Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Yall acting like Bron over here crying about a no call after landing on a defender's foot after fading away and missing a game winning jumper.

Lol!!!

Lowkey that bull doze move on Booz was Hella od'd though! Lol Booz barely moved too.

Took Durantula 1 loss after 28 games to finally speak up, wow.

Do y'all dudes have this type of nerve in real life? Lol.

This stems back to when you called wade the 5th best in the nba. Im talking about d wades lack of defense, its hard to see in the regular season because there really arent that many good sg's in the league, in the playoffs it will be more obvious if you actually look, as for the Heat themselves, yeah I was waiting for them to lose, it was getting tiring seeing that **** on espn everyday, comparing this team with the 96 bulls, when this streak should have been over when orlando played them in miami a while back(the charging call)

Last edited:
You guys are silly with some of the comments being thrown around, making it look like LeBron improved his jumper vastly ala Tony Parker in 2003. I think what's convoluting this thinking is by his high fg%.

Sure, his jumper has improved, but not as drastically as most of you are saying. His shot selection is the part of his game that's improved considerably.

I'll still allow the defense to let him take 20 foot jumpers all game long than let him get into the paint and do his work.

You'd think doubling him in corners or trapping him would let that happen, but dude has so many shooters floating around the perimeter it's almost suicide to play that way. You need incredible defenders on the wings and a strong defensive anchor to beat the Heat, honestly.

Also, you gotta get into LeBron's head. As much as he's physically gifted, his mental toughness just isn't there yet. He's *****ing about physical ball and saying how some of those foul are "unnatural" basketball plays.

And to think, some of you guys had the audacity to say he'd dominate in the 80's and Jordan's era. The 90's Knicks and Bad Boy Pistons would send him crying 7 ways to Sunday. Bill Lambier and Rick Mahorn would haunt this guys dreams every night :lol:

To be fair though, Lebron isn't from that era and he was bred to think and play with certain expectations. Guys in LeBron's era don't have that kind of toughness, and everyone is too cool with eachother these days. It's like players are scared to show any kind of "hate" on the floor during an NBA anymore.

Even the NBA is advocating this kind of play as well. The league has been evolving every year since MJ left, and it's gotten softer and softer as the years go by. Stern wants the games to be exciting with high score and constant fast breaks for the highlight reels. No one wants to see a defensive game ending with a score of 79-84 anymore for example.

LeBron is just a product of the system. Damn freak of a product, but a product non the less.

Last edited:
What's more difficult to accomplish, 33 straight or 72-10??

Neither is more difficult, if you actually consider the circumstances. To begin, both accomplishments were the product of dilution. In 1972, the ABA featured a handful of all-time great NBA players. Two competing leagues, and the NBA wasn't at full strength because of it. Also, the NBA had expanded dramatically in the previous years. As for 1996, the NBA added two teams that year, which totaled six new teams in seven years. Does nobody else find it strange that the two most revered records (in terms of regular season winning) in the NBA happened to occur during the two seasons the league was at its weakest point?

That's why the 1986 Celtics are so impressive. They won 67 games when the league was at its most competitive point (or, highest concentration of talent, if you want to look at it that way). The league had added only two teams in the previous 15 seasons. They lost one game at home the entire season, including playoffs. They would have won 70+ if they hadn't gotten so bored and lost most of their games to non-playoff teams on the road.

Neither is more difficult, if you actually consider the circumstances. To begin, both accomplishments were the product of dilution. In 1972, the ABA featured a handful of all-time great NBA players. Two competing leagues, and the NBA wasn't at full strength because of it. Also, the NBA had expanded dramatically in the previous years. As for 1996, the NBA added two teams that year, which totaled six new teams in seven years. Does nobody else find it strange that the two most revered records (in terms of regular season winning) in the NBA happened to occur during the two seasons the league was at its weakest point?

That's why the 1986 Celtics are so impressive. They won 67 games when the league was at its most competitive point (or, highest concentration of talent, if you want to look at it that way). The league had added only two teams in the previous 15 seasons. They lost one game at home the entire season, including playoffs. They would have won 70+ if they hadn't gotten so bored and lost most of their games to non-playoff teams on the road.

96/97 def was not the weakest or weak for that matter. Smh the 90's were very competitive. I hv no idea where you are getting this from. The league now is soft n lacks killers. There is only one "killer" in the league now n that's bryant! *threw up in mouth just now but it's true* and he is from the what? Exactly...90's!

96/97 def was not the weakest or weak for that matter. Smh the 90's were very competitive. I hv no idea where you are getting this from. The league now is soft n lacks killers. There is only one "killer" in the league now n that's bryant! *threw up in mouth just now but it's true* and he is from the what? Exactly...90's!

You think it's a coincidence the most multiple 60+-win teams per season came from 1996-1998? Please. You came into this thread unprepared for a history lesson. It's cool. I understand.

This stems back to when you called wade the 5th best in the nba. Im talking about d wades lack of defense, its hard to see in the regular season because there really arent that many good sg's in the league, in the playoffs it will be more obvious if you actually look, as for the Heat themselves, yeah I was waiting for them to lose, it was getting tiring seeing that **** on espn everyday, comparing this team with the 96 bulls, when this streak should have been over when orlando played them in miami a while back(the charging call)

Yea, you're the dude who said dwyane wade is and has always been a horrible defender. Now you're the dude whose saying LeBron James can't shoot a jumper.

You're just becoming that oblivious basketball guy, cool bruh, carry on. We just won't pay you no mind now.

Probably the NCAA. You're around your peers and it's almost seen as something is "wrong" with you for you to be in the D-League. It's usually filled with guys who couldn't make an NBA roster during training camp, undrafted players or 2nd round rookies. Also, it's the non-conventional route if you're a HS recruit.

Look at Brandon Jennings as an example. Dude was obviously ready for the NBA straight out of High School, but college isn't for everybody and he decided to go overseas and show case his talent. Granted, he barely got any playing time out there and I heard he got scrubbed around a few times. But he still got that experience.

Going to the D-League should be someones last option.

BTW, the NBA minors doesn't work the same way as baseball. I think that's where you're getting this idea from.
Or it's because for most major recruits...they won't make as much money as they would by just going to college for a year.

Lebron is a big guy but I'm sure no one enjoys getting hacked a couple times night in and night out. I think a lot of you guys take things out of context just cause it's lebron.

Lebron made booZer who knew contact was coming and every thing take a couple steps back. And boozer ain't no joke as far as size goes. So it was a pretty good hit.

Isn't it a flagrant foul for hanging on the rim while on defense? Nates last runner dropped and Bron hung on the rim. Just curious cause they didn't call anything

Where's this damn post game vid?

Right here...
laugh.gif

Lebron is soft though. 27-1 is nothing to hang you're heads about fellas. Hold em high, mogs been waiting since FEB 1 to have even anything to say.

I'm proud of the way they finished and that Bron showed some emotion.
The Kob-ster was physically hurt. A dirty player, who he has had problems with in the past, slide underneath him on a fadeaway jumper. Dude didn't even jump to contest it.

Lebron was mentally and emotionally hurt. Probably has something to do with getting scored on by boozer and nate late in the game and then following the boozer bucket by handing the ball to the other team.

If ya'll are this emotional after this, please stay away from the forum once the Heat get bounced out the playoffs. Pacers (
smokin.gif
) and the Bulls are finna get in that ***.

Last edited:
Im a Laker fan and I saw a GP Laker jersey in the goodwill for like 3 bucks. Didnt even cop it. It was in like new condition too. I just don't consider him a laker. On second thought I just may go back and cop just b/c it's $3
laugh.gif
YOu'd better hurry up and get it before someone else does.
What's more difficult to accomplish, 33 straight or 72-10??
72-10 all day plus comp was real back then. Prima donna city now...
Agreed
Isn't it a flagrant foul for hanging on the rim while on defense? Nates last runner dropped and Bron hung on the rim. Just curious cause they didn't call anything
More like a technical foul than a flagrant.

Well, Miami has the second longest winning streak in NBA history.  Most of it is due to everyone contributing and playing as a team. Plus that Harlem Shake video, you definitely have to be willing to come together as a whole in order to pull that off and the winning streak.

Last edited:
These last 3 or so pages have been filled with multiple troll accounts hating & soft ****** calling another dude soft LOL

Last edited:
Hes a physical beast. He is so strong he has such an advantage esp on driving to the hoop but if he is complaining about the fouls by Hinrich and Taj he is soft. His post game comments implied both of those were flagrant and he has been dealing with it all season

He is a spoiled brat. A very entitled person. Royalty

This version of him would not be doing as well back in the day. Now would his personality be diff without the hundreds of millions and league not sucking him off? Very possible

^ pretty much

Money complaining about being almost 300 pounds and getting slapped across his chest while driving to the whole......:lol:

Then you got a punter on the court, wrapping you up and you land on him but that's a football play????

Guys came out of hiding I see :lol:

And who the hell is repping this dude knightngale talking about "The team who has the streak is my team"? The same guy who got caught the last couple years rooting for the Celtics talking about he's a lifelong fan.

Hey_

WHAT?!

When the hell does he ever get called for a technical or a flagrant (besides tonight which was justified.)?

Dude is the MOST accommodated player in the league. (the "flagrant" they called on Fisher in the Finals comes to mind. Hell most of the fouls he drew)

TF is he talkin' about?

Julius F. Wrek

:lol: him, Kobe and Wade are the most protected stars in the league but he's acting like the refs hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom