Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, he is 22 years old, he is only getting better and smarter. Those long two's will become three's eventually. Their style of play is very similar and your grasping at straws. Comparing an older Chauncey to Jrue at 22 is skewing my argument to fit what your saying. Look at Chauncey's first handful of seasons before he got to Detroit and mind you he was older during Jrue during these years and tell me they are in no way similar. TO's, assists, scoring, shooting numbers are all rather similar, if not in Jrue's favor. I've said he reminded me of Chauncy especially last year cause I saw the tools but like Chauncey figured they would have a similar rate of progression as it took Chauncey a while to figure things in the league out which is why he bounce around teams. But both are good shooters, with good size/athleticism that can guard the 1/2....Sure its an asinine comparison though. Jrue embodies the same leadership qualities that Chauncey does. If you watch him, you can just see the kid is mature and always poised on the court. Your getting on him for stuff that will really all be corrected as he gets older and wiser which especially happens with PG's.

Look at his team dude. They traded in Iggy and Lou Williams for ...Nick Young. And they are still above .500. You can still call them the worst offensive team like that has anything to do with him but its foolish.

And Pro, I actually like advanced states but sometimes some of you guys, and its Osh a lot of time spews some stuff that makes it seem like he hasn't actually watched the topic that we are talking about. For basbeall advanced stats are god but in basketball it s a nice anecdote to the greater lens that the game should be viewed through not the be all/end all that others treat it as.

Last edited:
You can't quantify everything that happens on a basketball court with stats. It's not like baseball where each event is a singular, individual act.

The Sixers have also played the easiest schedule in the league up until now. Not their fault of course, but yeah. The same thing happened last year where they then went off the rails in February before beating the depleted Bulls in the playoffs.

Last edited:
because they always say things that don't match what is happening on the court.  they don't consider alot of variables when trying to make their case.  It would make one wonder if you just look at "advanced stats" and boxscores and not actually see how these stats come to life

yeah its like someone goes 10/10 the first 3 quarters and 0/6 in the fourth

10/16 sounds good :smokin
Except we can look at individual quarters specifically, if we choose to. That's kind of the point, actually... to avoid looking at just the box score and making broad assumptions. 

i agree 100%. but most people i know wont take the time to look beyond the box score to check out individual quarters unless MAYBE its the team/player they follow

i know i dont do it :lol: id rather try to catch the games or not say anything at all

Last edited:
Jack a real hitta man 
nthat.gif

All of that was in the 1st quarter too. He went to the bench with a minute left in the 1st.

Last edited:
Whats the projection on Rondos stats by the end of the game?

Im thinking 22, 14 and 12, but dude could easily go for 30, 20 and 15

Felton saw Toney Gawd show out the other day, so he had to have good game too. Toney Gawd bout to 1 up Felton tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom