Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im far from a kobe fan, but respect his gm
the guy is MVP. hands down. the stuff he is doing at his age and with this many miles on his body is incredible. sure, he has some big names on his team, but these guys are straight up not earning their paycheck. 24>6
he does whatever it is the team needs him to. kobe johnson one gm, kobe jordan the next. :smokin

The playoff race in the West is going to be crazy. Especially if Kobe continues to play like this.. And if the rest of the Lakers follow suit and step it up I think they'll make the playoffs no sweat. But they have to really work on their D.

They're always playing from behind and I know that's taking a physical toll on Kobe.

Here yall go with this..
and actually I was.
Bruh, be content with the lakers being over .500.

No real Heat fan before 2010 would have LeBron James as his avatar holding the championship trophy. No real Heat fan I know, and I'm down here.

Just say you're a LeBron fan first, keep it real.

Nah, I'm being facetious, the Raps arent a terrible team with Rudy, and my squad lost to them.

They are in definite need of a coaching change, they could be a fringe playoff team.

As of now, they are in the 9th spot, but are like 8 games out from the 8th. A whole season with Rudy, and they could definitely be in the playoffs....I just hope they dont try to take Brian Shaw in the offseason :rolleyes

Brian Shaw getting his start in Toronto? :pimp:

:rolleyes

4 titles in 8 years is "always coming up short"?

I said 07 will be the spurs last finals appearance and yes the spurs always come up short since then

I wish my team could come up short like that :lol:

The Pacers last finals appearance was in 2000, when they took Shaq and Kobe to 6 games

I'd say that 4 titles in an 8 year span, the last one only being 6 years ago is pretty damn good though

Raptors are 4-2 with Rudy Gay.

In those four wins, he is a combined +59, or an average of +15 each game.

Wins against LAC, Denver, Hornets, and Pacers.

Losses were against Boston, a game that they blew, and Miami, who has played perfect basketball recently.

If you want to sit here and argue that he's not worth it, or that he's not as good as some of his peers, fine.

But it's clear that they are playing better with him than they were before he got there.

That's what Casey wanted, that's what the Raptors front office wanted. It's expensive, but you gotta start somewhere. They weren't going to be winning any basketball games with Jonas, Ed Davis, Calderon, and DeMar.

It's too late this year, but to start a winning culture, you have to start somewhere.
******g Rudy Gay though...
mean.gif

Inefficiency at it's finest. 6/14? for 17 points?

He MIGHT'VE had a good game if he made those other eight shots...

BUM.
You are dead wrong. period. Sixers went from having the 3rd best defense to outside of the top 10 thats not a fluke or an accident.
You don't think losing Elton Brand had at least a big part in that?
grin.gif
he ain't as good this year, but last year he was a force.

Iggy being marginally different than Rudy on offense is hilarious though.
Because he made that steal at the end of regulation? 
laugh.gif

He still isn't very good, bottom line.
That steal, yeah. And the other combined 6 steals/blocks he had tonight too...
laugh.gif

I mean, a career 45% shooter, he's good for about 20 a game. Good defender, I mean he's leaps and bounds better than anyone else on that team right now.

[quote name="Big J 33"]They're not celebrating being over .500, but for watching one of the greatest players of all-time put on another tremendous performance when every single win counts. It's impressive and warrants excitement without someone immediately crapping over it. That can wait until the morning.
[/quote]NOT said by a Lakers fan. :smokin

Who gonna start the Kobe Vs LeBron thread?
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

You need to be permabanned from this thread.
roll.gif
@ all the Dipset hate on NT
I usually ignore his meaningless, idiotic posts, but posts like that one have been the trigger point for pages upon pages of nonsensical garbage that have permeated this thread.

No need to start up foolishness like that again.
Correct. It's not hating on Dipset just to hate... but that's the exact kind of argument baiting statement we don't need in this thread. If you want to make that thread, then do it, but posting that in here will cause frustration from those who know what will follow.

I guarantee raptors top 5 in the east next year and rudy and derozan all stars with a 2nd round playoff exit

Lol watch and see ...theyre already better than nets and hawks

im far from a kobe fan, but respect his gm
the guy is MVP. hands down. the stuff he is doing at his age and with this many miles on his body is incredible. sure, he has some big names on his team, but these guys are straight up not earning their paycheck. 24>6
he does whatever it is the team needs him to. kobe johnson one gm, kobe jordan the next. :smokin
not sure if srs

Nah, I'm being facetious, the Raps arent a terrible team with Rudy, and my squad lost to them.

They are in definite need of a coaching change, they could be a fringe playoff team.

As of now, they are in the 9th spot, but are like 8 games out from the 8th. A whole season with Rudy, and they could definitely be in the playoffs....I just hope they dont try to take Brian Shaw in the offseason :rolleyes

I wouldnt give up on Casey just yet. As a Raps fan, we finally have a good collection/core group where they can be competitive every night. Problem is the team makeup will get them to 6th at best if they all play their best for 82 games. Not something significant. Regardless who you put in there for a coach, they arent going much higher.

Its not a Casey problem. I actually really like what he does in Toronto. Problem is that players dont respond. And of course, when the players dont respond, the coach gets ousted.

If I were a betting man though, Casey will be in Toronto as long as BC is the GM. So who knows how long thats going to be... For better or for worse.

"we finally have a good collection/core group where they can be competitive every night"

are you ******g crazy, no we don't, we have a fundamentally broken core that will lead us nowhere,

I wouldnt give up on Casey just yet. As a Raps fan, we finally have a good collection/core group where they can be competitive every night. Problem is the team makeup will get them to 6th at best if they all play their best for 82 games. Not something significant. Regardless who you put in there for a coach, they arent going much higher.

Its not a Casey problem. I actually really like what he does in Toronto. Problem is that players dont respond. And of course, when the players dont respond, the coach gets ousted.

If I were a betting man though, Casey will be in Toronto as long as BC is the GM. So who knows how long thats going to be... For better or for worse.

imo if the players dont respond that is a coaching problem. you're basically hired as a leader of men, and those men need to respect your leadership.

on a somewhat related note, it really grinds my gears to hear players call their coaches by their first names. like nah *****, my name is COACH!

imo if the players dont respond that is a coaching problem. you're basically hired as a leader of men, and those men need to respect your leadership.

on a somewhat related note, it really grinds my gears to hear players call their coaches by their first names. like nah *****, my name is COACH!

Negro stop these dudes the ones on the court and they get paid more, they can call their coach anything they want, this not HS

I guarantee raptors top 5 in the east next year and rudy and derozan all stars with a 2nd round playoff exit

Lol watch and see ...theyre already better than nets and hawks

son, the raptors dont have a single player that is even equal to either of those teams second best.

Brook/Horford >> Anything the Raptors have to offer

Negro stop these dudes the ones on the court and they get paid more, they can call their coach anything they want, this not HS

Just because thats "how it is" doesnt mean its right. Obviously they do call them by their first names, but its my opinion that its not a good look

Originally Posted by Big J 33  
They're not celebrating being over .500, but for watching one of the greatest players of all-time put on another tremendous performance when every single win counts. It's impressive and warrants excitement without someone immediately crapping over it. That can wait until the morning.
NOT said by a Lakers fan.
smokin.gif
I swear, I need someone like Big J in my real life to keep me in check and just regulate for me 
laugh.gif

Enjoy this from Kobe y'all. You saw it from Jordan, but you may never see it again. Def won't see it in this NBA.

Yall know I feel about the Lakers and their fans but this dude Kobe.

Dude is literally willing a team to wins.

In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy "I'm not even mad I'm just impressed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom