Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSW only winning cuz of Steph's prolonged health

This'll probably be Lin's highest point total of the season. I see yall aint mentioning his turnovers still.

DBD why you aint taking the bet? All them gif and emoticon responses. Just admit you aint about that gambling life. You know there's always an outside chance LAL pulls off another lopsided trade. It's ok to be scared of that possibility.

Houston can be an OK team if Lin, Harden, Parsons, and Asik can get it clicking
they had it going good the first few games and then Harden became the PG, and would mostly flop trying to get the offensive foul everytime. 

i'm glad the Rockets aren't my team, i wouldn't be able to watch that every game. 
sick.gif

The Rockets have had some nice close games so far. As a casual spectator, I've been pleased. If I was a fan, probably not so much. 

More importantly, they have a lot of athletic, versatile players this year. Moreso than in the past.

David Lee is a great rebounder, and one of the better offensive players for a guy of his size. Great hands, nice touch around the basket and makes the right play more often than not.

Steph Curry may not be an All-NBA defender, but he's pesky enough and tries enough that he can get quite a few steals a game. He has one of the sweetest strokes in the NBA too, and is vastly underrated in terms of creating for others.

Klay is tough, even though he may not look the part. He's a hard-nosed (and big-nosed) rebounder, and one of those dudes who never gives up on a play. His shot can be streaky at a time, but it's not in question whether he's a good shooter.

Carl Landry is a bull for the team on the inside, and is probably one of the best players that plays on both ends. When the Warriors need a bucket inside and Lee isn't out there, Carl can get them points. Perfect for a Warriors tempo.

Harrison Barnes got that sneaky athleticism and his hustle has earned him time this year. He's one of the better shooters on the team, and when he's out there he hasn't been detrimental to the team in any respect.

Jarrett Jack gives them some depth and protection in case Steph gets a little too aggressive or gets hurt. They even end games with both of them on the court together because both guys make plays. It really helps him get off when he's out there with Steph since he already demands so much attention.

Years past they had maybe just two or three guys that would bring it every night. And then there would be injuries. Right now, they're doing okay. Yes, Brandon Rush got hurt and that's a big blow, and yes, Bogut is out, but the brand of basketball they're playing right now doesn't necessitate having a big like Bogut out there.

The Rockets have had some nice close games so far. As a casual spectator, I've been pleased. If I was a fan, probably not so much. 

houston got like the youngest team in the league. they are expected to lose the close gms

steph curry playing at an all star level. proving doubters (myself included) wrong. hopefully, he keeps this up.

They've had a relatively easy schedule thus far though.

They've played 10 quality teams thus far (Brooklyn twice, Denver three times, OKC, ATL, LAL, Memphis, and LAC), and they are 5-5 in those games.

January will be tough for them. Three games against LAC, a game against Memphis, Denver, Miami, Spurs, OKC, and end the month VS Dallas where Dirk should be back.

In previous years they would lose some of the games they aren't supposed to. This year, they aren't losing those games.

They've had a relatively easy schedule thus far though.

They've played 10 quality teams thus far (Brooklyn twice, Denver three times, OKC, ATL, LAL, Memphis, and LAC), and they are 5-5 in those games.

January will be tough for them. Three games against LAC, a game against Memphis, Denver, Miami, Spurs, OKC, and end the month VS Dallas where Dirk should be back.

In previous years they would lose some of the games they aren't supposed to. This year, they aren't losing those games.

That's the main point towards everyones argument against GS. They had a cupcake schedule (which is not their fault), and had to play it out. Still gotta go out there and win the games though. They deserve the props and attention they're getting now, but I don't think it'll last.

I think this years Warriors team will be similar to the Sixers last season--Great start to the season, but then comes back down to Earth.

January will def test them out, and no way is LA a quality team at this point in the season.

Mark Jackson is proving that he can coach in the NBA.

Last edited:
Can Harden play with Lin or is he gonna mess things up??

Forreal though, I really hope Curry can stay healthy.. Kid is too nice for that Grant Hill situation. I like that whole squad. Even White Human Garbage, Andris Biedrins. And it's great seeing David Lee ball out.

Last edited:
That's the main point towards everyones argument against GS. They had a cupcake schedule (which is not their fault), and had to play it out. Still gotta go out there and win the games though. They deserve the props and attention they're getting now, but I don't think it'll last.
I think this years Warriors team will be similar to the Sixers last season--Great start to the season, but then comes back down to Earth.
January will def test them out, and no way is LA a quality team at this point in the season.

It's fun to label things in December, but a lot of people just holding onto too much stock.

Warriors are great right now, but how will they be in April?
Lakers struggling now, but what will they look like with their real PG?
Knicks look like the best team in the East right now, but how will they react to Amar'e coming back?
Mavs look mediocre, but what impact will Dirk have?
OJ looks like MIP, but will it last?
Dame Lillard on his John Wall kick, but will he win ROY?
What will the Timberwolves look like with their Spanish icon back in uniform?

We need something to talk about in the NBA before the ASG, before the trade deadline, and before the Playoffs, but to summarize a team right now is a little too convenient.

Mark Jackson definitely has been a great coach for these guys, but I personally really liked Keith Smart. I don't think he got a fair shake in Oakland. Now he's working with an inferior group of players in Sacramento and they're struggling. I hope he stays with the Kings and they can start to rebound.

Can Harden play with Lin or is he gonna mess things up??
I think they can play together. They'll probably do better together now that McHale's back calling the plays. From what I saw of  Sampson he wasn't using them right. 

It's fun to label things in December, but a lot of people just holding onto too much stock.

Warriors are great right now, but how will they be in April?
Lakers struggling now, but what will they look like with their real PG?
Knicks look like the best team in the East right now, but how will they react to Amar'e coming back?
Mavs look mediocre, but what impact will Dirk have?
OJ looks like MIP, but will it last?
Dame Lillard on his John Wall kick, but will he win ROY?
What will the Timberwolves look like with their Spanish icon back in uniform?

We need something to talk about in the NBA before the ASG, before the trade deadline, and before the Playoffs, but to summarize a team right now is a little too convenient.

Mark Jackson definitely has been a great coach for these guys, but I personally really liked Keith Smart. I don't think he got a fair shake in Oakland. Now he's working with an inferior group of players in Sacramento and they're struggling. I hope he stays with the Kings and they can start to rebound.

1. No, they won't. Tough conference and not enough experience to overcome the "nitty gritty" games. They might make the playoffs with a 7-8 seed.

2 Lakers WILL improve. It's hard to say otherwise when Kobe is still on that team. Will they be great? Probably not, considering D'Antoni doesn't play defense and that roster isn't situated for his style .

3. Miami is still the best team in the East. The Knicks are probably their biggest threat though (most Heat fans would say otherwise). Amare will come off the bench when he's back, and eventually start after he's caught up with everyone offensively and defensively.

4. Mavs will finish 5-6th in the West and OJ's ppg will drop slightly. Dirk will still get doubled and OJ will get nice open looks. Mavs are a SOLID team.

5. Lillard is probably the runaway winner of ROY. I don't see any other rookies making as much of an impact to their team as Lillard. Davis could have a say about that
though. Probably would win if his team wasn't so bad.

6. Drastically improved. Wolves work off of good passing and floor spacing. Rubio will make a difference. Love needs to get out of Minnesota though. I have a feeling he'll ask to go to LA when his contract is up.

Keith Smart needs to get to Cousins if he plans to be the coach there. It's pretty obvious, but whoever can get to that guy will be the long term coach.

Last edited:
Lakers getting further than the Spurs this year? I know the playoffs are a long way away, but I've seen nothing at all to convince me that would happen :lol:

O.J. Mayo after getting struck in groin by DeMarcus Cousins: “Man, that guy has mental issues”

With just under four minutes left in the second quarter of the Mavericks’ 119-96 victory over Sacramento, Kings center DeMarcus Cousins delivered what replays showed to be a back-hand, closed-fist punch to O.J. Mayo’s groin.

The incident occured while the two were fighting for position. During the next deadball, with 3:25 left, Cousins and Mayo were whistled for a double-technical foul for jawing at one another following the blow.

“I told him, ‘Man, play basketball,’ ” Mayo said. “ ’You’ve got a chance to be a good player, but when you do stuff like that, you’re like a garbage player. It’s not a sign of being great.’”

Cousins, who was suspended for two games by the NBA earlier this season for starting an altercation with Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliott, described the blow to Mayo’s midsection as “an accident.”

“Man, that guy has mental issues,” Mayo said. “He’s a talented player. He has an opportunity to be the face of the organization, but I don’t think he wants it.”

Mayo said he asked the referees to review the incident on videotape during halftime. Mayo said he has little doubt it’s a fine-able or suspendable offense.

“Big maturity problem,” Mayo said of Cousins. “Hopefully he’ll grow out of it and become great. He definitely has the talent.”

During the third quarter, as Sacramento made a charge that closed the gap to 77-66, Carlisle barked something at Cousins.

“I really like him as a player and I was expressing that to him,” Carlisle deadpanned after the game.
Link

Ho-hum.

I'll line up and have my crow if Mark Jackson continues this success with the Warriors. I thought that was one of the worst hires I'd ever seen in sports :lol:

:lol:

It's pretty much what us rockets fans expected. Ups and downs the whole season with them not being able to close out games.
I honestly think Lin and Harden need time to get chemistry. They didn't play with each other through training camp they were just both put out there.
Ima wait for them to have this upcoming offseason together then we can see where they at.

Also I'm glad to hear Carl Landry has been playing well :pimp:
Always one of my favorite Rockets. That spark off the bench :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom