Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of Cousins. I don't think he's as much of a headcase as people think he is, at least not on the level of JaVale McGee/Andray Blatche/the 2011 Washington Wizards, etc.

Dude averaged 18 and 11 last year and just turned 22.

I'm a fan of Cousins. I don't think he's as much of a headcase as people think he is, at least not on the level of JaVale McGee/Andray Blatche/the 2011 Washington Wizards, etc.

Dude averaged 18 and 11 last year and just turned 22.
Word. I think only Dwight and Bynum are better centers.

Last edited:
Wait. Wizards turned down Beal and Singleton for Harden?

Are you kidding me?
Was that offered just before OKC completed the deal with Houston?? Or are yall just piecing the trade rumor from the draft where the Wiz offered up the #3 pick for Harden :nerd: :nerd: cuz I do remember that and thought that they should for sure take that deal back in June

Was that offered just before OKC completed the deal with Houston?? Or are yall just piecing the trade rumor from the draft where the Wiz offered up the #3 pick for Harden :nerd: :nerd: cuz I do remember that and thought that they should for sure take that deal back in June

They turned down Beal and Singleton before the Rockets got involved. When the Thunder were shopping Harden.

They turned down Beal and Singleton before the Rockets got involved. When the Thunder were shopping Harden.
Gotcha. Maybe they wanted that band aid player in Kevin Martin plus the draft picks and didn't want to wait for Beal to develop?

I actually think he owes it to Cleveland to return back. He made a promise to the city and abandoned them. I'd actually respect him a little more. He's got his ring now make good on your promise.

Am I the only person in the S&T forum who's actually watched Lebron play live in High School? :smokin I was a freshman in high school while Lebron was a Junior.
Only reason why I'm bringing it up is because it didn't really occur to me how big of a deal that was until my boy who watched him live with me brought it up. I remember the one thing we all first noticed about Lebron was how much more bigger he was then everybody else on the Benedictine High squad, he really would just plow through everybody on the floor. Dude was seriously a man-child compared to everyone else.
Keep in mind, no one even knew at that point that he would be playing for the Cavs 2 years later.

I've seen him play in HS multiple times. AT you gotta few years on me I was in 6th grade when he was a senior, and I saw him play in his senior night at SVSM. It was crazy though his mom didn't show up, and the parents for all of the other players were there... So Bron's 4 best friends walked him out to the court. it was pretty :smokin

I also saw him play in Cleveland for the HS All American Game

CP3 was there too :pimp:

^Why the hell was Bron's mom not at the game :wow: :wow: :frown: :frown: I feel bad for Lebron sometimes

I actually think he owes it to Cleveland to return back. He made a promise to the city and abandoned them. I'd actually respect him a little more. He's got his ring now make good on your promise.

What? He owes something to the city that was burnin his jersey in the street for takin a new job? :lol:

I get him leavin, I get them bein mad about it, but no, in NO WAY, does he owe the city later on down the line. That's ridiculous.

And I don't even get down with Lebron like that.

Last edited:
I don't think he 'owes' Cleveland anything. I still think he took a dump on the entire city two years ago, but he doesn't owe them.

It's going to be interesting to see what he does in 3-4 years though, at the tail end of his prime and with Wade in decline.

I don't think he 'owes' Cleveland anything. I still think he took a dump on the entire city two years ago, but he doesn't owe them.

It's going to be interesting to see what he does in 3-4 years though, at the tail end of his prime and with Wade in decline.
Lebron is gonna be like 30 by then..... I expect his post game to be damn near perfect by then and his jumper even more refined, and hopefully he can hit FTs at a good rate....... his prime will be similar to Kobe's stretching well into his mid 30s IMO

Lebron is gonna be like 30 by then..... I expect his post game to be damn near perfect by then and his jumper even more refined, and hopefully he can hit FTs at a good rate....... his prime will be similar to Kobe's stretching well into his mid 30s IMO

Oh, I have no doubts that he'll still be dominant by then.

But would he stick with ol' glass-knees D-Wade and the Velociraptor if they weren't good enough to win a title?

laugh.gif

Oh, I have no doubts that he'll still be dominant by then.

But would he stick with ol' glass-knees D-Wade and the Velociraptor if they weren't good enough to win a title?
Ohh gotcha, I was just responding to "in 3-4 years though, at the tail end of his prime". I have a feeling that Reilly is way too in love with D Wade to trade him.... but they really need to eventually unless he signs for like 5-8 mil a year :lol:

Bosh I doubt they'll have any hesitation in trading

Dwight Howard Already 'Knows' Where He'll Sign
Dec 12, 2012 7:10 PM EST

The Los Angeles Lakers have struggled to begin the 12-13 NBA season, but Dwight Howard seems to already have decided which team he will sign with as a free agent this summer.

"I know," said Howard when asked if he knows which team he will play with next season.

Howard was also asked whether he and Kobe Bryant can coexist.

"Why can't we coexist?" Howard asked. "Because we're opposites? I thought opposites attract.

"You know why we can play well together? Kobe knows how hard I work and that I'm all about championships. We're also entertainers, and for the two hours and 20 minutes that people come to a game they want to be entertained."

^Why the hell was Bron's mom not at the game :wow: :wow: :frown: :frown: I feel bad for Lebron sometimes

No clue, sad situation.

CJ Milles, tho :x :smokin

can you explain the situation between Lebron and his mom? This is the first I've heard of this stuff

I may be off but i remember a story where his mom took out a loan and bought him a hummer during his senior year, it was such a huge story that she didn't wanna leave the house to avoid media and stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom