Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike D.Rose, I'm Backkkkk (from suspension)...
pimp.gif

What did I miss besides the same ol' bickering AntLdope?
nerd.gif
should have got the IP ban like your boy

Reactions: HIM
i dont think what Vogel said was all that bad, not BB material. He's just expressing confidence and putting the championship as #1 priority in focus, not beating the Heat or winning the ECF. That said, the media blew it up, and how Bron responded the way he did comes off as sensitive.
Exactly how I see it. Hes just expressing that the championship is the only thing that matters, tunnel vision.

Lebron took Vogel's comments way out of context. I understand why other ppl hate this dude now.
Agree with your first sentence.

His comments were taken way too far. Of all people, the coach isn't going to intentionally call you out in the way that you took it LeBron. Especially not Vogel. :lol:

all i know is imma be tight if hibbert gets called for all those fouls against the heat that he got away with vs the knicks

The thing is with interviews you never hear the question or how its phrased. You only hear the answer.

I'd be willing to bet the reporter baited Lebron.

all i know is imma be tight if hibbert gets called for all those fouls against the heat that he got away with vs the knicks
He had 5 fouls in 4 of the 6 games against NYK

And now he'll be guarding Bosh, who's too fast for him, and he'll be helping on Bron drives while possibly being out of position from the start cause he has to worry about Bosh at the top of the key.

Look for him to foul out at least once

Last edited:
He had 5 fouls in 4 of the 6 games against NYK

And now he'll be guarding Bosh, who's too fast for him, and he'll be helping on Bron drives while possibly being out of position from the start cause he has to worry about Bosh at the top of the key.

Look for him to foul out at least once
Hibbert is def gonna foul out at least once.

Bosh is gonna pull him out the paint but the Heat also attack the paint more.

Bobcats announcing change to Hornets at 6pm tomorrow
Well, it's going to get pretty weird for you guys when I continue to refer to New Orleans as the Hornets because I refuse to use "Pelicans."

Last edited:
Jesus, they're changing that quick to the Hornets? I thought it was a plan way down the road.

Kidd-Gilchrist Bobcats jerseys are about to be trendy.

Hibbert should at least foul out twice... the only way I see it being once is if the series only goes 4 games. :lol:

Lebron took Vogel's comments way out of context. I understand why other ppl hate this dude now.
To be fair, it was typical media garbage where they present a quote entirely out of context. He took the bait though.
Midas whale get tight right now then (pause). Dude is gonna have 2 fouls during warm-ups.

Vogel said he never adjusted in the series against the Knicks or the Hawks . That they just played their game. This is gonna be the exact reason of their downfall against the Heat.

Vogel is just showing his team that he isn't scared of what any other team does, he isn't going to bow down to the heat and be afraid of them. Of course he is going to make adjustments during the series he is just sending a message

Last edited:
Memphis shouldn't even trip. Last year the Spurs and OKC series flipped after game 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again this year.

From BDL:

Here's what Indiana Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said after his team won Game 6 against the New York Knicks on Saturday night to earn an Eastern Conference finals matchup with the top-seeded Miami Heat, who ousted Indiana in the second round of last year's postseason:
"This is not about getting back at Miami," Vogel said. "If you're in the final four, you're competing for a championship. You're competing for a championship. And they're just the next team that's in our way."

Here's how that quote was misrepresented to Heat star LeBron James after Miami's practice on Sunday, according to FOX Sports Florida's Chris Tomasson:
Reporter to LeBron: “Vogel kept saying last night that you guys are just another team."

And here's how LeBron responded to that (which, again, is totally not what Vogel said):
“We’re not just another team. I don’t understand what he’s saying. But we’re not just another team. It’s not true. [...] We’re not just another team. We’re a great team. We’re very confident. We’ll be ready for them. But if we’re just another team, you really don’t prepare for just another team. We’re not just another team. You got to be prepared for us."

Here's how Vogel responded to James' response to something he never even said, as related by Pacers.com's Scott Agness on Monday morning:
"Sorry sports world, the words 'just another team' never came out of my mouth," he said. "Great respect for LBJ and the champs. Looking forward to [a] great series."

Last edited:
Why should Vogel and the Pacers adjust for two jump shooting teams? Jump shooting teams don't prosper in the playoffs. If a team wants to shoot 35 ft jump shots in the playoffs be my guest.

Last edited:
99.9% he was told by the reporter and did not read it from himself

You think LeBron is browsing the Internet for his quotes?

Lol

Lebron is very active in the social media world. I think he already found out what Vogel said before the report approach him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom