and the problems with mid-major markets. He said that it’s hard to get free agents in certain cities, unless you overpay them. So you have to work through the Draft, which means younger players.

Jackson also talked about his Jordan-Kobe Bryant comparison. Jackson said that Jordan had a unique ability to sit back and let other people get involved. Jackson noted Jordan knew how to finish games even when he wasn’t playing well. Whereas certain times Kobe would will himself into the game no matter what the circumstance is. Jackson explained that he had a different relationship with Kobe than Michael. He said he coached Kobe when he was just about 21 and he was there to learn. He said Kobe was very attentive and he had to preach patience to the young player.

Jackson also talked about coaching Shaquille O’Neal.”Shaq was pretty hard-headed,” Jackson said. “But it was pretty easy to be positive with him. Everything about this offense was to get the ball inside.”

Jackson said there was real tension between Shaq and Kobe about leadership and who was the man. He said that they competed in that sense.

Jackson had advice for how the Lakers can build this current team. “You have to play into Dwight Howard,” Jackson said. He said the offense has to come through the middle more, but Jackson noted that’s not Mike D’Antoni’s style.

Jackson talked about the Seattle franchise. He really liked potential owner Chris Hansen. “His vision I could buy into,” Jackson said. Jackson said Hansen offered him any role he wanted in the front office.

Jackson said that he got an offer to coach Brooklyn. He said that’s a good situation, but he didn’t take it. The Knicks did not make him an offer.

Jackson talked about Carmelo Anthony. “Carmelo is a terrific player,” Jackson said. Jackson thinks he could play in his system, but would be worried if he tried to score outside the system.

Of all the teams in the Lottery i expect the hornets to make the biggest leap... def not playoffs but 35-40 wins isn't out the question for them. with Vazques, A.Davis, Ryan Anderson, and Gordon... I think they have a Very solid core

Wojbomb: Vinny del Negro fired.

Clips saw that D12/CP3 in Atlanta report and acted with the quickness :lol:

Last edited:
Dudes will completely ignore the point of a post to continue their Bron slander, the post wasn't about MJ scoring x amount of points because he said he would it was showing that players will take something small nd use it for a lil extra fire

Okay, so now read that again, where it says JORDAN made that up, to use as extra motivation. Now LeBron sounds like his *** got offended by a reporter misquote. Can you see the difference?

Lol seiously, dudes are so dense here sometimes

Calling me dense, yet the comparison is absolutely nothing alike, with one making things up to use fuel for fire and the other getting his feelings hurt for a reporter misquoting another coach. Can YOU see the difference, or are you too "dense"

A year too late.

Now Malone is being considered for virtually every HC opening.

CP3 and D12 could only team up in Atlanta or Dallas, right? Houston would have to move Asik and/or Lin, I assume.

Wojbomb: Vinny del Negro fired.
tumblr_makt6poANU1qcp4ue.gif

Last edited:
A year too late.

Now Malone is being considered for virtually every HC opening.

CP3 and D12 could only team up in Atlanta or Dallas, right? Houston would have to move Asik and/or Lin, I assume.

Houston sign and trade to anyteam thats dumb enough to take lin :nerd:

I'm not saying Del Negro is a great coach, but I think it's funny how Clip fans put 100% of the blame for their 1st round exit on him...as if the players weren't out there playing.

Dudes got man handled, nothing Vinny could of done.

But every team needs a scape goat, word to Mike Brown, _'Antoni, Stan Van Gundy.

VDN is just not a good HC.

He won't get you to conference championships or Finals appearances/victories.

The way that Clippers roster is assembled, they should be there or close.

I'm not saying Del Negro is a great coach, but I think it's funny how Clip fans put 100% of the blame for their 1st round exit on him...as if the players weren't out there playing.

Dudes got man handled, nothing Vinny could of done.

But every team needs a scape goat, word to Mike Brown, _'Antoni, Stan Van Gundy.

Exactly. Sure he had a hard time handling the depth of that team, but no one was complaining when they went on that 17 (?) game win streak. Its not his fault Jordan was useless, but I guess you could say its his fault that he did not play Bledsoe more in that series. Bledsoe use to single handedly rip Memphis apart, but he always seemed to limit his minutes and not realize how effective he was against us.

And how exactly was VDN going to make their big men better? When you have a PG like Paul, he's going to pretty much run the show anyways. They got the 3rd seed with VDN and made it to the 2nd round last year with him. I want to see them keep the exact same team and see where a new coach gets them next season.

Last edited:
I think you have a better chance making the conference championship with Malone or Shaw than VDN.

Just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom