Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From BDL:

Here's what Indiana Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said after his team won Game 6 against the New York Knicks on Saturday night to earn an Eastern Conference finals matchup with the top-seeded Miami Heat, who ousted Indiana in the second round of last year's postseason:
"This is not about getting back at Miami," Vogel said. "If you're in the final four, you're competing for a championship. You're competing for a championship. And they're just the next team that's in our way."

Here's how that quote was misrepresented to Heat star LeBron James after Miami's practice on Sunday, according to FOX Sports Florida's Chris Tomasson:
Reporter to LeBron: “Vogel kept saying last night that you guys are just another team."

And here's how LeBron responded to that (which, again, is totally not what Vogel said):
“We’re not just another team. I don’t understand what he’s saying. But we’re not just another team. It’s not true. [...] We’re not just another team. We’re a great team. We’re very confident. We’ll be ready for them. But if we’re just another team, you really don’t prepare for just another team. We’re not just another team. You got to be prepared for us."

Here's how Vogel responded to James' response to something he never even said, as related by Pacers.com's Scott Agness on Monday morning:
"Sorry sports world, the words 'just another team' never came out of my mouth," he said. "Great respect for LBJ and the champs. Looking forward to [a] great series."

"just another team" =/= "just the next team". i can see why he took it somewhat personally, but even still i didnt think it shouldve upset Bron so much to say all that

Last edited:
Regardless of what Vogel said. The Heat will win game 1 by 16+.

A lot of fouls will be called in Heat favor.

roll.gif

Unlike D.Rose, I'm Backkkkk (from suspension)... :pimp:

What did I miss besides the same ol' bickering AntLdope? :nerd:

should have got the IP ban like your boy

False

:pimp: preciate' the support Jump.

Regarding the whole Vogel/LeBron thing...who honestly cares about what Vogel said? Was LeBron going to NOT come out ready if Coach hadnt spoken to the media? We're the heat already not favorites to win it all before Vogel opened his mouth? Was LeBron already not playing like an MVP for the last 6 months before he got "fired up" by Vogels comments?

I just don't get it. Lebron was gonna come out ready either way, why is he getting so offended about a meaningless quote?

Are people really going to blame Vogel if the Heat win the series for adding fuel to the fire? SMFH. The Heat and LeBron didn't need Vogels comments to be fired up, they're like 42-3 in their last 45 damn games for gods sake. :smh:

watch the Bobcats end up with the #1 pick tomorrow (in a weak draft with no clear cut #1) after years of getting ****** out of the #1 pick when they should have gotten it probably twice by now :lol:

T-Will had a kid when he was 16? All bad. :smh:

I had such high hopes for him when he got into the NBA. My hope renewed after he got a gig in Boston this year.

Now, I'm just disappointed.

i dont think what Vogel said was all that bad, not BB material. He's just expressing confidence and putting the championship as #1 priority in focus, not beating the Heat or winning the ECF. That said, the media blew it up, and how Bron responded the way he did comes off as sensitive.

This

What do you want Vogel to say? We're just happy to be here and finish 2nd in the East is fine by me....dude should be confident

Not sure if this has been posted but!

-edit- just kidding, it's been posted, but here's more info!

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_t...e-announcement-to-hornets-coming-tuesday.html
[h3]Charlotte Bobcats name-change announcement to Hornets coming Tuesday[/h3]
    The Charlotte Bobcats will make it official Tuesday that they want to change their nickname, a team source told the Observer Monday.

Sources already confirmed the Bobcats are moving ahead with plans to become the Charlotte Hornets as soon as the 2014-15 season. That would require NBA approval, but that shouldn’t be much trouble with the New Orleans Hornets giving up that nickname to become the Pelicans.

Incoming NBA commissioner Adam Silver has said it would take a minimum of about 18 months to rebrand a franchise. That roughly coincides with the timetable to start playing as the Hornets in the fall of 2014.

The original Hornets played here from 1988 to 2002, and thousands have advocated a name change for the expansion team that replaced the Hornets here in 2004. The Hornets’ teal-and-purple gear is still among the more popular color schemes in the NBA.

CBSsports.com reported Friday night that the NBA was actively acquiring digital rights to names associated with a new “Charlotte Hornets’’ brand. The Observer confirmed Saturday morning that the team had decided it wants to become the Hornets. A Bobcats source said the timing of Tuesday’s announcement has been in the works for several weeks and is not in reaction to news reports over the weekend.

Team owner Michael Jordan will be at the announcement, planned for 6 p.m. Tuesday at Time Warner Cable Arena. That will coincide with the NBA holding its annual draft lottery.

The lottery will be held in New York at 8:30 and televised on ESPN. As the team with the NBA’s second-worst record last season (21-61), the Bobcats can pick no worse than fifth when the weighted lottery is settled.

Last edited:
Anybody watching that feature on bosh on espn??? Can we get a gif of him at the beginning when he cooking and makes that suspect face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom