Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers slander bus ain't even gonna respect red lights any more...no mercy for everyone else on the road.

When burger *** Toney ******g Douglas is torching you...you know it's real.

Should've bowed down to Phil and kissed his rings, Jimmy.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

When I saw Ron get the rebound I was already counting the 2. Then he faded away....from 3 feet. :smh: :lol:

^^ I'm pretty sure you can recreate that stretch on your own.

*grab rebound; lay it in*

*repeat*

Perk is a terrible rebounder. He is still in because Brooks isn't a great coach and doesn't pay enough attention to detail. Perk is typically reliable from the line in these situations though.

Our subs tried to lose this game for us and KD had to come through and save the day as always and mask all the ails of the team and the coach

Aside from the bench, what other weaknesses does OKC have?
You saw in the finals we overhelp and give up a ****ton of open 3s, especially out the corner. Westbrook gambles defensively and gets silly/disinterested at times although he's mostly been locked in the last 6 games and is all NBA when he pays attention to it, ditto KD. As chronicled the bench sucks and almost always plays a negative, they can't stop anybody (especially the backcourt) and if Maynor doesn't play better soon (29%fg and 2 assists per isn't gonna cut it) he'll have to be addressed, as in benched and/or traded. Kevin Martin still isn't consistently a factor against good teams (only had 7 tonight), we give up offensive rebounds, ball still tends to stick at times, lead the league in turnovers or close (although we jumped from dead last to 7th in assists) and Scott Brooks's rotations and lack of timeouts at time always leave one scratching their head. Our strength of schedule has to deflate the value in our record somewhat. Scheduling Gods made it easy to start. But it seems funny listing all these "problems" that like 25 teams would kill to be in our position

That's why there's so much talk on the blogosphere about Varajeo. I would give Cleveland Perk, the Toronto pick (top 3 protected), the Charlotte pick (2nd rd, probably gonna be like 31), either of Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones, and hell you can even have one of Maynor or Jackson for Varajeo and like Boobie Gibson. They might try to force Walton's ending contract into the deal. I probably still do it and just tell him go home.

I noticed you guys do overhelp a lot and that leads to open 3's. I figured you guys would address that issue by now.

Also, how come you guys give up so many offensive rebounds? You 2 great rebounders in Perk and Ibaka. I don't get it.

What's up with Westbrook always jacking up the shot when someone is open if he just makes the extra pass? Does he still mess up in tight game situations? I've seen the Thunder play twice year, once against the Spurs and tonight.

I think you're only true weakness is your bench and the lack of defense sometimes. A streaky shooting team with some athleticism can beat you guys in a 7 game series (we saw that last year).

I'd def take up Cleveland in that trade. Problem is, you lose that toughness in Perk. He knows how to guard Dwight and is probably the only thing in the league that intimidates him besides the free throw line.

Last edited:
You saw in the finals we overhelp and give up a ****ton of open 3s, especially out the corner. Westbrook gambles defensively and gets silly/disinterested at times although he's mostly been locked in the last 6 games and is all NBA when he pays attention to it, ditto KD. As chronicled the bench sucks and almost always plays a negative, they can't stop anybody (especially the backcourt) and if Maynor doesn't play better soon (29%fg and 2 assists per isn't gonna cut it) he'll have to be addressed, as in benched and/or traded. Kevin Martin still isn't consistently a factor against good teams (only had 7 tonight), we give up offensive rebounds, ball still tends to stick at times, lead the league in turnovers or close (although we jumped from dead last to 7th in assists) and Scott Brooks's rotations and lack of timeouts at time always leave one scratching their head. Our strength of schedule has to deflate the value in our record somewhat. Scheduling Gods made it easy to start. But it seems funny listing all these "problems" that like 25 teams would kill to be in our position
That's why there's so much talk on the blogosphere about Varajeo. I would give Cleveland Perk, the Toronto pick (top 3 protected), the Charlotte pick (2nd rd, probably gonna be like 31), either of Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones, and hell you can even have one of Maynor or Jackson for Varajeo and like Boobie Gibson. They might try to force Walton's ending contract into the deal. I probably still do it and just tell him go home.

Are you serious? You'd give up all that for just Varejao? Or do you actually see some value in Boobie?

If that's the deal, I don't see Boobie getting any time, especially in the Playoffs.

Russ, Thabo, KD, Serge, Andy, Collison, K-Mart, Maynor, and maybe Thabeet.

You can go to war with Varejao, man. Blow up the opposing teams' pick and rolls, clean up the boards, roll to the basket for layups, make the smart pass and hit the occasional 15 footer.

Dwight had 33 the last time him and Perk played. And Perk and Ibaka seem like they should be, but they aren't good rebounders. 5 and 7.5 disrepectively. There has been nights where KD outrebounded them combined. I'll take Varajeo's toughness, flopping charge drawing, and getting us 15 extra possessions with his rebound.

Hell, tonight Brooklyn took 25 more shots than us (91 to 66) because of their rebounding, with negated our otherwise unbelievable offensive efficiency (60% from the field, 50 from 3, 90 from the line).

Are you serious? You'd give up all that for just Varejao? Or do you actually see some value in Boobie?

If that's the deal, I don't see Boobie getting any time, especially in the Playoffs.

Russ, Thabo, KD, Serge, Andy, Collison, K-Mart, Maynor, and maybe Thabeet.

The rooks are rotting on the bench and now we're shuffling them back and forth to Tulsa (the NBDL), and the rarity they get garbage time minutes they aren't really impressing anyways. And he played probably his best game tonight, but typically Maynor has been terrible this season. You give him a pass because of the ACL, but this whole our bench tricking off leads thing has to stop. It's almost a reverse of last yr when our starters spotted double digit leads and JH and the subs always had to play from behind. But our bench is that bad.

And no I don't particularly like Boobie, just that I'm giving up a pg and want one back, moreso to make him a spotup shooter.

So yes, I think our rebounding is that big of a deficiency.

If you really think Varajeo makes us soft, sign Kenyon Martin too. ********ness level significantly decreased

Last edited:
AV has been BALLING this year, people will be begging Cleveland for him.

Pau for Varejao, do so Mitch. :pimp:

:lol:

Damn Jordan hit 32k points in 15 seasons 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 at Kobe averaging more shots per minute than AI 

How are they just gonna fabricate Thunder throwback jerseys??

They couldn't just wear Sonics jerseys sans "Seattle"??

I liked those pseudo-throwbacks better than their real ones.

Last edited:

Would never heard the end of it. They'd be having all types of angry rallies in Costco parking lots

Gortat is another guy too I like, wonder if a playoff teams grabs him before the deadline. His contract isn't terrible, basically ~7.5mil for this season and next.

Last edited:
Wait.. Why the HECKKKK are my hornets Changing their names to the Freaking Pelicans.. PELICANS?? Really?? :rofl: .. At least get the Jazz name back.. Utah and Jazz?? Change that??

Would never heard the end of it. They'd be having all types of angry rallies in Costco parking lots
Gortat is another guy too I like, wonder if a playoff teams grabs him before the deadline. His contract isn't terrible, basically ~7.5mil for this season and next.

Gortat is a guy that I think would help the Thunder more. I feel like he's better defensively, and does everything OKC would need to go to the top.

This Greg Smith dude from the Rockets looks like a super sized Sebastian Telfair.

100% on point was thinking the same thing :lol:

I would have never thought of that, but you're right :lol:

Lmaoo at Dantoni face

:rofl: And did you hear him afterwards? "Kobe...he had an up and down game". Ummmm, didn't he have 39 points and just 1 or 2 turnovers :rolleyes ?

wheres lin tho

Oh, he told Toneygawd he had the juice now.

Kobe ain't worried about anything btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom