Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only place Paul & Howard could team up without any financial give back or trickery is Atlanta. Only place with that much cap. But Broussard says BOTH Howard & Paul hate that idea. Especially Paul.

Houston doesn't even have enough space for Dwight right now. They have to clear about $4mil.

Dirk alone puts them at less cap than Howard and Paul for max deals.

But then again it's Chris Broussard....

Dude needs a proofreader for all his articles because he comes up with a central premise then goes out of his way to make himself look stupid throughout the article.

rockets aren't picking up a 6 million dollar team option on francisco garcia.
if push comes to shove, they'll cut delfino's 3 million because it's non guaranteed
the rockets are actively trying to trade thomas robinson and his 3.5 million dollar deal

rockets cap figures

Man I know their cap situation much better than you, so no need to tell me what their cap looks like...

Do the Rockets RIGHT NOW TODAY have enough cap space for Dwight Howard at a max deal? The answer is no. They have to clear a couple million to have enough space. Hence why they have to trade TRob for nothing.

Will they? Yes. But re-read that bolded part, "Houston doesn't even have enough space for Dwight RIGHT NOW."

Also it was set up in the discussion of where CP3 & Dwight could team up.

Last edited:
Only place Paul & Howard could team up without any financial give back or trickery is Atlanta. Only place with that much cap. But Broussard says BOTH Howard & Paul hate that idea. Especially Paul.

Houston doesn't even have enough space for Dwight right now. They have to clear about $4mil.

Dirk alone puts them at less cap than Howard and Paul for max deals.

But then again it's Chris Broussard....

Dude needs a proofreader for all his articles because he comes up with a central premise then goes out of his way to make himself look stupid throughout the article.

rockets aren't picking up a 6 million dollar team option on francisco garcia.
if push comes to shove, they'll cut delfino's 3 million because it's non guaranteed
the rockets are actively trying to trade thomas robinson and his 3.5 million dollar deal

rockets cap figures

Man I know their cap situation much better than you, so no need to tell me what their cap looks like...

Do the Rockets RIGHT NOW TODAY have enough cap space for Dwight Howard at a max deal? The answer is no. They have to clear a couple million to have enough space. Hence why they have to trade TRob for nothing.

Will they? Yes. But re-read that bolded part, "Houston doesn't even have enough space for Dwight RIGHT NOW."

Also it was set up in the discussion of where CP3 & Dwight could team up.

wasn't aware that cap space RIGHT NOW TODAY made any difference as free agency is still weeks away :rolleyes

anyways, all it takes is declining the team option on francisco garcia to make the room for dwight, which they will do for sure, so arguing they don't have room is pretty pointless.

as far as cp3 and dwight go, i don't see them realistically teaming up anywhere.

Last edited:
wasn't aware that cap space RIGHT NOW TODAY made any difference as free agency is still weeks away :rolleyes

anyways, all it takes is declining the team option on francisco garcia to make the room for dwight, which they will do for sure, so arguing they don't have room is pretty pointless.

as far as cp3 and dwight go, i don't see them realistically teaming up anywhere.

Actually it doesn't... Cap is likely going to be set at $58.5mil. Dwight at max is $20.513mil. So you need at less than $37.986 to have enough room.

Harden, Asik, Lin, Parsons, White, Robinson, Montiejunas, Jones, Beverley (who they won't let go), Smith (who they won't let go) is $41.2mil.

They have to let Robinson go for free to have enough room.

Last edited:
if push comes to shove, they'll walk greg smith right out the door. he's grown tremendously as a player, but he won't get in the way of possibly signing dwight. this is all assuming he opts to leave LA. and it might have had to do with robinson being traded for, but mchale never made it a point to use him for whatever reason. i'm sure plenty of teams like his potential.

anyways, my point was that the rockets are very capable of making the room. not as impossible as you made it seem.

I didn't make it impossible.. I was talking about CP3 & Dwight on the same team. Hence why I talked about Dallas and ATL's chances as well.

You misread

If Daryl Morey has the confidence to go after CP3 & Dwight then I say go for it.

Extreme longshot but it can be done.

rtgld_medium.png

c9398_medium.png

n6rzo_medium.png

7uugf_medium.png

6wgfs_medium.png

Denver Nuggets forward Andre Iguodala has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract and enter free agency, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Iguodala, 29, promises to be one of the most desired players on the summer market. His agent, Rob Pelinka, informed Denver CEO Josh Kroenke of the plan in a meeting on Thursday in Los Angeles.

"We are fully aware of Andre's intentions and he's well aware of how much we want him back," Kroenke told Yahoo! Sports Friday afternoon. "Andre us a huge priority for our organization."

So, what is exactly Denver is planning to do now? I think Brewer is leaving as well.

This isn't new he said he was gonna opt out last summer. Longer deal/more money if he opts out.

Cant envision another place where Brewer could be as successful but if it means more Fournier. Peace.

Davide Chinellato ‏@dchinellato 8m
#Nuggets Danilo Gallinari in a video on his FB page: "I wanna give u a great news. My ACL wasn't torn and wasn't repaired or rebuilt" #NBA
:pimp:

Max Luckan (@MaxLuckan) tweeted at 3:32 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:
Dwight Howard and Chris Paul will set their plan to play together in motion very soon. They aren't opposed to playing together on the Hawks.

Cp harden and Dwight would be a solid core. Very solid. They need to cancel that Atlanta talk. If cp wants to join a contending team, he should go to indi, they need point guard and he needs a real team. Lose Stephenson, hill and some bench players to free up space, get granger back healthy, rip nba.

Last edited:
Max Luckan (@MaxLuckan) tweeted at 3:32 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:
Dwight Howard and Chris Paul will set their plan to play together in motion very soon. They aren't opposed to playing together on the Hawks.

If this happens (which I highly doubt) Clips should pursue Jarrett Jack to replace Emmanuel. :lol:

Last edited:
So, Chris Paul, Mr. Super Competitor, saw what happened with the Lakers this season, saw how Dwight played/behaved, and decided, yeah, D12 is who I have to play with to get me to the next level? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

So, Chris Paul, Mr. Super Competitor, saw what happened with the Lakers this season, saw how Dwight played/behaved, and decided, yeah, D12 is who I have to play with to get me to the next level? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

He probably thinks he can feed Dwight better than the lakers did

Multiple people have said if he didn't like Kobe's attitude toward basketball, Chris Paul will likely kill him

gonna need more than cp3 & dwight coward to do any damage in this league

if cp3 was smart he'd distance himself from this fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom