Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what Cousins has some serious issues man, I don't want to speculate, but that dude needs to get his head right.

I remember seeing that NBA combine interview and thinking this n couldn't even pretend to be normal for the biggest 15 minute interview of his life? What is he like when the cameras aren't on him?

That's why I try to keep my judgments reserved on him (and guys like him). A lot of these players are normal but just don't care, act out for attention, lazy, etc. But some of them might have mental issues or serious problems that are going unaddressed. That article mentioned the front office suggested a psychologist, but the chances of Cousins agreeing to that are pretty slim at this point. But at least the team has made an effort for him there. 

Maybe for him it's being in a better environment with veteran players who can help him out... maybe he needs professional help because he's got some issues.. either way I hope he figures it out soon.

Last edited:
So why isnt Lamb getting minutes again? Smh, hate to see him just be on the Thunders bench when he could have been producing on the Rockets floor.

Scott Brooks takes forever to make change. He'd rather play Thabo 40 minutes. Lamb came in tonight, but took for us to have a 34 pt lead before he got a look.

Last edited:
iX0Y0Zds9peAY.gif

At least read it all, first.

:lol:

Log off with that, even Gordon doesn't think he's better than Harden
I can guarantee you that gordon believe he's better than harden. yeah i know he was injured last year and the beginning of this year but give this man sometime so he can show you he's still the goods. Yes Harden is getting busy on the offensive end but i still think Gordon is slightly better and have a chance to lead the L in scoring plus he can function as a CG just like Harden then you add you that he can lock up on the defensive side . At the age of 23, he was putting up 22 4 3 while shooting 45% fg and 36% 3pt. The comparison of the two players isn't as lopsided as you guys think it is. Give it some time and I know EJ will shut you guys up. :pimp: I will put $$ on it.

see Snoop. EJG don't even see the court, although I think he's faking and goes home and does 360 dunks from the ft line on his solid gold, diamond encrusted indoor court he built with the money he's stealing

Last edited:
ej can be great. When he was coming out of the draft I thought he was up there with derrick rose. Hopefully, he can get healthy cause he has all the tools

but I'd still take harden thiugh

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that gordon believe he's better than harden. yeah i know he was injured last year and the beginning of this year but give this man sometime so he can show you he's still the goods. Yes Harden is getting busy on the offensive end but i still think Gordon is slightly better and have a chance to lead the L in scoring plus he can function as a CG just like Harden then you add you that he can lock up on the defensive side . At the age of 23, he was putting up 22 4 3 while shooting 45% fg and 36% 3pt. The comparison of the two players isn't as lopsided as you guys think it is. Give it some time and I know EJ will shut you guys up. :pimp: I will put $$ on it.

Tripping, I'm not saying he can't ball but Harden is a better passer, has a better handle and is better going to the rim.
Eric Gordon will never lead the NBA in scoring, ever. He can't play the combo guard or run the pick and roll as well as Harden.
He's also stronger and less "injury" prone. There's an argument to be made shooting wise maybe & gordon is a better defender right now but that's where it stops.

Tripping, I'm not saying he can't ball but Harden is a better passer, has a better handle and is better going to the rim.
Eric Gordon will never lead the NBA in scoring, ever. He can't play the combo guard or run the pick and roll as well as Harden.
He's also stronger and less "injury" prone. There's an argument to be made shooting wise maybe & gordon is a better defender right now but that's where it stops.
better going to the rim? questionable. James Harden needs off a pick while EJ can get to the rim regardless of a pick.
better handle? I will say Harden is probably more creative with his handle so i will give you that.
finishing at the rim? goes to gordon
:lol: have you seen Eric Gordon play before or just watch highlights but he def play combo guard and he's a underrated passer and pick and roll player.

better going to the rim? questionable. James Harden needs off a pick while EJ can get to the rim regardless of a pick.
better handle? I will say Harden is probably more creative with his handle so i will give you that.
finishing at the rim? goes to gordon
:lol: have you seen Eric Gordon play before or just watch highlights but he def play combo guard and he's a underrated passer and pick and roll player.

Gordon signed something for you? Homies from high school? Cause your obviously biased.
Harden needs a pick to get to the basket? In what world? He's mastered that euro step.
Gordon a better finisher? :lol: I gotta question if you've watched James play then.
Underrated passer and pick & roll player? Sure but Harden is still better at both.
I watched Gordon in LA & NO just like I watched Harden in OKC & HOU and neither are my favorite players but Harden is simply more talented as many in the thread have agreed.

He got all the talent in the world but is a complete idiot on the court.

Glad to see Eric Gordon back on the court tonight though. Also after hearing what EJ, Kenny, Shaq, and Chuck had to say on TNT thursday about the all star balloting thing, I was wondering what everyone thinks should be reserves for both the west and the east? I know the starters are pretty much set already.

For me I'd have

East Reserves:
Holiday
Jennings or Monta
D Will or Kyrie (not sure about this one but leaning towards Kyrie)
Paul Pierce
Tyson Chandler (should be starting)
Josh Smith
Joakim Noah

West Reserves:
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Gay
Tim Duncan
Love (if he tears it up in January)
David Lee, TP, or Aldridge (unsure about this one too)

David Lee deserves a spot 100%, hes the first reserve id vote in.

Warriors are playing great basketball, hes the only player averaging 20 and 10 as well

I think he really does too and the fact that their winning as well. It's really between him and steph cause I don't think they would leave TP or Duncan out since they are both putting in work.

Westbrook, Harden, TP, Lee, and Duncan should all be locked in. The other two spots could be between Curry, ZBo, Love, and Gay. Memphis definitely deserves one but it's all up to the coaches decisions for that one and I think Love would make it if he goes off in January. He's avg 19 and 14 right now in little over a month of game action.

Last edited:
ej can be great. When he was coming out of the draft I thought he was up there with derrick rose. Hopefully, he can get healthy cause he has all the tools

but I'd still take harden thiugh

I thought he was going to be great too especially after that breakout year with the clippers in 2010. I would take Harden over him still though cause this dude has an abundance of potential.

Enjoy yourself man. That should be fun
pimp.gif
there's nothing like dat nba atmosphere.
NFL game atmosphere > NBA game atmosphere
NO, the NFL is much better on TV than. Live NFL has no commentary, alot of the best angles for viewing are not even possible from any vantage point in the area, only the airborne cameras can provide them, and every run up the middle just looks like a pile of bodies. Live basketball has none of these issues and is extremely satisfying to watch live.

Last edited:
Enjoy yourself man. That should be fun :pimp: there's nothing like dat nba atmosphere.

NO, the NFL is much better on TV than. Live NFL has no commentary, alot of the best angles for viewing are not even possible from any vantage point in the area, only the airborne cameras can provide them, and every run up the middle just looks like a pile of bodies. Live basketball has none of these issues and is extremely satisfying to watch live.

Football games in general are hard to watch live no matter how good your seats are. The NBA doesn't have that problem.

Sam Amick using his Kings sources to put in work. :lol:
Link
Somewhere in the Washington DC Area, DoubleJs is Griffining.

:D

Things are starting to make TOO much sense.

However (and this may sound strange), I think this Cousins deal happens ONLY if Nene stays in DC. That has to be the only caveat. There needs to be some sort of respected veteran presence around Boogie to make this work. Going back to what I was saying about things making too much sense, this trade would absolutely coincide with Wall's return within the next two weeks or so. Fans are eager to have #2 back on the floor, and there would be even more excitement if Boogie was in the fold as well.

There are tradeable assets on this team as well as the 2013 1st round pick (which I couldn't care less if they gave up). This is a HIGH risk move, but it would be one that would show the fanbase (as well as the team) that they are somewhat serious about making amends and getting this team back on track.

Wizards got fleeced by trading a yet-in-his-prime Chris Webber to the Kings back in the day, so let's get them back :lol:

:pimp:

Gordon>>>> mayo, can't make the harden comparisons until hes 100%

Enjoy yourself man. That should be fun :pimp: there's nothing like dat nba atmosphere.

this is true, I got a free pair of club house tickets to the Steelers home opener, $285 tickets.....and I sat there with the sun in my eyes the whole first half. It was a blessed experience though, but hopefully this Pacer game 1 ups it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom