Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Hibbert with the grown man game

21, 15, 5

:x

and on cue, Paul George has a terrible game lol

All season and it's only January :lol:

Don't see any of that pwnage tonight. I do see bush league tactics, bad passing and limited offense from that bish boy! :pimp:

Last edited:
@ramonashelburne Dwight: "If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male. Just be who you are."
@ramonashelburne Dwight: "It's not about making your mark or going around pissing everywhere. You don't have to do that."
@ramonashelburne Dwight: "My presence is felt every day and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people."
@ramonashelburne Dwight: Dwight: "They [teammates] like when I come in, have fun, and enjoy myself. If they can't do it, it's not a great working environment."
Gee, I wonder who Dwight could be talking about? :lol:
I don't think he was talking about anyone in particular. Based on this article it sounded like he was just answering questions

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...oward-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other
Son, he was lowkey going for Kobe's neck :lol:
How so? He wasn't just spouting off, obviously there were asking him certain questions. I doubt he was even thinking about Kobe, he was just explaining his own perspective on the questions he was being asked. So if my friend likes Pepsi and I like Coke, I'm taking shots at him for stating that I like Coke?

Ya'll are trying way too hard to see something that isn't there..

They actually asked him about if he was a "Alpha Male"

And I find nothing wrong with his answer. Some guys are not trying to be that type of guy. And if that isn't who he is, I don't want him to act like he is.

Last edited:
I meant in previous meeting. We were flat in this game. It happens

We can say the same thing after winning 17 straight and losing @DEN & @GSW plus we just played the mighty lake show last night while yall been chillin in LA for days.

flat? Pfffft

You obviously never played basketball before. Doesn't matter how many days off :lol:

Teams have off nights

I don't buy that Dwight was just offhandedly saying that. Seems like they, as a team, have some serious chemistry issues.

And that's not just me as a Celtics fan :lol:

It's not an excuse clippers are playing like they should. They are clearly the best in the league

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

I don't buy that Dwight was just offhandedly saying that. Seems like they, as a team, have some serious chemistry issues.

And that's not just me as a Celtics fan :lol:

When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

Howard was then asked if he thought he had the same kind of alpha male personality as O'Neal.

"You can't look at it as the alpha male. It's basketball. We're not a pack of wolves," Howard said.

Then

"There's different ways to lead a team. Sometimes you have to follow to learn how to lead. I've done an excellent job with guys of being somebody they can all come to if they have a problem.

"But if they're not working the way they need to work, I'm the guy that will tell 'em, 'Hey, you need to get in the weight room or get some extra shots up.' That's where I come in. I don't have to bark about it to you guys (reporters) or to the team."

Howard then explained what his definition of an "alpha male" is.

"If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male," he said. "Just be who you are. You come in the room, people know you're there.

"My presence is felt every day, and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people. I don't have to do all that."

Instead, he said he tries to create a happy, enjoyable work environment.

"(My teammates) like when I come in, have fun and enjoy myself. Because they want to have fun and enjoy themselves, too," Howard said. "If they can't do it, it's not a great working environment.

"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."

He was stating what he thinks of himself.

But we'll see how long ESPN runs with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom