Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Phil put a ring on it oooooooooh **** that's gonna be an interesting wedding.

Didn't expect it to happen.

Last edited:
Jamal Crawford might not even be the most valuable sixth man on the Clippers. It's no slight to him, either. Matt Barnes has been effective defending and slashing to the basket. Eric Bledsoe won't get the minutes to warrant the award, but he's really improved and turned himself into a competent point guard. Hell, Lamar Odom has seemed to have found a pulse lately. He's a jump shot away from really looking like 2011 Odom.

with Bledsoe I don't know if it's the injury of maybe he's just overrated but he hasn't been able to make any kind of wide open shot or layup for the past month. and Odom uses the beginning of the season to get in shape, look for him to be lights out from 3 around feb/march. The one year he came to camp in shape is when he won 6th man

As strange as it sounds, does ai deserve a spot in the hof?
More than any of the players we've discussed 
laugh.gif

We all know that his career ended less than gracefully, despite the tremendous impact he provided.

The crazy is part is this:should a future Hall of Famer have to struggle to earn a spot in the league? He successfully black balled himself from the league so I can see certain higher ups giving him grief about a hof nod.

im finally glad people are realizing that Jarrett Jack should be up there for winning the 6th man of the year. i remember mentioning it in this thread and had no support :smh: i also think he's a big reason why curry is having such a great season too

JR Smith and Jack are my picks as of RIGHT NOW...Still a long season, we'll see.

Do the Knicks need Smith more or does GSW need Jack more? My vote goes to Jack.

The Knicks would barely be above .500 if it wasn't for JR.

Haven't seen enough of the W's to say much on Jack, though.

We all know that his career ended less than gracefully, despite the tremendous impact he provided.

The crazy is part is this:should a future Hall of Famer have to struggle to earn a spot in the league? He successfully black balled himself from the league so I can see certain higher ups giving him grief about a hof nod.

yeah that is crazy that a future HOF player can't get a spot in the league but there's probably a reason for that, something that we don't know.. But I don't think that will hurt him getting in the HOF.. He's first ballet IMO

with Bledsoe I don't know if it's the injury of maybe he's just overrated but he hasn't been able to make any kind of wide open shot or layup for the past month. and Odom uses the beginning of the season to get in shape, look for him to be lights out from 3 around feb/march. The one year he came to camp in shape is when he won 6th man

Bledsoe is a one trick pony. If the NBA was a pick up game he would excel. He has no real skill or talent. He's supremely built and highly athletic. However, he can't handle, he can't shoot, he can't defend, and because of his size he can't finish. Often times in the half court, if he even tries to make a play for himself and others its a TO or a bad play waiting to happen. Bledsoe, if we're being honest just can't play basketball that well if we're going to call it what it is. He's quite frustrating to watch on the offensive end.

LO is a good basketball player. He's not all the way there offensively, but watching him play lately, he's out there just playing basketball and making good basketball plays. If he keeps on this path, eventually one of these months, i'm confident his statistics will reflect this.

That sixth man award has to go to JR Smith btw. He's playing superb basketball. Not to say the other nominees aren't, but he's doing it at a higher volume than those guys, and thus far this season, hasn't really slowed down as oppose to Jamal Crawford. I think Jarret Jack deserves consideration, but I think the Knicks will be a top 3 seed in the east, while I think him along with the Warriors will slide a bit before the season is all set and done.

As strange as it sounds, does ai deserve a spot in the hof?

:lol: what? I guarantee 5 years from the exact moment he announces he's done he'll be first ballot. Revolutionary talents normally are first ballots, and I won't even bring up the portfolio.

You really are asking if A.I. deserves a spot in the HoF? Not if he's first ballot or not, (which he is) but if he DESERVES A SPOT? Man Chris Mullins has a spot in the HoF, and that's no knock on him. But if he has a spot in the HoF...

Speaking of Hall of Fame, can't wait for Gary Payton to be inducted this year. His speech could be legendary. And he's gonna rep the Sonics like crazy.

Shawn Marion is another guy that will find himself in the HOF. Very good numbers, impactful play and was a part of very good teams throughout his career.
Shawn Marion should not even be able to sniff the Hall of Fame. The only reason why he's amassed those numbers is because he's been in the L so long. He's cracked 20 ppg for a season only TWICE and double digit rebounds only four different seasons in his long career. And he's been a role player on every team he's been on. He's had a decent career but not HOF worthy. At this rate, we will have to consider Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, Rasheed Wallace, and Lamar Odom too. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom