Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Marion is another guy that will find himself in the HOF. Very good numbers, impactful play and was a part of very good teams throughout his career.

Marion is NOT in the same class as those other guys. He's being put in the same category as first ballot Hall of Famers.

He'll get in though, but it wont be first or second ballot.

Too many games in a short time span:smh: . We just looked tired out there
4 games in 5 nights with a 7 game winning streak going on. Pop def plans ahead though, so you can assume he came prepared for this game.

Spurs had the game at hand, but they just ran out of energy and couldn't stop the offensive surge from NY by the end of the 3rd. NY punched San Antonio in the mouth by the 4th and Pop took out his starting lineup soon after.

Good game, San Antonio. You guys move the ball very well. Too bad you couldn't knock down more open shots. Going forward, you wonder if more teams are going to play San Antonio this way? New York took away the drive and dared San Antonio to shoot.
They looked dead tired from the minute I started watching. The points in the paint disparity proves it. It was everyone wanted to be Gary Neal out there, just chucking and chucking and chucking. At some point you have to realize that the shots arent falling and attack the basket, and only Tiago was doing it.
Shawn Marion is another guy that will find himself in the HOF. Very good numbers, impactful play and was a part of very good teams throughout his career.
I've heard arguments for him before but I just cant see it, Hes going to get his Jersey retired somewhere though. I'm loving this obscure HoF discussion, this might need its own thread.
If we're going to talk non high profile HoF candidates then Manu Ginobli has to be mentioned. He should without a doubt go.

JR Smith may be the leading candidate for 6th man of the year so far.

Never thought I'd say that.
I'd give it to Jarrett Jack but I will say that this will be the most interesting 6th man race I've ever seen. Jack, Smith, and Crawford are going to be fighting for it
Its going to come down to Crawford and J.R at the end. Jack will come down to Earth and the Warriors will as well. W's are def a good team though.

It all depends on who has the better record IMO. Probably go to Crawford.
I dont want to see Crawford get it, this is one time where I'm in support of voter fatigue. This isnt an award where someone should be winning it multiple times IMO. The whole point of award is to say "This guy is such a good bench player, that he should really be a starter" which I know isnt the case with the way the 6th man position is utilized but one guy winning it twice would devalue the award to me.

How is Manu a lock but tony not? :lol:
They both are locks btw. At some point after their playing days are done, they'll be there.

Manu has the better international accolades. And I think Parker is too but it's more questionable and you never hear about Parker.

Manu has the better international accolades. And I think Parker is too but it's more questionable and you never hear about Parker.

Yeah but parker is a multiple time all star, multiple nba champion, finals mvp and he's been all NBA. That alone puts him in the HoF.

Speaking of HOF

Andre Miller hits a mid-range jumper for his 15,000th career point. He is 8th player in #NBA history with 15K+ points and 7,500+ assists. 15,000th career point. He is 8th player in #NBA history with 15K+ points and 7,500+ assists.

:nerd:

I gotta be honest I couldn't care less about all star game appearances. It's meaningless to me

Basic game getting in too? It's just the hall of pretty good

And someho wbernard king can't get in

Last edited:
With all due respect to J.R. Smith, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, etc. I think Jarrett Jack would be the Sixth Man of the Year at the moment. While the others are mostly asked to score, Jack does too, as well as distribute to others, defend well enough and allow Steph Curry to play off the ball in crunch time.

Last edited:
Someone hasn't been watching J.R. this season.

I won't comment on Jack though, because I'd be making the same ASSumption.

JR has been dishing and rebounding way beyond what you'd expect from a 6th man. And his defensive effort has been top notch to boot. What JR has over Jack and Crawford is that at more than a few points this season he has carried the Knicks. Especially in games where Melo hasn't played, which I believe is like 7 or 8 games. With no Amare the onus fell on JR and he shined in all those games.

I'll give J.R. that, I have seen more effort on defense and passing (always was underrated in this aspect, just never did it enough).

But Jack has been better all around and efficient than the other candidates in my eyes.

With all due respect to J.R. Smith, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, etc. I think Jarrett Jack would be the Sixth Man of the Year at the moment. While the others are mostly asked to score, Jack does too, as well as distribute to others, defend well enough and allow Steph Curry to play off the ball in crunch time.

Agreed, but it's close.

JR has been dishing and rebounding way beyond what you'd expect from a 6th man. And his defensive effort has been top notch to boot. What JR has over Jack and Crawford is that at more than a few points this season he has carried the Knicks. Especially in games where Melo hasn't played, which I believe is like 7 or 8 games. With no Amare the onus fell on JR and he shined in all those games.

Crawford has definitely carried that teams in a few games this season, I'd say

JR Smith's defense has been superb this season. He's scored 20 plus points in 6 straight games for the Knicks, and he's hit two clutch ga,e winning jump shots. He forces team teams to not double Melo and he's one one of the reasons we get open 3 point shots. Believe me, JR has done more than enough.

As for Jarrett Jack, I can't really speak on it. The Warriors are on the West Coast and they're never on TV, so I can't call it.

I would say tho that Jarrett and JR deserve it before Crawford, they've been more important to the their teams.

^Crawford has been just as important.

Smith has been going crazy this year on offense and defense. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Crawford has definitely carried that teams in a few games this season, I'd say
Has JC had to play without his stars? Chris Paul hasn't missed a game this year.

And I even forgot about JR's two gamewinners. It's gotta be JR for 6th man up to this point.

Last edited:
Jamal Crawford might not even be the most valuable sixth man on the Clippers. It's no slight to him, either. Matt Barnes has been effective defending and slashing to the basket. Eric Bledsoe won't get the minutes to warrant the award, but he's really improved and turned himself into a competent point guard. Hell, Lamar Odom has seemed to have found a pulse lately. He's a jump shot away from really looking like 2011 Odom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom