Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: you on bath salts homie???

Completely possible and not far-fetched whatsoever. Would LeBron, in his prime, want to play with Wade at the tail-end of his career? or Kyrie Irving, who by that time may be the best PG in the league. Not to mention, going back to Cleveland would heal many of the media/public wounds from that day in 2010.

Lemme guess, I should of said he's going to LA, right?

Veteran Mike Bibby working out for Memphis Grizzlies

The Lakers aren't the only Western Conference team looking for help at the point guard position.

According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the Memphis Grizzlies are working out veteran point guard Mike Bibby today in Phoenix. Bibby, the 34-year-old who lives in the Phoenix area, has been out of work since playing 39 games for the New York Knicks last season.

According to one of the people who requested anonymity because of the private nature of the situation, the Grizzlies are one of "four or five" teams that will be working him out as he attempts to sign on with a team for the second half of the season.The Lakers, however, are not one of them.

The Grizzlies (14-4) are more than happy with the point guard play of starter Mike Conley, but the interest in Bibby could be a sign that backup point guard Jerryd Bayless isn't inspiring the same sort of approval rating. The 24-year-old is averaging 6.4 points, three assists and 17.3 minutes per game for the Grizzlies.

While Bibby is nowhere near the player he was during his memorable days in Sacramento from 2001 to 2008, he is hoping to play a pivotal reserve role on a playoff-bound team this season. In 14 seasons, he averaged 14.4 points and 5.5 assists. With the Knicks last season, Bibby averaged just 2.6 points, 2.1 assists and 14.3 minutes per game.
Link

Last edited:
nick the quick & mr dime :pimp:

as ugly as the grizz's old jerseys were id rock the shorts :lol:

Last edited:
Is ESPN seriously showing this interview of Kobe every 10 minutes :wow: :wow: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :smh:

I came in here to say "why the **** are we looking at Bibby?!" :lol:

We need to be looking at another SG/SF or stretch forward.

Plus, Bibby and his dad (our assistant coach) don't even get along.

Last edited:
Easier said than done. Talent is cool, but it's a problem when doesn't mesh and in their case doesn't play D.

True...their D is atrocious. It's like cats don't even want to rotate. I just don't understand how a team with two very good on ball defenders (Kobe, Artest) and D howard gaurding the basket could let a team like Cleveland pirouette down the lane all night

Only you dudes think Lebron going back to Cleveland would be an "amazing story".

That would be another lame *** move on his resume.

Cause that city a boatload of public humiliation...go win championships in another city...and then come back?

what fairy tale world do ya'll live in?

this.

Am I the only person in the S&T forum who's actually watched Lebron play live in High School? :smokin I was a freshman in high school while Lebron was a Junior.
Only reason why I'm bringing it up is because it didn't really occur to me how big of a deal that was until my boy who watched him live with me brought it up. I remember the one thing we all first noticed about Lebron was how much more bigger he was then everybody else on the Benedictine High squad, he really would just plow through everybody on the floor. Dude was seriously a man-child compared to everyone else.
Keep in mind, no one even knew at that point that he would be playing for the Cavs 2 years later.

When LeBron was a senior, I saw him go up against DJ Strawberry's Mater Dei team at Pauley Pavilion. The first game featured Compton Centennial and Arron Afflalo and the game after SVSM was Telfair's Railsplitters against DeMarcus Nelson's team.

Anyways, just by the warmup dunk showcase alone LeBron was a man amongst boys. MD basically played an ameoba type zone that zeroed in on him all night. I think Romeo Travis went off because of this. He ended up with double digits with some very nice dimes, but he didn't really go off like he did against Oak Hill that same year. Funniest thing I remember was the MD crowd yelling "Overrated" when the game wound down...even though they lost big :lol:

Last edited:
Whatever happen to Demarcus da gawd? Son was a legend here in Sac

how is the prodigal son returning the CLE not an amazing story? **** is a straight disney movie.

Darth Vader turns good for his final moment!

Wiz Fan*Emeka/Ariza show the commitment to winning long-term that this organization needs*Wiz Fan
Nets fans stay taking shots
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dudes won't ever forget the Nets thing.
Kobe hasn't been a consistently good defender in a long, long time.
Kobe stopped playing D like two years ago

I'm not a Kobe hater but nothing irks me more than his All-D team nominations:smh:
It's like my guy Jeter winning all them Gold Gloves...
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom