Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched some Shaq video mix on youtube where he said after a game a dad came up to him with his kid and mentioned how he spent so much on these tickets but it was worth it, and Shaq told the camera that he tries to play hard every night to put on a show for people like that.

Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili aren't global icons but out of those 15,000+ fans in Miami some of them spent their hard earn money hoping to see those three guys play. But, at the same time, the Spurs as a team can do what they think is best because it is a long season.

I just started posting again a few weeks ago, anyone knows how to get my post count back lol.

Last edited:
I recently saw some Shaq video mix on youtube where he said after a game a dad came up to him wit his kid and said how he spent so much on these tickets but it was worth it, and Shaq told the camera that he tries to play hard every night to put on a show for people like that. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili aren't global icons but out of those 15,000+ fans in Miami some of them spent their hard earn money hoping to see those three guys play. But, at the same time, the Spurs as a team can do what they think is best because it is a long season.

those 5 people will be okay

I recently watched some Shaq video mix on youtube where he said after a game a dad came up to him with his kid and mentioned how he spent so much on these tickets but it was worth it, and Shaq told the camera that he tries to play hard every night to put on a show for people like that.
Hilarious.

It wasn't that many, but those couple of people who spent a grip of their paycheck to take their kids out like once a year was disappointed.

It wasn't that many, but those couple of people who spent a grip of their paycheck to take their kids out like once a year was disappointed.

what if they all played and there was blowout by the 2nd quarter they would still be disappointed

manu, tp duncan, didn't play and the fans still got a good game

Do we have any definitive ratings #s yet on the game, particularly at the start then say at the finish? Because we're talking is assumptions then not having proven that people actually turned the game off not seeing the Spurs big 3; especially given that the Spurs have never been ratings bonanzas to begin with and their games and series (finals especially) routinely set record lows for ratings.

If the Big 3 did play, regardless of the result, nobody would still be talking about the game 24 hrs later. The hoopla could have had an inverse effect than expected and drawn more viewers, particularly when people heard/saw that it was still a close game and nobodies were playing the Miami Heats to a standstill.

4th string bench player salary??? :wow:

Darth Stern strikes back!

I wonder what Peter Holt has to say about this :lol:

Last edited:

I get where people are coming from with this, but I personally don't buy it. What about people who bought tickets before a star player goes down with an injury? Should they be refunded too? Or should the Lakers force Steve Nash to play for all the fans who bought tickets to tonight's game a few months ago, expecting to see the Lakers' full starting lineup?

I get that Nash is actually injured and the Spurs weren't... but the principle remains the same.

If Pop felt it necessary to hold out his players the health of their bodies, that's ultimately the same reason why a team isn't putting a player with an ankle or knee injury out on the court. It's certainly not the same level of severity, but the same purpose - not to get hurt or get hurt more by going out and playing.

Last edited:
Yea actually he is this is the NBA with some of the most Elite players on the planet in a competitive sport. That they also get payed millions to play. Him not playing early in November against a team who just won a chip is ridiculous and horrible for the League. Play him 20 minutes whatever... but to simply sit him out when your suppose to be two premier teams is F'n ridiculous.

Why bother replying if you're going to ignore 95% of the post?

If the Spurs won the game, would there still be a fine? :smh: :smh:

Man, Stern doing his best Roger Goodell impression right now with this ridiculous ****

laugh.gif
you guys are funny.

That's like taking your kids to a Destiny's Child concert and the finding out Kelly and Beyonce aren't gonna perform.  BUT they aren't even sick.  They are just saving their voices for the next city because the tour is "too demanding". 

Man this logic or lack of is like Im in a bizzaro world

You guys keep using weak excuses like "oh what if it was a blowout"

The point is you don't feel cheated as a fan. You can look at the scoreboard and say "hey Duncan is on the bench because they are down 30 son".  And your son doesn't even feel as bad because he at least got to see Duncan, Manu, Parker  take a dribble, a jumpshot.  Make one moment that the kid will remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom