Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:nthat:

Nah, though I wouldn't mind Salmons for our 2nd unit to be an anorexic homeless man's Harden, I'm just giving you a 2nd rd pick for him, or Reggie Jackson if you want him. If you would take Maynor,
The trade that needs to be made is for Varajeo. I give you Perkins, Lamb, Reggie Jackson (you only get 1 of the 2 rooks) for AV, Boobie, and Gee. I'm keeping our Toronto pick though plus IIRC Cleveland already has like 4 1st rd picks next yr so maybe they ain't interested in it. Give us another player I like, you can have our Charlotte 2nd rd pick though projected to be like 31.
But this organization overvalues the hell out of "sustainability, stability" and is super resistant to ever making ANY type of change. I'll admit, you can see Perk does have some unquantifiable value to "toughness, edge, leadership" on this roster but these 2 rebound in 30 minute nights can't continue. I feel like a healthy AV damn near guarantees us the chip.
Gortat, if he can be had is a nice option as well. I want Shannon Brown out of it too, so I'll throw in the Toronto 1st. I'll even give you both Lamb and Perry Jones, but now I want Dudley or Telfair and I think Morris. Of course, the bigger the deal gets the even further unlikely it becomes
Pipe dreams though, we aren't doing a thing except possibly something to address Maynor

You hitting them on the head, Perk needs to go. All the toughness and "leadership" will not help them against Miami but AV will do wonders.
His rebounding and effort on the defensive end could make all the difference in the world if the Heat stay as weak in the paint as they are right now.
Perkins just doesn't have the presence or production that he used to, Brooks won't let Presti deal him though.
Also I'd rather give up Perry than Lamb if possible, him playing behind against KD in practice for a couple of years could do wonders for him.
As you said though, **** ain't happening, it really needs to though because this is the best the KD Westbrook Ibaka core has ever been playing.

But since we all know that Perk isnt any good.....why would they want him starting in place of Andy?

Perk averages 4.8 points and 5.1 rebounds
Andy averages 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds

no way Cleveland does that. I would definitely do Andy for Gortat though.

pistons have a top 10 TV market and a stadium that everyone in the NBA loves. i wont compare that to the sonics.

seattle is a top 15 TV market if they had a new stadium i still believe the NBA would of told them no you cant move. thats why they will never approve the pacers or Hawks moving no matter the lack of fan support because they great NBA stadiums.  

kings have everything wrong for the NBA to approve a move. bad stadium, avg TV market and zero fan support. you can add the Bucks to this also

Stadiums are merely a convenient scapegoat to shield the league's ulterior motives. The NBA wanted a team in OKC, and told Clay Bennett to demand a fully taxpayer-funded $500 million arena. The league knew that would never get approved, but it became the narrative because it's an easy story to tell to the media and NBA fans. They made it seem like the fans didn't care, when the opposite is true.

Also, you can have the nicest arena in the world, but it doesn't matter if nobody's ever in it (Atlanta). So it's not just about stadiums.

Happy 40th birthday old man CP and I wish you a merry christmas! I love you man, not in a weird way or anything

Cousins and Salmons for Bynum and Evan Turner. DO IT MITCH.

I feel like you're trading one player for pretty much the same player
Salmons and Turner???

Honestly, if Turner was 08-10 Salmons I'd be happy... Has turner learned to shoot yet?

turner has been ballin this year, rackin up 15.1pts 6.9reb 4.2assts per game. But one problem he still got is very few if any FT attempts. He even played ball handler while jrue was out. Dude is finally getting it.

Last edited:
Stadiums are merely a convenient scapegoat to shield the league's ulterior motives. The NBA wanted a team in OKC, and told Clay Bennett to demand a fully taxpayer-funded $500 million arena. The league knew that would never get approved, but it became the narrative because it's an easy story to tell to the media and NBA fans. They made it seem like the fans didn't care, when the opposite is true.
Also, you can have the nicest arena in the world, but it doesn't matter if nobody's ever in it (Atlanta). So it's not just about stadiums.
you can put the seattle spin job on it all you want to that wasnt the point

i said kings had all the reasons why the NBA would move them.

other then lack of fan support each night why would the NBA let the hawks or pacers move? and again when the big names come to town these stadiums fill up.

Nah, though I wouldn't mind Salmons for our 2nd unit to be an anorexic homeless man's Harden, I'm just giving you a 2nd rd pick for him, or Reggie Jackson if you want him. If you would take Maynor,
The trade that needs to be made is for Varajeo. I give you Perkins, Lamb, Reggie Jackson (you only get 1 of the 2 rooks) for AV, Boobie, and Gee. I'm keeping our Toronto pick though plus IIRC Cleveland already has like 4 1st rd picks next yr so maybe they ain't interested in it. Give us another player I like, you can have our Charlotte 2nd rd pick though projected to be like 31.
But this organization overvalues the hell out of "sustainability, stability" and is super resistant to ever making ANY type of change. I'll admit, you can see Perk does have some unquantifiable value to "toughness, edge, leadership" on this roster but these 2 rebound in 30 minute nights can't continue. I feel like a healthy AV damn near guarantees us the chip.
Gortat, if he can be had is a nice option as well. I want Shannon Brown out of it too, so I'll throw in the Toronto 1st. I'll even give you both Lamb and Perry Jones, but now I want Dudley or Telfair and I think Morris. Of course, the bigger the deal gets the even further unlikely it becomes
Pipe dreams though, we aren't doing a thing except possibly something to address Maynor

You hitting them on the head, Perk needs to go. All the toughness and "leadership" will not help them against Miami but AV will do wonders.
His rebounding and effort on the defensive end could make all the difference in the world if the Heat stay as weak in the paint as they are right now.
Perkins just doesn't have the presence or production that he used to, Brooks won't let Presti deal him though.
Also I'd rather give up Perry than Lamb if possible, him playing behind against KD in practice for a couple of years could do wonders for him.
As you said though, **** ain't happening, it really needs to though because this is the best the KD Westbrook Ibaka core has ever been playing.
You right I was rapin :lol: Honestly, they can have Perk + whatever they want outside of our top 7. Hell, I might even give you KMart if you want (but then you gotta come up off Waiters). Both Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones, the Toronto pick, obviously Perkins, As for why they'd take Perkins realistically, no reason other than the probably overrated "leadership, championship experience" angle. So to sweeten the deal, I'll take Luke Walton back since he's their worst contract although he's an expirer. Or if you are ready to give up on Thompson already, I'll take him.

They probably have to cut some players to make this work but here. Or it's a starting point anyways. You get young athletic players to grow with Irving in Reggie Jackson (I talk about how much I don't like him but he's 6'4, athletic with a 7ft wingspan; ideally he should be groomed into a defensive stopper), Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, AND you can have the Toronto pick, although I'd rather give you the Charlotte 2nd rder. But I really ned Varaleo on the Thunder so you can have it if I was making decisions. Liggins just needs pt, he is a hustle guy and defensive stopper who all he wants to do is rebound, hustle, and defend, and he somehow had a triple double in the D league a few weeks ago. Byron Scott would love him. Now you have 1 of the youngest, cheapest, most athletic teams in the league. Bottom of the East playoffs in 2-3 yrs. Perkins is either expired and off your books by then, or you have him to guard Bynum, Brooks, and KG or whatever bigs are in the East.

And Solarius I disagree on Orlando, Sure they're not the Bobcats, but they still aren't in the playoffs and lost that trade no matter how you look at it. They didn't get rid of all of their bad salaries, they actually took on salary and yrs, and they didn't get the best player in the trade.

other then lack of fan support each night why would the NBA let the hawks or pacers move? and again when the big names come to town these stadiums fill up.
This... makes me so mad when the good teams come into town and Arco Arena is filled to the brim. During the Lakers game they opened up the SRO section 
laugh.gif

Which is exactly why the Kings getting moved would be a mistake, I would say people are ignorant, but alot of folks (media especially, Darren Rovell posted a pic on twitter the other night from the Kings Warriors game about 45 minutes prior to tipoff trying to show how bad the fanbase was...... 45 minutes before tip off 
roll.gif
) just succumb to stereotypes of Sacramento.

Bad-average TV market? We're 20th in the nation. The Kings leaving would make Sacramento the largest market in America with no major league franchise. Not sure how to elaborate on that. 

Bad fan base? Dog if any franchise had the Maloofs as owners they'd turn on them too. See the Clippers (when they pre-Blake Griffin). This fan base has proven its worth with 2 of the 5 longest sellout streak in league history... 17 out of 27 seasons have been sellouts. I can guarantee the Kings were actually 'good' for not even half of those sellout seasons.

Other than this season, after which the Maloofs gave the biggest of middle fingers to Sacramento, the attendance has actually been not terrible for such a god awful team. 

Cousins and Salmons for Bynum and Evan Turner. DO IT MITCH.

I feel like you're trading one player for pretty much the same player
Salmons and Turner???

Honestly, if Turner was 08-10 Salmons I'd be happy... Has turner learned to shoot yet?

Was a stretch on Salmons..

But Cuz and Drew seems like the same guy personality wise. Neither of which makes you happy to have them.

I guess for Salmons and Turner, I was going with the "This is what they could be, this is what they have showed us, this is what they look like now."

Evan is coming into his own though... We'll see if he continues when Bynum comes back... If he comes back.

This... makes me so mad when the good teams come into town and Arco Arena is filled to the brim. During the Lakers game they opened up the SRO section 
laugh.gif

Which is exactly why the Kings getting moved would be a mistake, I would say people are ignorant, but alot of folks (media especially, Darren Rovell posted a pic on twitter the other night from the Kings Warriors game about 45 minutes prior to tipoff trying to show how bad the fanbase was...... 45 minutes before tip off 
roll.gif

Bad-average TV market? We're 20th in the nation. The Kings leaving would make Sacramento the largest market in America with no major league franchise. Not sure how to elaborate on that. 

Bad fan base? Dog if any franchise had the Maloofs as owners they'd turn on them too. See the Clippers (when they pre-Blake Griffin). This fan base has proven its worth with 2 of the 5 longest sellout streak in league history... 17 out of 27 seasons have been sellouts. I can guarantee the Kings were actually 'good' for not even half of those sellout seasons.

Other than this season, after which the Maloofs gave the biggest of middle fingers to Sacramento, the attendance has actually been not terrible for such a god awful team. 
snice 2007 the kings have been bottom 5 of worst attendance in the NBA. the numbers show nobody is showing up. clippers have always been a middle of the road team attendance wise.

and your TV market piggy backs off of the bay area we all know that just like san diego TV market does with Los angeles.

with out a brand new stadium the kings have everything wrong with them why the NBA would OK a move and thats my whole point.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

snice 2007 the kings have been bottom 5 of worst attendance in the NBA. the numbers show nobody is showing up. clippers have always been a middle of the road team attendance wise.

and your TV market piggy backs off of the bay area we all know that just like san diego TV market does with Los angeles.

with out a brand new stadium the kings have everything wrong with them why the NBA would OK a move and thats my whole point.
I'm not disputing any of the attendance numbers, proof is in the numbers. 2006 is right when the Maloofs started to fall out with Sacramento, but having the economy tank in a government driven economy is toxic. Sac is/was one of the hardest hit in the nation. 

The TV market isn't piggy backing off anything. Its just the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto (Jesus that is a **** hole of a market, #20 nonetheless 
laugh.gif
). Ain't nobody in the bay area trying to watch local Sac news or Kings games 
laugh.gif
. Oakland, San Jose? They piggyback of SF.... making it the bay area. The Sac TV market is the Sacramento area and the greater San Joaquin (thinking about that makes me sick 
mean.gif
 sorry CP). The only reason why San Diego (and Anaheim, and the rest of Socal) is considered part of the LA market is because they all air Time Warner Sports Net, RIP KCAL 
frown.gif
... Actually now that I think of it, the Bay area used to include Sac in their market, I remember we used to get their games here like 10 years ago

And to think the NBA would just ok any move is a little naive, they said no to the Kings moving to Anaheim because it was a stupid *** move for the franchise (essentially ceding control to the Ducks/NHL) and ******g with that particular NBA tv market. Same with a move to Virginia Beach, stupid as hell move. It'd force conference realignment (to the delight of the fans) but the EC teams would want to avoid that. But as I stated earlier, if the arena situation in Sacramento doesn't change by March, I do expect stupid *** George ******g Maloof to come up with some sort of relocation proposal by then. However, I still hear rumbling out of city hall and KJ about reworking a deal. C-Webb has been dropping hints again too... 

Last edited by a moderator:
And to think the NBA would just ok any move is a little naive
NO ****.

again i was pointing out why the NBA WONT move the pacers or hawks

and why in most minds kings have everything wrong with it why the NBA would let them move.

you pulling a JA/BHZ and just seen your teams name and coming to defend them
laugh.gif

And to think the NBA would just ok any move is a little naive
NO ****.

again i was pointing out why the NBA WONT move the pacers or hawks

and why in most minds kings have everything wrong with it why the NBA would let them move.

you pulling a JA/BHZ and just seen your teams name and coming to defend them
laugh.gif
Ya my bad 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

best.exchange.EVER.
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif

my only point is that when sports teams move you get these said to you

-lack of fan support

-out of date stadium

-lack of city/state funding for a new stadium

-new ownership thats wants to move cause of all of that

-losing money becuase of all that

im not hear to say if thats what really happened in seattle or right now with the kings, you can find someone else to go back and forth with that about. but thats what was said in the media and to the public

we can all clown the pacers and hawks for nobody showing up every night to watch games but that only wont be enough for the NBA to ok the moving.

the kings have all of that for the NBA to say this is why we said Ok to a move. and even if they are wrong the could spin it easy with everything that is going on. sonic fans will point to that and say thats exactly what happened to them.

Last edited:
Reggie Jackson of the Tulsa 66ers has been named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played Dec. 17-23.

A 6-3, 208-pound guard out of Boston College, Jackson led the 66ers to two wins while on assignment from the Oklahoma City Thunder, averaging a team-high 32.0 points to go with 8.0 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 37.5 minutes. He led the team in scoring and assists in both games, was the leading rebounder once.

Jackson, who was recalled by the Thunder on Dec. 23, has appeared in 14 games for Oklahoma City this season, averaging 1.9 points, 1.0 rebounds and 6.9 minutes.

Via RealGM Staff Report

:lol:

my only point is that when sports teams move you get these said to you
-lack of fan support
-out of date stadium
-lack of city/state funding for a new stadium
-new ownership thats wants to move cause of all of that
-losing money becuase of all that

im not hear to say if thats what really happened in seattle or right now with the kings, you can find someone else to go back and forth with that about. but thats what was said in the media and to the public

we can all clown the pacers and hawks for nobody showing up every night to watch games but that only wont be enough for the NBA to ok the moving.

the kings have all of that for the NBA to say this is why we said Ok to a move. and even if they are wrong the could spin it easy with everything that is going on. sonic fans will point to that and say thats exactly what happened to them.

So you admit you don't know anything about the Seattle situation. That's awesome. Stop talking about things you don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom