Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody watching that feature on bosh on espn??? Can we get a gif of him at the beginning when he cooking and makes that suspect face
his watch is a dime......and dat mass too 
mean.gif
pimp.gif

Two men allege they were beaten after taking photo of Blazers’ Damian Lillard

KGW.com reports that the two men, who have been identified as Jermaine and Philemon Ulinwa, claim that the 2013 Rookie of the Year took exception to having his photograph taken and that served as the trigger point of a fight.

One brother told KGW the beating happened as a result of a picture that he snapped with his cell phone after he spotted the basketball star walking toward a parking lot with several other people.

“And his entourage just turned around too and they’re like ‘Did you just take a picture of Damian Lillard?’ And I was like … ‘Yeah, I did.’ And so I saw that he was clearly upset, they were upset and I was like, ‘Can I apologize to him? Like I’ll go up right now and apologize to him,’” the brother said.

Within minutes, he says the discussion became an all-out fight which did not involve Lillard but did involve others that the brothers believe were part of Lillard’s group. When the second brother stepped in to help his brother, he says he was punched and kicked repeatedly, enough to break his nose and require stitches in his lip.
Link

Lillard, 22, was the unanimous 2013 Rookie of the Year and a unanimous selection to the 2013 All-Rookie First Team. He was also named the NBA’s Community Assist Award winner for March in recognition of his “Respect Pledge” anti-bullying campaign.

“It’s an honor to receive this award and I hope that it will bring even more attention to the Respect campaign,” Lillard said in a statement. “I’ve seen too many of the negative effects that bullying has on people, especially kids. Now that I’ve learned how many people look up to us as NBA players, I want to make the most of it by getting behind positive initiatives like anti-bullying.”

Last edited:
Pacers are not scared. Don't know why fans in general get so upset. These men are the best at what they do.

The Heat will be challenged finally.

This damn schedule. STEEEERRRNNN!!!

Had a similar experience with Tay and Ben Wallace at Kiss & Fly in the Meatpacking District (NYC).

Neither player was crazy about taking photographs.

Memphis shouldn't even trip. Last year the Spurs and OKC series flipped after game 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again this year.

I think the only people tripping are the ones who think the series is over after Game 1 :lol: . Memphis played another uncharacteristic game, just like they did vs. the Clippers in Game 1 and OKC. It will not shock me if we win Game 2 or its a game that goes down to the wire. Even if they lose, I see them taking the two games in Memphis regardless. It will be tough though.

At least you're committed :smokin

Man you aint een know it

Well if he wins or loses its whatever, at the end i still have to go back to my miserable life :lol:

Only thing i want to stop happening is after the nba champs are crowned all the blogs and sportswriter become slaves of the moment

And they make some claim that shows that, eventually by the end of the year we will hear lebron is the greatest player of all time

Last edited:
**** the Heat.

LMAOOOO!!
:rofl:

How about them lakers bro!

I saw they had a great game yesterday.

Oh wait,

:rofl:

Yall some savages

By the time the ECF come around i'm reviving/restarting the Heat/Lebron Hater Unification thread

We need the stars to align for the Heat to lose this series and ima do my part

You know the Heat ain't losing bruh.

You don't even hate the Heat.

:lol:

It's weird LeBron is doing what some of your favorite basketball players have done for years and is getting vilified. MJ's whole career is fueled by various perceived slights.

Smith, who averaged just 9.3 PPG for the season, went on to light up MJ for a career-high 37 points. He connected on 15 of his 20 field goals and was a perfect 7-of-7 from the free-throw line.

The Bulls, however, still won the game, 104-99. Jordan got the win, but he wasn't very pleased with the fact that he allowed an unknown player like Smith to drop so many points on him.

Following the game, Jordan claimed that Smith mocked him by saying, "Nice game, Mike." Jordan then supposedly promised people he would match Smith's 37 points in the first half of the two teams' next meeting, which was the very next day.

In the second game, this time at the Bullets' Capital Centre, Jordan almost followed through on his promise as he scored 36 points by halftime. He would finish with 47 and his Bulls cruised to a 126-101 victory.

Smith, the hero of the previous night's game, had just 15 points.

Jordan admitted years later that Smith never made the "nice game" comment. He made it all up. He apparently just needed more motivation to get Smith back for embarrassing him.

But since LeBron is doing it, it's a problem.

Sounds like Coach K is leaning towards another 3 year commitment with Team USA taking him through the next Olympics 
nthat.gif

Can't wait for the FIBA World Championships next year......

International basketball is pretty much the only time when all of NT NBA fans have one thing in common and cheer for the same team 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I'm glad the bobcat name is leaving, it never really caught on in the first place. Now for this pelican talk.
some people say the previous owner named the team after himself cause his name was Bob
laugh.gif

Yea same here. Bobcats just feels like it should be a college team. Pelican's is probably AFL2.
Pelicans = Create a team in Madden
It's weird LeBron is doing what some of your favorite basketball players have done for years and is getting vilified. MJ's whole career is fueled by various perceived slights.
Jordan does no wrong brah
laugh.gif

Smith, who averaged just 9.3 PPG for the season, went on to light up MJ for a career-high 37 points. He connected on 15 of his 20 field goals and was a perfect 7-of-7 from the free-throw line.

The Bulls, however, still won the game, 104-99. Jordan got the win, but he wasn't very pleased with the fact that he allowed an unknown player like Smith to drop so many points on him.

Following the game, Jordan claimed that Smith mocked him by saying, "Nice game, Mike." Jordan then supposedly promised people he would match Smith's 37 points in the first half of the two teams' next meeting, which was the very next day.

In the second game, this time at the Bullets' Capital Centre, Jordan almost followed through on his promise as he scored 36 points by halftime. He would finish with 47 and his Bulls cruised to a 126-101 victory.

Smith, the hero of the previous night's game, had just 15 points.

Jordan admitted years later that Smith never made the "nice game" comment. He made it all up. He apparently just needed more motivation to get Smith back for embarrassing him.
Dudes are now like.....
Repped!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom